Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Closed Thread

Old January 22nd, 2010, 12:46 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Ask the Design Team thread.

Pelloth is male, is he not?
Old January 22nd, 2010, 01:04 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Q: Pelloth is a servant of the deity Loth. Is it a strech to say that Pelloth's name is a play on words "Pay Loth"?

HeShe certainly makes drow pay their due.
Fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Pelloth is male, is he not?
That "she" isn't in reference to Lolth?

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 01:08 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not the way I read it.

I feel like I'm cluttering, so I'll ask a question.

Q: When playing through the scenarios in MS3, I find myself frustrated when the Heroes lose, and have to restart a room. The Prequel Scenario provided on the site gave sort of "alternate" paths based on whether the heroes one or were defeated. Do you see this as something that may become used more frequently, or was it an one shot deal?
Old January 22nd, 2010, 01:09 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Not the way I read it.
*facepalm* Coffee just kicked in, you're completely right . . . .

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:59 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Not the way I read it.

I feel like I'm cluttering, so I'll ask a question.

Q: When playing through the scenarios in MS3, I find myself frustrated when the Heroes lose, and have to restart a room. The Prequel Scenario provided on the site gave sort of "alternate" paths based on whether the heroes one or were defeated. Do you see this as something that may become used more frequently, or was it an one shot deal?
The next scenarios will have a new mechanism that makes the adventure flow a little better to keep your adventuring party in it til the end.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 25th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Q: When design figures are being play-tested, are they tested primarily on maps made from the sets the figures are included in, i.e., were the SotM figures tested on terrain maps from that Master Set, the DnD ones from that Master Set, etc.? Or were they tested on more generic maps and terrain?
Old January 25th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

On both, generally. If a figure has a power that only applies on some maps, it makes sense to try them out a bit on that terrain a bit, but I also like to test units on typical maps. [For example, Hot Heights is set up on my table right now. Before that, I had a few dungeon maps set up. Soon, I think I'm going to try concoct a TT + Dungeon map to see how a nice little ice cave looks].

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 25th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Scenario maps are tested according to the build instructions. So far we avoid testing figures on maps/scenarios that are also being tested... Just too many variables.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old January 30th, 2010, 11:02 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

I don't think this was asked previously, so here goes.

Q: What do you guys want to see added to Heroscape? Is there a terrain type or creature type that has a soft place in your heart that you would love to see grace the gameboard?

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless
Old January 30th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therrian View Post

Q: What do you guys want to see added to Heroscape? Is there a terrain type or creature type that has a soft place in your heart that you would love to see grace the gameboard?
I would love to see space marines added. These could be quite something. My mind is filled with design ideas for space marines.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old January 30th, 2010, 11:15 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therrian View Post

I would love to see space marines added. These could be quite something. My mind is filled with design ideas for space marines.
Good answer! I've never thought of that before... Interesting....

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old January 30th, 2010, 11:24 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

Q: When designing a Master Set, how often are ideas discarded entirely and how often do those ideas go towards another release? On average, how many of those ideas actually become part of the game?
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion