Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 31st, 2011, 06:34 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of the Death Knights of Valkrill

I could see them being used well with Tealord. They are the only units in the game that can bond with a Kyrie. He would make them even more devastating. 3 attack against a figure with two less defense is nothing to laugh at.

The only issue with this army settup would be Tealords cost. But with bonding on your side, his cost seems a little more fair.

240- DKoV x4
180-Tealord
80- Realin
500- Total

I will be sure to use this army as soon as I get some Death Knights. Which will hopefully be quite soon.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old August 2nd, 2011, 04:22 PM

greenscaleman is surprisingly tart

With hawthorne, they go through melee like 3 hot knives through butter

How bout
Hawthorne-90
DKx2-120
Nilf-185
Scales-2-120
Tagawa archers-60
filler-25
total 600

lead with lizards, using ice shard as much as possible
once nilf is dead follow up with dks
cleanup with tagawas

only problem is if nilf goes down, there goes half your army

One Ring to rule them all,
One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all,
And in the darkness bind them.''
Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:42 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

I've been messing around with these guys a little more, and used this build surprisingly successfully;

Hawthorne 90
DK x3 270
MotH x2 550

Set up the knights up front and use the MotHs for short range right behind the knights. The only real problem I found was facing AoEs and multi-attacks--but hey, half the army is made up of common squads.

And another [thematic] build I might use in a dungeon campaign is:

Hawthorne 90 (again)
DK x3 270
Red Wyrm x2 330
Moltenclaw 500

Went for a red-dragon knight theme (Hawthorne's shield). Works well enough for a campaign battle.
Old September 20th, 2011, 01:52 AM

Gomagician Woo who?

Please add synergy with Werewolf Lord. Cuz I was looking at my pile, and I'm pretty sure...that you missed him.
Old September 20th, 2011, 02:00 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomagician View Post
Please add synergy with Werewolf Lord. Cuz I was looking at my pile, and I'm pretty sure...that you missed him.
Unfortunately, the Werewolf Lord is Huge, so not eligible for bonding.
Old September 20th, 2011, 02:11 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've been running these guys with Taelord and the Air Elementals, and it works just fine...except against hordes of ranged commons. I've been using:

Taelord
DKoV x3
Air Elemental x4

...give or take an Elemental, depending upon the points. OM's in this are straight-forward, as you'd expected from a pure bonding army. Against most melee-heavy builds, it's owned - with wins so far against steamroller, sentinels, Nilf/GSW (that was a close one!), zombies and warforged. High-defense units like the Sentinels of Jandar or the Warforged Soldiers are prime targets for you Deathknights, due to the major advantage you take away from them with Soul Swords. Sitting behind a screening (and quickly replaced, if needed) Air Elemental gives these guys a good shot at taking the first shot at your opponent's melee figures.

That said, I've also had to suffer through devestating losses to a few ranged groups. Microcorp, Glad/Blast, 4th Mass and 10th Regiment have all trashed the army. This has been largely due to the ranged figures' ability to take out the Deathknights while ignoring the Air Elementals, but I've found that occasionally throwing Taelord at the ranged squads can buy the Deathknights enough time to close the gap.

All-in-all, I'm really happy with how well these guys contend with competitive armies. You probably won't go undefeated with them at a tourney, but they can be a lot of fun to play.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old May 25th, 2012, 02:45 PM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart

I was looking at the DK and thought how can I get Khosumet in there and some Anubians. The biggest problem with the Anubian cheerleader is you almost waste a turn getting him into position. With the DK's, now by alternating between DK and Anubians you can get that +1 attack and then throw in a couple Dumutefs and now your AW's are almost sure to have a better chance to get a +1 or +2 attack.
DK x2 120
Khosument 75
Anubian Wolves x3 225
DG x3 75
495pt and 20 spaces
for 500 put Air Elemental in for DG

Last edited by wolfeman1968; May 25th, 2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old May 26th, 2012, 12:47 AM

UberQ9 knows what's in an order marker UberQ9 knows what's in an order marker

These guys are great if you partner them with MoU. They both have high defense, and one can tie down something that the other one can kill more easily.
Old June 18th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

SOUL WEAPONS
Figures attacked by a Death Knight of Valkrill subtract 2 from their defense dice.

UNHOLY BONDING
Before taking a turn with the Death Knights of Valkrill, you may first take a turn with any small, medium, or large relentless Hero you control.

Custom Tech: Personalities aren't capitalized as of this card.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old June 18th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
SOUL WEAPONS
Figures attacked by a Death Knight of Valkrill subtract 2 from their defense dice.

UNHOLY BONDING
Before taking a turn with the Death Knights of Valkrill, you may first take a turn with any small, medium, or large relentless Hero you control.

Custom Tech: Personalities aren't capitalized as of this card.
Thanks for doing this.

As you may have noticed, they are being added to the front of each Book as I update them.
Old September 5th, 2014, 07:39 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Death Knights of Valkrill

I know it may not belong in the "Official Units" forum, but for reference, what C3V/SoV (if any) can bond with them?
Old September 5th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Death Knights of Valkrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I know it may not belong in the "Official Units" forum, but for reference, what C3V/SoV (if any) can bond with them?
Just the Skull Demon, as far as I know.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units