Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 9th, 2018, 03:15 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Nico Minoru (Design Phase)

I think you can pretty easily tack Curse of One on the end of Staff of One. I mean it's effect literally comes from the staff. But this design looks great!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old January 9th, 2018, 06:23 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I like her, she looks like fun, but I question whether as the leader she does enough to make the Runaways competitive. I mean, sure, movement bonding's nice, but the Runaways are a low-power faction anyway, and I fear that without anything in the order of full turn bonding they'll never get much use because they'll just be ripped apart by anything half-decent that looks at them funny.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 9th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I like her, she looks like fun, but I question whether as the leader she does enough to make the Runaways competitive. I mean, sure, movement bonding's nice, but the Runaways are a low-power faction anyway, and I fear that without anything in the order of full turn bonding they'll never get much use because they'll just be ripped apart by anything half-decent that looks at them funny.
In a sense, that's kind of what I'm going for. The Runaways have some heavy hitters (Molly's 7 Attack, Nico's 6 Attack, Old Lace's two attacks of 5), but they all have limited uses or built-in weaknesses. They need to move in, hit hard, and break the opponent first.

Karolina and Chase are safety valves just in case they don't succeed immediately, but you shouldn't have to bend them far before they break. They're a bunch of teenagers - the only time they should take on the Avengers head-to-head is when they keep them on their toes.

That being said, if movement bonding isn't enough to make that strategy work for our testers, I'm more than happy to tweak things.

As far as future designs go, I see Alex Wilder offering OM flexibility, with Victor as crowd control and Xavin as an alternate to Molly as a beatstick.
Old January 9th, 2018, 12:23 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I think Xavin and Victor can definitely add some beat to the Runaways stick. For those who don't know, they are teen versions of Ultron and Super-Skrull.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old January 9th, 2018, 03:09 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

A thought, Curse of One probably should be worded more like 'Nico cannot cast a Spell that shares a name with a Spell she has cast this game' or something like that. The current wording feels a little off to me, as it is trying to treat separate cards as the same card. Like if someone had a power that said 'Joe cannot attack the same figure more than once' you wouldn't take it to mean that after attacking one Street Thug he couldn't attack any Street Thugs for the rest of the game.

Either way, it seems like the 'common' bit should be removed. On the off chance there is ever someone that lets you get back Unique Spells, I don't see why Nico should get to cast Enchant or whatever twice.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 9th, 2018, 03:57 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
A thought, Curse of One probably should be worded more like 'Nico cannot cast a Spell that shares a name with a Spell she has cast this game' or something like that. The current wording feels a little off to me, as it is trying to treat separate cards as the same card. Like if someone had a power that said 'Joe cannot attack the same figure more than once' you wouldn't take it to mean that after attacking one Street Thug he couldn't attack any Street Thugs for the rest of the game.

Either way, it seems like the 'common' bit should be removed. On the off chance there is ever someone that lets you get back Unique Spells, I don't see why Nico should get to cast Enchant or whatever twice.
I wouldn't consider that necessarily an off chance, personally, so good catch.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 9th, 2018, 04:23 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah I didn't follow until the end when you mentioned a different character with a different power that could retrieve spent unique spells. That certainly is a possibility and would allow her to cast the same spell twice as is.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 06:18 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Nico Minoru

Army Test
Map: Ravaged Ruins (Custom Map)
Units: Nico Minoru @180, Molly Hayes, Karolina Dean (490 Points) vs. Luke Cage, Jewel, Ken (490 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Nico Minoru @180, Chase Stein, Karolina Dean, Gert Yorkes, Old Lace (610 Points) vs. Nightwing, Cyborg, Starfire (610 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Nico Minoru @190, Molly Hayes, Chase Stein, Old Lace (670 Points) vs. Black Canary, Batgirl: Barbara Gordon, Batgirl: Stephanie Brown, Batgirl: Cassandra Cain, Robin: Dick Grayson (680 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Nico Minoru @190, Molly Hayes, Chase Stein, Karolina Dean, Gert Yorkes, Old Lace (800 Points) vs. Cyclops, Phoenix, Jubilee, Beast, Iceman (800 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: She's the centerpiece to a Runaway army and she does a good job. I think so far they've done very well, and I'm slightly concerned about it (3 wins vs. 1 loss, though one of those wins was due to a misplay on the Teen Titans' part), but not enough to mess with her points too much. I'll push her forward at 190 and see how other testers react.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I didn't use any spells, so we'll put that aside for now. The other three powers were all useful. Magical Defense is SUCH a big help for the centerpiece of an army, letting her survive some hits and generally last until the endgame, where she can tie down units if necessary. Her Magic Markers were only used for offense here, which I'm not entirely happy about, but I'm not sure if that's a fundamental problem or just with the games/my playing of them.

Of course, "TRY NOT TO DIE" was the big question, and I'm extremely happy with it. Not underwhelming at all. The Runaways are all about positioning - Lina's aura, Chase as a defender, Molly and Old Lace on the front lines. Having the ability to just fix everything once a round is a godsend. If we're looking at cuts, limiting it to just the X Marker once per round might be smart, but we'll see if that's necessary. All told, I love Nico and I love the Runaways, and they play just how I'd wanted them to.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 06:23 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

So I've updated the second post with her as-is (Staff of One and Curse of One folded into one power, updated with Soundwarp's wording, though that's still open for tweaks if people have another idea; cost at 190). I'm comfortable moving forward with her. If we want to tweak her down in power after some tests, my ideas would be to A) drop the first part of TRY NOT TO DIE, B) lower the number of markers, and C) drop Flying. In that order.

Oh, and I'm open to suggestions on new names for Magic Markers. "Black Magic Marker" definitely has certain connotations.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 06:29 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
So I've updated the second post with her as-is (Staff of One and Curse of One folded into one power, updated with Soundwarp's wording, though that's still open for tweaks if people have another idea; cost at 190). I'm comfortable moving forward with her. If we want to tweak her down in power after some tests, my ideas would be to A) drop the first part of TRY NOT TO DIE, B) lower the number of markers, and C) drop Flying. In that order.

Oh, and I'm open to suggestions on new names for Magic Markers. "Black Magic Marker" definitely has certain connotations.
Sorcery Marker? Witchcraft Marker?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 3rd, 2018, 06:23 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Looks like you forgot to call for the vote to go to initial, but I don't think anyone had big issues with the design.

I think bumping Attack by X is going to be a lot more of a draw in most situations than increasing any other stat by the same amount. If you're okay with that, it looks like they're in alright shape.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 07:14 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

That's what I like about 'Mana' Marker, it's the easiest to reuse if needed. Plus Mana is the default name for 'spell energy' type systems in most video games so it's easy for people to figure out.

No major competitive concerns from me. Nico does some interesting things, but nothing too crazy and her faction overall isn't strong enough where she'd be the straw that broke the camel's back.

I do think that the Magic Markers are basically just going to be '+4 Attack Markers' 90% of the time right now. The Move and Defense might get used maybe once a game, but I can't imagine you'd ever bother with the range. Not sure how much of issue that is for you, though it does seem like a bit of a waste to me right now. If she ends up feeling a bit weak/playing in an undesirable way, I'd consider changing it from a flat once per turn to some sort of 'you may only add 4 to the same stat once per turn' or something like that. The move and range boosts become a lot more interesting and usable when you can stack them with the attack boost and basically let her go nova twice a game. It might end up making her need a price bump, but I think that's fine if it means all her options actually become useful.

I would worry about her just being a cheap way to access spells, but Raven completely eclipses her there at the moment. That might start being a concern if she gets any kind of significant price drop though.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library