Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 1st, 2015, 07:27 AM

fcate Woo who?
How do I get into this game?

I have a Master set (the started set) that I got many years ago and I had a few expansions. I'm interested in how I go about getting into the heroscape scene. Everything on ebay is ridiculously expensive and I'm not sure if this game is just going to be a really expensive game. I'm not looking to play super competitively, maybe just at some local events, but I do want to expand my collection so I can have more diverse sessions when I play with friends.
Old January 1st, 2015, 10:30 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: How do I get into this game?

Welcome to the site!

Official Heroscape product is admittedly pretty expensive on ebay, but can still be found for reasonable prices with a little patience and luck. You can also check out the Sales and Trades section of this site to deal with fellow fans. @Ztimster in particular is pretty much a one-man Heroscape shop.

More affordable additions to the game can also be found if you have any interest in custom units. C3V is a group of fans dedicated to continuing the expansion of the game since it was cancelled; we always consider affordability when choosing units to release. Check my sig for more info on that.
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:22 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Welcome!

I can reasonably echo Sherman's statements - I would also like to recommend C3G, who are a group like C3V with a large range of comic book superhero type characters. Even if you aren't into superheroes, the quality of the work is astounding and I recommend you give it a go - hell, I wasn't into superheroes until I got into C3G!

Oh, and Happy New Year!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:53 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

The trade section, C3V, and C3G are all good places to look, as those guys say. Another (cheaper! ) option is online play; if you're interested, you could request a first match here or jump in and join the next tournament here.

Old January 1st, 2015, 12:07 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
The trade section, C3V, and C3G are all good places to look, as those guys say. Another (cheaper! ) option is online play; if you're interested, you could request a first match here or jump in and join the next tournament here.

Playing online is super fun! I recommend at least looking into it. The friends who I play with don't have the greatest selection of figures to play with, so getting into online 'scape is an excellent way to play with figures I don't have access to hete in the real world.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old January 1st, 2015, 12:42 PM

fireaspect Woo who?

If you think its a game you will like and play for a long time then look on Ebay for low prices because this game is pretty pricey but with patience you will find good prices for master sets and expansions.
Old January 1st, 2015, 12:55 PM

fireaspect Woo who?

Ebay mostly has the best prices but if you look around you can find some other good prices.
And a diverse collection is a good idea even if its just for playing around your house or with friends.

~Fireaspect
Old January 1st, 2015, 02:28 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've found Heroscape players really love to have people to play with/against. Look for some players in your area either for casual or tournament play and ask if you can borrow an army for the day.
Old January 1st, 2015, 02:42 PM

Murko knows what's in an order marker Murko knows what's in an order marker

With some patience, and if you are willing to compromise, eBay figure lots sometimes have heaps of figures without the army cards. (Which you can print out from this site)
Old January 1st, 2015, 03:51 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Also, explore brick&mortar stores. I have found most of my stuff in "used games" racks for obscenely-low prices.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old January 1st, 2015, 05:53 PM

raXas1516 is surprisingly tart

I would suggest keeping an eye on Craigslist, you'll often find great deals from people trying to get rid of their collections.
Old January 2nd, 2015, 10:41 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
Also, explore brick&mortar stores. I have found most of my stuff in "used games" racks for obscenely-low prices.
Just curious, what brick/mortar stores have you visited? I can't seem to find jack didley here in Florida.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion