Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 16th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
The Book of Sgt. Drake Alexander (SOTM)

The Book of Sgt. Drake Alexander SOTM
Swarm of the Marro - Master Set 2

SGT. DRAKE ALEXANDER (SotM)
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Swarm of the Marro Character Bio: Drake Alexander is often commandeered as one of Jandar’s most skilled and deadliest warriors. Sgt. Alexander was once a soldier in World War II. On Valhalla, his command of Jandar’s Northern Army and his fearless heroics in battle have become legendary.

Now, Drake Alexander has a new mission. He leads a special squad of heroes through the Volcarren Wasteland and into the deadly uncharted swamp. With a new grappling-gun attached to his arm, a gift from Zetacron, Drake Alexander moves through all levels of the Ticalla Jungle like a shadow. The jungle holds a dangerous mystery, and if anyone can bring back information on what that danger might be, it’s the Sergeant and his team of heroes.
(Hasbro)

Rise of the Valkyrie Character Bio: Though he is incredibly agile and strong in hand-to-hand combat, Sergeant Alexander was injured and weaponless after being whisked away to Valhalla by Jandar. Healed by the Valkyrie Kelda, he was then given two powerful weapons by Jandar: The Katana of Thorian, and Bleakwood's Grapple Gun. He learned to use them quickly, for Jandar's forces were already under attack. The Katana, an enchanted sword that channels the powers of the great warrior Thorian, obscures Alexander's image from afar, making him almost impossible to strike. With his magical sword, his laser-guided Grapple Gun and his steely will to conquer evil Sgt. Alexander has become one of Jandar's best soldiers.
(Hasbro)

Sgt. Drake Alexander can be hit by any ranged special attacks only. He cannot be hit by normal attacks unless
    they are from an engaged opponent. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - MARCUS DECIMUS GALLUS : Soldier Leadership
    As a soldier, Sgt. Drake Alexander may benefit from Marcus Decimus Gallus’ SOLDIER LEADERSHIP movement bonus

- MARCUS DECIMUS GALLUS : Soldier Attack Enhancement
    As a soldier, Sgt. Drake Alexander may benefit from Marcus Decimus Gallus’ SOLDIER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - 4th MASSACHUSETTS LINE : Valiant Army Defense Bonus
    Having a Valiant personality, Sgt. Drake Alexander may aid the 4th Massachusetts Line with their VALIANT ARMY
    DEFENSE BONUS
    *NOTE: See The Book of 4th Massachusetts Line for proper application.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Ranking and Master Index
  • - TBA

Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Last edited by R˙chean; April 11th, 2015 at 03:36 PM. Reason: VC synergy added
Old August 16th, 2007, 02:46 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I find it very interesting and a bit odd that Jandar figures are immune to his special attack. If your opponent drafts this guy, make sure you pick plenty of Jandar troops to counter him. Special attackers like Johnny Shotgun, Nilfheim, etc will tear through his Thorian Speed while remaining immune to his special attack.
Old August 16th, 2007, 02:50 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
I find it very interesting and a bit odd that Jandar figures are immune to his special attack. If your opponent drafts this guy, make sure you pick plenty of Jandar troops to counter him. Special attackers like Johnny Shotgun, Nilfheim, etc will tear through his Thorian Speed while remaining immune to his special attack.
His special attack of 3 doesn't warrant an entire jandar-army counter draft. He's way too expensive for me to use. He's really cool, but he's on par with the marvel heroes: fun, but way too expensive to ever be used in a heroscape game. Can't attack enough times and has no bonding.

Has anyone read the rulebook about using both Drakes or both raelins? I won't allow the both of them to be in an army, but still, an official ruling would be nice
Old August 16th, 2007, 03:51 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Just to clear it up for now:

Grapple Arm
Instead of Sgt. Drake's normal movement he may use his Grapple Arm. Grapple Arm has a move of 4. When counting spaces for Grapple Arm ignore elevation(lot like flying). Skip. Drake may not grapple more than 45 levels up or down in a single grapple move. If engaged when he starts moving he will take all leaving engagement attacks.

Pistol Fire Special Attack
Range: 5 Attack: 3
Drake may not attack a figure who followers Jandar.

Hope this clears some up. By the way Drake is awesome!!!!

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old August 16th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker
I know for a fact that my dad is going to be very very very excited about the new Drake,

He is a retired Air Force Combat Controller and his favorite hero was always Sgt. Drake, and now that they have turned drake into a powerhouse I'm going to end up having to fight him even more.
Plus if my dad uses Marcus, like he usually does, I'll have a very fast and very high attack Soldier to deal with only using my special attacks

But I like all of the heroes in the SOTM, cant wait to get it.

Nowif I can only get my hands on that Aquilla's Alliance set...

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old August 16th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Most-CoNvincing Visionary

ProfessorDocker Woo who?
Thorian Speed and a ranged attack? Sounds dangerous.

!Docker

ProfessorDocker is telling a story...
in the ALIZARIN CAVE...
Old August 16th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
So, what do you all think about the fact Marcus + New Drake gives him 7 move? That's on par with the Venocs! He'll be a speeding bullet.

No Solider jokes, please.
Old August 16th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Web Wader

I think Pistol Fire is really a kick in the pants for players who draft any figure who can mind-shackle or Soul Devour.

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old August 16th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Web Wader

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Templar
I think Pistol Fire is really a kick in the pants for players who draft any figure who can mind-shackle or Soul Devour.
Um, why?
It can't affect Jandar figures. When a playing themed army you would eliminate Drake's ranged attacks

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old August 16th, 2007, 06:49 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Super Atheist
How did the picture get all blurry? the spiders are all blurry, now the new drake? i mean i can read it, but how did it get all blurry?
If you move back from the computer screen the words ebcome more legible.
I'm glad to see he has an extra defense but his special attack may be slightly problematic, even if someone plays an Utgar vs Jandar game. If you fight against Utgar with Drake any of jandars figures who get mindshackled or soul devoured will prove a challenge....until they face Drake face-to-face of course! (6 ATTACK!)
Old August 16th, 2007, 07:39 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Um, why?
It can't affect Jandar figures. When a playing themed army you would eliminate Drake's ranged attacks
I see what you're getting at. Of course if I mindshackled Drake I'd just rush him in and butcher the opponents with my sword.
Old August 16th, 2007, 07:46 PM

UtgarsWorstFear is surprisingly tart
i dont see his pistol as being anything more than a cool bonus anyway so i dont think it matters that its Jandar only figures. i will probably only use it if he cant get adjacent to the opponent that turn. plus drake is way to cool to just run around cappin his brothas. lol

C3G is why I play heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units