Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old March 9th, 2016, 10:48 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Spider-Man (Miles Moral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Sherman, I have taken pics of him for C3G, which you are welcome to use if you want some clearer pics. Just respond with a shout out to me and I'll post them here for you.
Sure, post them here and I'll see what I can do.
Old March 9th, 2016, 07:22 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Spider-Man (Miles Moral

Here you go! I hope something works for you!
Spoiler Alert!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old March 17th, 2016, 10:23 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Professor X

Thanks, Spidey - I think the new pics worked fine. Here's the new version:

Chas recently helped me with some light playtesting for a new card, Professor X:

The first draft he helped me with had a 2 Defense and a lower point cost because I was going for a "glass cannon" feel for the card, but chas thought it was a bit too far in that direction and made him too vulnerable, so I took his feedback and bumped the Defense to 3, rationalizing that it can represent Professor X protecting himself with a little mental suggestion. The new version is still vulnerable to opponents with a large threat range, but I like the idea that an X-Men player has to use his army as a team to protect Professor X to get the most use out of his bonding power.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; March 25th, 2016 at 10:56 AM.
Old April 7th, 2016, 09:13 PM

Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Kang the Conqueror

Chas recently helped me out with playtesting another new card, Kang the Conqueror:

Chas and I had a couple of very close games pitting Kang and his Cathar Spearmen/10th Foot army against a large Knights of Weston/4th Mass army. We played on a great map I found on the site, Perilous Passage by @Soul Shackle . I highly recommend it, and his other maps look good too.
Old April 16th, 2016, 09:20 AM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Kang the Conqueror

Kang looks a well balanced easy to play card. Great job!
Old April 21st, 2016, 09:48 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Kang the Conqueror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
Kang looks a well balanced easy to play card. Great job!
Thanks, he required a little more playtesting than others, partly because there are no official walking ranged figures in his point cost to compare him with and partly because the squad bonding power makes him suited mostly to large point games. Luckily, chas was gracious enough to lend me a hand here.
Old May 4th, 2016, 10:43 AM

Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Civil War

With the latest Marvel movie, Captain America: Civil War, coming out this month I'm planning on running a game for Grishnakh and company inspired by it, which means I needed a couple of new cards to round out the cast, Winter Soldier and Ant-Man:

Winter Soldier is basically a beefier version of my Bucky card, designed to benefit from Captain America's Tactician power when fighting alongside him, while staying vulnerable to Cap's Counter Strike when opposing him. Ant-Man is designed to confound opponents who try to engage him while using hit and run tactics to deal damage.
Old June 13th, 2016, 08:40 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Power Pack

I finished working on some old customs I've been meaning to revise for a long time now, the kids from Power Pack:

Old July 7th, 2016, 07:32 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Cloak & Dagger

Some friends and I got in some playtest games over the holiday weekend, helping me put the finishing touches on another couple of cards I've been working on for a while, Cloak & Dagger, as well as revising my old Nick Fury card:

Old July 26th, 2016, 09:39 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Annihilus

I found some time to finish up a card for one of the Fantastic Four's oldest foes, Annihilus:

Old July 29th, 2016, 04:33 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Annihilus

I love the fact that you are still pumping out cards and expanding the already awesome Shermaverse. One of these days I have to bring the boys out to see you guys battle it out.

Annihilus has always been one of my favorites and a card I'd love to do myself. I've never been a fan of his mini choices either due to lack of detail or high prices. I must admit I haven't checked the recent Heroclix choices but I see you chose the old bland mini.

I like your non-complicated take on him. Basically he is a high life figure who loses some umpf after being injured. You could have just increased his life and made his stats reduce once he took a certain number of wounds. Instead, your mechanic allows the player to gamble as to how much of a beating he will take before you decide to recharge his life by knocking down his offense. Definitely peaking my interest here.
Old July 29th, 2016, 06:28 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Cloak & Dagger

LOVE Cloak and Dagger. Definitely printing these out after Gencon. Nick Fury is awesome, too. Great character in each of these, with simple, Official-style mechanics.

I don't know a lot about Annihilus, but I do have a clix figure for him, and the mechanic is very interesting. (Whichever comics he was in, I guess I missed.)

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations