Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old July 24th, 2019, 12:55 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: [Pod 1] UNIT NAME (Ob Nixilis, Demon of Spite) - Design

Gift of violence can be simplified to save room on the card by removing "or destroy the defender", as inflicting a wound is clear enough. Im not a big fan of him healing from destroyed figures but if you guys keep it you could simply add the last sentence of incite bloodlust to the previous ability. It could also save room on the card, as the flying ability is pretty lengthy text. Id also change the gift of violence ability name to Bloodlust Aura or something to that effect.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 19th, 2019, 10:57 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Gonna bump this guy. We had a good thing going here.
Old August 21st, 2019, 06:05 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This definitely seems like the trickiest nut to crack of the pod so far. I think there's still plenty of things to iron out, but overall I think Demon/Darklord is a good start here. Hybrid itself is a fairly general term, but through implication it's come to very specifically imply "were-creatures" rather than any species mix. I suppose we could make up another race to represent corrupted kyrie though, like Nephilim or something. But that then begs the question of why that doesn't include Azazel or any of the other evil kyrie.

For our aura/spirit combination, that's a little trickier. Most likely, we'll just have to choose a couple of options and test them out before we can decide if we like them. Right now, I like the "place on any army card, distribute a wound if its controller rolls low when taking a turn" option. That could either be a flat d20 roll or some kind of whiff punish option, or a combination of the two. For the aura, I think an attack boost that works for both allies and enemies is interesting. Since Badru and Acolytes are both melee, it would be hard to deny it to opposing figures, and using it with ranged armies would mean playing outside of your bonding options. Thoughts?
Old August 21st, 2019, 06:14 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
Hybrid itself is a fairly general term, but through implication it's come to very specifically imply "were-creatures" rather than any species mix.
VC in general would disagree with you.
Old August 21st, 2019, 07:02 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Hybrid itself is a fairly general term, but through implication it's come to very specifically imply "were-creatures" rather than any species mix.
Would it? All hybrids I can think of are some kind of animal person. Certainly many aren't wolves, but it's enough of a tie to keep moon frenzy working on them thematically consistent. Whereas moon frenzy working on someone because they're part demon is more of a stretch for me.
Old August 21st, 2019, 07:19 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Would it? All hybrids I can think of are some kind of animal person. Certainly many aren't wolves, but it's enough of a tie to keep moon frenzy working on them thematically consistent. Whereas moon frenzy working on someone because they're part demon is more of a stretch for me.
The only character I can think of offhand who isn’t a were-whatever is Seleena. She looks to be going for the space adventurer angle, though she is a hybrid.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 21st, 2019, 08:55 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Kyrie would be my choice, but if it trips people up Demon is the safer choice. We could have a straw poll about it.
Old August 21st, 2019, 11:14 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
The only character I can think of offhand who isn’t a were-whatever is Seleena. She looks to be going for the space adventurer angle, though she is a hybrid.
Maltis Tez isn't a were-anything either.
Old August 29th, 2019, 12:06 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Demon fits the figure the best for me. With an attack aura that affects both players, what if we make it a temptation aura that gives the player a choice to add an additional attck die and risk a wound with a 20 sided dice roll after attcking with the buff, or attack without a buff and avoid a potential wound.

Long live heroscape
Old September 21st, 2019, 01:24 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Kyrie would be my choice, but if it trips people up Demon is the safer choice. We could have a straw poll about it.
I agree here with Kyrie akin to Taelord and the Minions plus Runa. Valhalla Kyrie are meant to be an allegory of good angels and fallen ones somewhat biblically. I'd say he matches more to C3V Emporer Andask as well. I get that he has a tail though the only demons in the original game are the Mezzodemons, however C3V has the Skull Demons and Morgoloth. None of which have wings, in Heroscape humanoid creatures with wings are Kyrie. Personally I'd think it'd be missing the boat to not have the winged Arena creatures be Kyrie entirely, it's core to what Heroscape is after all.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 21st, 2019, 02:07 PM

Yeah. Having a Kyrie in a master set is just such an integral part of Heroscape I think it’s worth handwaving away a tail as a mutation of Valkrill’s magic.
Old September 21st, 2019, 11:43 PM

Some interesting groundswell behind Kyrie. Though it seems like every time we've nearly decided on a species for this guy, there's heavy support for one of the other options.

Demon seems like it's preferred by some and not a dealbreaker for most. Kyrie seems like it's strongly preferred by a few, and I don't mind it myself. Is Kyrie a dealbreaker for anyone currently?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs