Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 27th, 2017, 05:27 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Soulscape Project- Converting the Dark Souls game to

Put in quite a bit of work tonight on the cards, wordings etc. I will edit this post with the images shortly but for now will post thoughts.

I'm currently very happy with O/S other than how wordy they are, especially considering I havent used Ornsteins full name yet. Any ideas of getting wordiness down is welcome because other than that I think the main thing to do with them is playtest.

I think I like TD and hes not too wordy but he is the number one unit that needs playtesting. I've knocked his defense down to 6 pre emptively since I think a similar nerf would be inevitable.

Sentinels- Really like where they are at. Wrath of God I definitely want to keep in terms of the name, but what it does I am not as positive on as the rest of the package, but I'm happy to try it out and see if it clicks. I put them as Demigods as well, but I am not sure if they are the same demigod race as the others or if they actually are giants...

Boreal Knight- Very complete IMO, just need to get his type to fit in photoshop and he is playtest ready I believe.

SK's- I like the archers other than being too wordy. Not sure what the solution should be. The swordsmen still dont feel distinct in my mind. Deadly strike is a fun keyword and fairly dark soulsy but I'm not sure what quite to do with them, not that just making them the bread and butter front line generic unit of the SK's is inherently a problem. They dont particularly do anything interesting in the game other than occasionally curb stomp a new or unsuspecting player.

Winged Knight- Not sure on his race. I put ascendant since they are ascending to be angels but I am sure there is a better term. I think his special is interesting and could give someone pause before committing too many troops around him. As is he is kind of like an inconsistent and weaker but cheaper Nif who I gave reach for now but could either get a buff vs. large units, have a sweep attack that affects units next to one another or something. His weapon is really incredible so it would be good to emphasize that in these other abilities whichever we may choose. Because his special is semi complicated/wordy I want to limit the other abilities to feeling on the more basic side.

Hollows- If we do go with deadly strike I dont mind the similarity between the SK's and them, its the kind of similarities that make sense. While I dont mind the simplicity of such units I am down to keep brainstorming,

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum