Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 15th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Matt Helm's Customs 6/15 -Phantom Lady, Hawkeye, She-Hul

Garada's getting slow, so I'm going to stress him out. Switching back to Marvel, he asked for it, so I'm delivering...

-------------------------------------------------------------

FALCON

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
ADVENTURER
DISCIPLINED
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 4
MOVE: 7
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 4

REDWING SWOOP 17
After moving and before attacking, you may choose any small or medium figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Falcon. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.

SOLDIER’S PARTNER
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Hero Soldier you control to partner with Falcon. If Falcon and his partner both have unrevealed Order Markers on their cards, Falcon receives one additional defense die. The second partner to take a turn each round receives 1 additional die when attacking figures adjacent to the other partner.

FLYING

When counting spaces for Falcon’s movement, ignore elevations. Falcon may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Falcon starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't resist Redwing Swoop taken from Sonlen (and I just noticed Hi1 also used that name). But I added in the "18" even though Sonlen doesn't have the #. Most 20-sided Die roll abilities do have it, besides I can now distinguish my ability from Hi1's.

Notice I "partnered" him with a Unique Hero Soldier rather than Cap himself. For a lot less in points, one could partner Falcon with our Bucky and then hope to eventually get back the Winter Soldier for a nice new partnership.

Please let me know if the wording works on the partner ability.

Last edited by Matt Helm; June 15th, 2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old June 15th, 2009, 11:29 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Matt Helm's Customs 6/15 -Phantom Lady, Hawkeye, She-Hul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
As worded, why would Phantom Lady's Invisibility require any words at all? Just color her hit zone grey, it'll have the exact same effect without the needless text.
We went through that debate on Sue's card as well and felt that since there is plenty of room, it's best to spell it out and avoid questions. It wouldn't be the first time that Heroscape spells out the obvious on a card. Some Special Attacks could probably go withthe Range and Attack stats alone.
Official Specials or customs? I'm curious, which Special Powers do you think wouldn't require any text besides Range and Attack?
Old June 15th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Matt Helm's 6/15 -Phantom Lady,Falcon,Hawkeye,She-Hulk

Sherman just called me out... I'll have to slink back into my hole and take a look... and get back to you... eventually... or change the subject.
Old June 15th, 2009, 11:34 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like this Falcon a lot, and yeah, Redwing Swoop was just too hard to resist. My range for that is up to six but, otherwise its the same. I like how you partnered him with any soldier.

The second line of that ability is a little confusing though. Maybe, "The first partner to take a turn wach round receives 1 additional die when attacking figures adjacent to the other partner."

Old June 15th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Might have to change the subject ... I think SotM Sgt. Drake's is the most flavorless special attack out there, and even that has the no Jandar restriction to give it something. (Not to mention that the attack and range values are different than Drake's normal ones).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 15th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Captain Underpants

No, Warden 816's inability to use his special on small figures is the biggest joke of a special.

Curse you Sherman Davies! It must have been customs then. In fact, on our "Fulton (the Tinker Gnome)" for Hellboy-scape, we left off the wording on the specials as they were straight forward.

I still like the written out clarification but I see that the zombies leave it alone. Then again they have some red to target, Phantom Lady and the Invisible Woman do not. I think it just clarifies and can't hurt.
Old June 15th, 2009, 11:45 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Sherman just called me out... I'll have to slink back into my hole and take a look... and get back to you... eventually... or change the subject.
Hah, no worries Matt, I was genuinely wondering what Special Power I could be forgetting, since I pride myself on my unhealthy memory of Heroscape stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Might have to change the subject ... I think SotM Sgt. Drake's is the most flavorless special attack out there, and even that has the no Jandar restriction to give it something. (Not to mention that the attack and range values are different than Drake's normal ones).
And IAmBatman gives me the perfect example of an official Special that comes close to not needing any text. Of course, Drake's pistol is about as close as it will ever get, since I believe that by Heroscape's design philosophy a Special Power must do something other than have a range and attack value.

Edit: Almost forgot to comment on Falcon...

I think his Redwing Swoop power should be limited to small and medium figures. For one thing, it would make sense that Redwing couldn't hurt, say, Jotun. For another, it would keep the poor Deathwalkers from yet another ability that nerfs them. In exchange, you could drop the required d20 roll to a 16 or something. I almost adapted Sonlen's power for my own Falcon custom, but decided instead that Redwing acted more as an extra set of eyes for Falcon than an actual combatant, so I made it an initiative-modifying power.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; June 15th, 2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old June 15th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 View Post
I like this Falcon a lot, and yeah, Redwing Swoop was just too hard to resist. My range for that is up to six but, otherwise its the same. I like how you partnered him with any soldier.

The second line of that ability is a little confusing though. Maybe, "The first partner to take a turn wach round receives 1 additional die when attacking figures adjacent to the other partner."
Thanks Hi1, I went with a small range as I didn't want to make Falcon have such a wide range for an auto wound. That's also why I made the chance of success so slim.

As for the wording, you may be getting close. Maybe I should change it to the 2nd partner (as like a follow up punch) and then it may be easier to understand that an Order Marker on each card with an actual number on it is needed to activate...

"The second partner to take a turn each round receives 1 additional die when attacking figures adjacent to the other partner."

EDIT: #500 in my thread... of course about 492 of the posts were made by me, but still an accomplishment.

Last edited by Matt Helm; June 15th, 2009 at 11:59 PM.
Old June 15th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Captain Underpants

Thanks to SD I altered Redwing's ability limiting it to small and medium figures. I then increased the chance of success by 5%.

What do you guys think of Hi1's suggestion on the partner ability and should I change it to the 2nd figure's bonus?
Old June 16th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
No, Warden 816's inability to use his special on small figures is the biggest joke of a special.
It's probably a tie. One can't hurt 4th Mass, one can't hurt Rats.

Quote:
I believe that by Heroscape's design philosophy a Special Power must do something other than have a range and attack value.
I believe you're right. This has always been one of the things that's made it really hard for me to do a Heat Vision Special Attack that felt right. I mean, besides blasting people from range what does Heat Vision really do?
But that's an issue for another thread.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 16th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Quote:
It's probably a tie. One can't hurt 4th Mass, one can't hurt Rats.

Quote:
I believe that by Heroscape's design philosophy a Special Power must do something other than have a range and attack value.
I believe you're right. This has always been one of the things that's made it really hard for me to do a Heat Vision Special Attack that felt right. I mean, besides blasting people from range what does Heat Vision really do?
But that's an issue for another thread.
Maybe that's why my proposed Superman cannot use Heat Vision against Humans.
Old June 16th, 2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Mine rarely misses, because if you're aiming with your eyes, how do you miss, really?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations