Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old January 29th, 2013, 12:59 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: Cool figures from other games to use in HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurpsgm View Post
Hi... I don't know if this has been talked about before or not since I just barely joined, but as a current "World of Warcraft - The Miniatures Game" user I would think that the Heroscape stuff I have now would be usable.

I also collect D&D minis and the same as above applies I think...

Bruce
Welcome to Heroscapers, gurpsgm...

You are right they do work and the C3V has been looking into WoW minis and D&D minis to keep Scape alive...

Check it out: C3V Miniature Info Thread

Also many Scapers have used WoW minis for thier customs in the past.

Happy hunting!

-ZBeeblebrox

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 17th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
DC Collateral Damage: Black Mask 010, 011 or 012. Makes for one hell of a creepy Vydar agent.
I think I've found a creepier one
http://trollandtoad.com/p153205.html

Last edited by orgsbane; August 30th, 2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old August 30th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Miniature Market Deal of the Day: Confrontation Lions Army Box for $35.
The knights make great proxies for Knights of Weston or your own custom knights. There's also enough for 2 squads each of custom Paladins and Archers. The wall pieces also work great on Scape Hexes. The large figure would probably make a great custom unit, though it looks like it might need some covering for the upper torso to keep it family friendly.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Last edited by mac122; August 30th, 2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old August 30th, 2013, 05:34 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
The large figure would probably make a great custom unit, though it looks like it might need some covering for the upper torso to keep it family friendly.
Yeah, I have that figure. Definitely would need a bra or something added if you wanted to keep it family friendly, Her boobs are totally exposed and her nipples are clearly visible (and actually painted unlike the plant dudes used for in the C3V).

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old September 2nd, 2013, 04:12 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
The large figure would probably make a great custom unit, though it looks like it might need some covering for the upper torso to keep it family friendly.
Yeah, I have that figure. Definitely would need a bra or something added if you wanted to keep it family friendly, Her boobs are totally exposed and her nipples are clearly visible (and actually painted unlike the plant dudes used for in the C3V).
See, everyone's so worried about her breasts. I'm still trying to work out how to mount her on a double base so she doesn't fall over ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 2nd, 2013, 11:40 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
See, everyone's so worried about her breasts. I'm still trying to work out how to mount her on a double base so she doesn't fall over ...
I think it comes down to whether the two hind feet are close enough together to get put side-by-side on the same end of a wide peanut base. If so, then the other end of the peanut can spread out underneath her and she should balance quite well. Just eyeballing it, I assume it would work out.

The policy in our house is that nudity is OK as long as it's not overtly sexualized, but yeah, C3V would probably be a little reluctant to use that unit without some modification.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 01:06 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What an odd world we live in that people don't mind their kids playing a game in which the sole objective is killing, yet we fear they'll be traumatized by a tiny, plastic representation of a part of the human body.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 01:27 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
What an odd world we live in that people don't mind their kids playing a game in which the sole objective is killing, yet we fear they'll be traumatized by a tiny, plastic representation of a part of the human body.
I feel like it mostly has to do with religion. If it doesn't... Yeah. Your right
Old September 2nd, 2013, 01:43 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

It's more than just religion. We live in an over-sexualized world. Kids are exposed to enough sexual imagery in their everyday lives without having my 9-yr old son using a naked female torso as a game piece. As long as I'm doing my job as a parent, my son will easily be able to tell the difference between the "violence" on the game board and real-life violence. This is what works for me. I'm not telling anyone else how to live their lives or raise their kids.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old September 2nd, 2013, 08:15 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
As long as I'm doing my job as a parent, my son will easily be able to tell the difference between the "violence" on the game board and real-life violence.
Agree 100%.What I don't get is why so many people feel we can't teach kids to make the same distinction with the human body. Not all representations are automatically sexual: classic art, representations of mythological creatures, etc... We Americans are odd folk sometimes.
Old September 6th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I think it comes down to whether the two hind feet are close enough together to get put side-by-side on the same end of a wide peanut base. If so, then the other end of the peanut can spread out underneath her and she should balance quite well. Just eyeballing it, I assume it would work out.
Oh, I think the balance will work, and her feet are plenty close together. I'm just wondering if I should cut the posts off her feet and try gluing her down, or if I should try to make holes in the base for her posts. The one requires a real Heroscape base, as making holes in one of Yodajunkie's resin bases is too difficult, plus it'll be horrifically tricky to get perfectly lined up, there'll be sticker issues, etc. The other is much easier, but if it doesn't work, I'm just boned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
... but yeah, C3V would probably be a little reluctant to use that unit without some modification.
Oh, I know she'll never be an official C3V figure. But she's just so awesome I feel like I have to use her for something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
Preach on, brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 6th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
It's more than just religion. We live in an over-sexualized world. Kids are exposed to enough sexual imagery in their everyday lives without having my 9-yr old son using a naked female torso as a game piece. As long as I'm doing my job as a parent, my son will easily be able to tell the difference between the "violence" on the game board and real-life violence. This is what works for me. I'm not telling anyone else how to live their lives or raise their kids.
Try raising a daughter and teach her to respect the way she looks and to make sure that boys treat her as a human being rather than an object, when all society wants to do is bombard her with the opposite message. It's a tough battle. I have a son as well and I go to extreme lengths to make sure that he understands this as well, even if 98% of his guy friends at school seem to think otherwise.

And I agree with you 100% about violence in games. My kids know the difference between real world and pretend. They definitely understand that, unlike video games, there are no extra lives in the real world.

Parenting is such a tough job sometimes isn't it.

Last edited by Grishnakh; September 11th, 2013 at 10:08 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions