Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 24th, 2011, 09:29 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Death Chasers of Thesk

The Death Chasers of Thesk are the "forgotten Orcs". I always forget to include them in my Orc armies and while the blue Blade, Arrow, and Heavy Gruts compliment Grimnak, Swog, and Nerak nicely, the Death Chasers are like the elite shock troops. If the Gruts were the Nazis of WWII, the Death Chasers would be the Waffen SS. If the Orcs were the British then the Death Chasers would be the SAS. They have powerful base stats and hit hard and effectively. Couple with Glyphs, these guys, especially in multiples, are any Unique Hero's worst nightmare.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:39 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I wonder how the Warriors of Ashra would do against TDoT. Sure their hero could clear them out, but the Ashra Warriors seem to make a good counterdraft to these orcs. And being teamed with Acorlah, they would have an even better chance.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 24th, 2011, 11:10 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I wonder how the Warriors of Ashra would do against TDoT. Sure their hero could clear them out, but the Ashra Warriors seem to make a good counterdraft to these orcs. And being teamed with Acorlah, they would have an even better chance.
Unless I'm missing something, the only hero that could "clear them out" would be Me-Burq-Sa, and that's only one attack per turn. The Ashra don't even need Acolarh, they are perfect at countering the DCoT. High attacks of 4-5 don't matter if you roll a single shield, and their own 3 attack is enough to mow down the orcs in retaliation.
Old February 26th, 2011, 01:44 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

Those who seek death
Are those from Thesk
Some call them fools
Others hunters on a goose chase
But in the end the Death Chasers of Thesk
Shall find their goal;
Not glory or gold
But the quiet and peace
Which we humans fear
Which is death

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old February 26th, 2011, 01:49 PM

Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker

Poems he makes
Unlike I
For I can not
for the life of me rhyme.

~Orcs Blade, un-rhyming-ly

Orcs Blade is Evar Scarcarver...
in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old February 26th, 2011, 02:31 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Unless I'm missing something, the only hero that could "clear them out" would be Me-Burq-Sa, and that's only one attack per turn. The Ashra don't even need Acolarh, they are perfect at countering the DCoT. High attacks of 4-5 don't matter if you roll a single shield, and their own 3 attack is enough to mow down the orcs in retaliation.
Nevermind about the DCoT's hero, I forgot that the Warhulk doesn't negate the Ashra's power. And that also makes Acorlah more useless

My bad.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; February 26th, 2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Thought that the Warhulk's hurricane was a special attack...
Old March 2nd, 2011, 10:02 PM

ironmyron is surprisingly tart

So I am thinking about thes army, DCoT MBS AND silver surfer. DToC rush in and kill like the shock troops they are, then SS comes in and crushes all that are left. Ideas on how to make this better?

ironmyron is Jeb the Knight of Weston who has a slight herb problem...
in the
Garden of Horror....
Old March 2nd, 2011, 10:19 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmyron View Post
So I am thinking about thes army, DCoT MBS AND silver surfer. DToC rush in and kill like the shock troops they are, then SS comes in and crushes all that are left. Ideas on how to make this better?
How many Deathchasers are you thinking of using? 3 or 4 squads is probably best.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:03 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I wouldn't use fewer than 3x Death Chasers and not lightly fewer than 4x. The more Death Chasers you have, the more powerful Battle Rush is.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 3rd, 2011, 12:38 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I've been playing a lot with the Death Chasers for the last few months, and three squads works. Four squads works too, of course. Part of it depends on what you bond with and how you use them. Two squads is too few, but three or four are real options for good armies. (One could say "Two (or three or four) squads are too few..." but I am considering the predicate as a singular, so say "is.")

[I'm betting only 1Mmirg will understand what I just said.]
Old March 3rd, 2011, 02:45 AM

ironmyron is surprisingly tart

Sorry I thought had said how many. x3 I liked the points 535.

ironmyron is Jeb the Knight of Weston who has a slight herb problem...
in the
Garden of Horror....
Old March 3rd, 2011, 04:01 AM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart

Silver surfer
DCoT x 3
Nerak
_________
535/12

That army definitely has potential, rats, 10th and 4th are some of the biggest problems for the DCoT and Surfer takes of that, almost like a sniper behind that quick moving orc screen. The orc battle rush combined with Surfers high speed almost guarantees board control.

I recently just played in local tournament with
DCoT x 3
Nerak
Me-burq-sa
Marro warriors

In all but one game(tournament and play testing) I never even used the marro warriors as the DCoT with their bonding buddies was able to overwelm the opposition quickly. A very fun and fast paced army to play, Surfer would just take it to another level.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units