Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old February 10th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
New Lizardmen are AWESOME

Yep, their awesome, disscuss.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

Last edited by clancampbell; February 10th, 2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: New Lizardmen are broken!

Bonding with the Dragons does seem really, really strong.

However, I haven't put hours upon hours into testing them, so I won't make that call.

I am, however, very excited about them, and can't wait to get my hands on this pack.
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would go back to the Wave 11 Boosters thread and see what KC posted in reply to your post there. It makes a great deal of sense providing reasons why this is anything but overpowered.

This combo is high-risk, high-return. You are only seeing the high-return part of it.
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:54 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I'll just reiterate that we should definitely not trust the play-testers and go with someone's opinion who hasn't played one game with them.

-insert signature here-
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:55 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I think before you state they are broken, you should playtest them first.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
This ruins everything for me. The game is broken now. I expected this from WOTC. This move to DnD has really p*ssed me off, but this is just horrible.
I knew someone would say this if a strong unit got released.

MS3 got people annoyed that there was no good squads or classic synergy. You definitely can't please everyone all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
You definitely can't please everyone all the time.
Or some people ever...
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I hate to say it, but I'm suspect as well. But then again, if Q9 didn't exist or old raelin, I would likely be calling fowl too (the chicken that is). Range and Rats will still over come the Dragon Lizardmen armies, and they don't specifilly nurf any existing A/B army. If nothing else Cyprien got a good shot in the arm, not to mention Dund is an excellent counter draft who does not fear Braxs. Oh you left that one Lizardman exposed to my parlizing stare? Now you can't do anything this round? Sucks to be you!

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

clancampbell, if this game is so broken, don't play it. You come in here and ruin this glorious day for many of the hard working play testers, and you just spread doom and gloom. Don't like them? Don't buy them. Don't want to play against them? Don't go to tournaments. But please stop ripping up these people who spend their lives trying to make this game great for us, in which I beleive they succeed.

~Grom

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old February 10th, 2010, 01:02 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
This ruins everything for me. The game is broken now. I expected this from WOTC. This move to DnD has really p*ssed me off, but this is just horrible.
I knew someone would say this if a strong unit got released.

MS3 got people annoyed that there was no good squads or classic synergy. You definitely can't please everyone all the time.
Or Clancambell ever...

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 10th, 2010, 01:03 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!

The Lizardmen are pretty strong and given time they may join the ranks of Stingers, Blasts/Glads, and the 4th Mass as far as powerful units.

That being said they still do have their weaknesses. When their Dragon isn't within 2 clear sight spaces they only have 2 attack and 3 defense which really can't cause much damage. If their Dragon comes into range and gives them their attack and defense bonus then the Dragon is likely to be in a spot where you'll be able to hit the hero hard.

The Lizardmen even encourage you to focus your efforts on the Dragon/Lizard King since once their dragon dies they are pretty pathetic.

Sidenote: To me I'll still find it hard to pair Braxas with anything other then Deathreavers. They're cheaper and not completely useless if Braxas dies. I see the Greenscale Warriors as being better with Nilfheim and the absolute nuts with Charos.

SidesideNote: Dragon Wars at Gencon suddenly became very predictable. :P

Grenade lobbyist

Last edited by MattserTruckRally; February 10th, 2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old February 10th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

*chuckle*

I've seen it all now. A three member melee squad with an attack of two and a defense of three is broken at 60 points? Frankly, I think these guys go a long way towards getting folks to use a dragon other than Nilfheim in a competitive army. The "best" choices are probably Braxas and Charos where it essentially gives them the same advantages the Nagrubs give Tor Kul Na. My guess is that this is another 'corrective' power designed to get more heroes into the competitive mix.

Worst case theoretical scenario has to involve Nilfheim since he's the current top dragon.

2xLizzies 120
Nilf 185
+?
3xTSA? Prolly not
AE+Raelin? Mebbe
2x10th+Sonya? That might work.

Charos (or Braxas) has to be a better fit:

Charos (or Braxas) 210
2xLizzie 120
Kaemon Awa 120
Marro Warriors 50

That's a nice army, but does anything I've posted there really scare you at 500?

~Aldin, throwing out the baby with the bath water

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles