Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 10th, 2022, 10:47 PM

Tauros105 knows what's in an order marker Tauros105 knows what's in an order marker Tauros105 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Old August 10th, 2022, 10:55 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scape From NY View Post
Also, loving the ungoverned pirate faction in the works. Also, does this mean pirate dragon confirmed? lol
hah hah no

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; August 10th, 2022 at 10:56 PM. Reason: the hats were all too small
Old August 10th, 2022, 11:03 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Also, loving the ungoverned pirate faction in the works. Also, does this mean pirate dragon confirmed? lol
hah hah no
I know you probably have to be tight lipped about details DS, but will there be additional game mechanics added to the overall feel of the game? In other words, will the game flow the same as before. Example: Initiative, order markers, alternating turns, rinse repeat. Or is there more? I don't think its too much to say if its more the same, or has a something new. I'm personally hoping for something new. I'm not really asking what the new might be, just if there is a new or not.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 10th, 2022, 11:06 PM

Scape From NY Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
hah hah no
Maybe something to keep in mind for the future then! hahaha I can see it now a massive swashbuckling dragon in a tri-quarter hat dual wielding blunderbusses!
Old August 10th, 2022, 11:16 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Quote:
hah hah no
I know you probably have to be tight lipped about details DS, but will there be additional game mechanics added to the overall feel of the game? In other words, will the game flow the same as before. Example: Initiative, order markers, alternating turns, rinse repeat. Or is there more? I don't think its too much to say if its more the same, or has a something new. I'm personally hoping for something new. I'm not really asking what the new might be, just if there is a new or not.
This is an important question. Sir H. asked a similar one when he interviewed me, and I'm happy for the opportunity to repeat my answer.

Expect the new rulebook to be in the tradition of previous post-RotV rulebooks. "Here are the rules, they are the same rules you already knew, also here is some thing or couple of things to supplement them." That's important, as I see it. Things like turn structure will be unchanged. It will be the game you all know.

= =
Old August 10th, 2022, 11:18 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
hah hah no
Maybe something to keep in mind for the future then! hahaha I can see it now a massive swashbuckling dragon in a tri-quarter hat dual wielding blunderbusses!
He's seen the prototypes!!!

= =
Old August 10th, 2022, 11:20 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

As countless others have said, I am stoked this is actually happening. I started collecting the game in 2010 or so, and have been bummed over the years that I missed all of the speculation and build up of new units being released, and so I am incredibly excited that I get to be in on it, this go around.

Two things I am really hoping happens (eventually):

1. An attempt to make lesser utilized units (ie Roman archers, Grok riders, etc) more viable via new bonding heroes or some other means.

2. Inclusion of units that were mentioned in the lore, but were never released, such as Tyrian, Cyprien's Skeleton Cavalry, or the Aquilla dragon.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old August 11th, 2022, 01:18 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauros105 View Post

I think this means that they are finished with what is going to be in the new sets. I think they are just saying that at the time that concept art was made, they may not have been sure.
I think they've decided what the figures will be and what else will be in the set with them. I don't think they have finalized the army cards for those figures yet.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 11th, 2022, 03:59 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
... I can honestly say I think anyone has the ability to paint at a top tier level with just a little practice.
I think it's important for people to understand that it has nothing to do with ability. I have neither the time nor the interest to paint. If I had the interest, I'm sure I'd make the time, and if I had the time, I could probably eventually develop the interest. But, lacking both, I'm just hosed.

Obviously, I can only speak for myself. But I'd be shocked if my difficulties aren't shared with many of the folks on this thread who have also expressed dismay at having unpainted figures.

I hope that all you folks who are irked at the unpainted aspect will keep it respectful and not whine or be accusatory in your comments. I also hope that all you folks who are just fine with the unpainted aspect will be respectful and allow the folks on the other side to vent their frustration, as long as they keep it calm and polite. Remember: those of us who don't paint aren't getting new Heroscape figures, so it's understandable that we're a bit sad. Pointing out that it isn't economically feasible doesn't particularly make us feel better about it. Pointing out that currently available pre-painted miniatures are either blind purchase or have sub-par paint jobs doesn't help either: I'd happily take new Heroscape with sub-par paint jobs over no new Heroscape ... heck, I'd even take blind purchase Heroscape over no new Heroscape. Again, as long as such opinions are expressed calmly and respectfully, I think that letting the folks who create the game know how we feel is only useful data for them.

On the other hand, it seems like there's going to be new terrain coming, and that is plenty exciting. So I don't mean to imply that I'm not happy to see the return of the game. Just that my excitement is tinged with a bit of disappointment. But this is still progress, and unexpected progress at that! I look forward to seeing what's coming next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old August 11th, 2022, 06:04 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
... I can honestly say I think anyone has the ability to paint at a top tier level with just a little practice.
I think it's important for people to understand that it has nothing to do with ability. I have neither the time nor the interest to paint. If I had the interest, I'm sure I'd make the time, and if I had the time, I could probably eventually develop the interest. But, lacking both, I'm just hosed.

Obviously, I can only speak for myself. But I'd be shocked if my difficulties aren't shared with many of the folks on this thread who have also expressed dismay at having unpainted figures.
I am sure plenty of people count themselves in the same group as you, but I know there is also a large group of people who view painting as a hurdle they wouldn't be able to get over. Heck even I'm not jazzed at the idea of needing to paint more things, and I do think HS loses a bit of its charm of being an accessible plug and play war game with it going in this direction.

However I made my post since while its not ideal, unpainted scapes is better than no scapes in my book, and it would be a shame for anyone who really wanted to enjoy it but felt like they couldn't due to painting was unable to.
Old August 11th, 2022, 07:45 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I too am here for the terrain. But for other reasons.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 11th, 2022, 08:44 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post

I hope that all you folks who are irked at the unpainted aspect will keep it respectful and not whine or be accusatory in your comments. I also hope that all you folks who are just fine with the unpainted aspect will be respectful and allow the folks on the other side to vent their frustration, as long as they keep it calm and polite. Remember: those of us who don't paint aren't getting new Heroscape figures, so it's understandable that we're a bit sad. Pointing out that it isn't economically feasible doesn't particularly make us feel better about it. Pointing out that currently available pre-painted miniatures are either blind purchase or have sub-par paint jobs doesn't help either: I'd happily take new Heroscape with sub-par paint jobs over no new Heroscape ... heck, I'd even take blind purchase Heroscape over no new Heroscape. Again, as long as such opinions are expressed calmly and respectfully, I think that letting the folks who create the game know how we feel is only useful data for them.

On the other hand, it seems like there's going to be new terrain coming, and that is plenty exciting. So I don't mean to imply that I'm not happy to see the return of the game. Just that my excitement is tinged with a bit of disappointment. But this is still progress, and unexpected progress at that! I look forward to seeing what's coming next.
Uh, you are getting new Heroscape figures. No one is excluded from purchasing the new figures because they are unpainted.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion