Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 11th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: C3G Member of the week

Lock the doors and close the blinds, because here comes puzzlemonkey!

Q: How large is your Heroscape collection? Which Heroscape item would you most like to add to your collection?

A: Sadly, I've been much more of a collector than a player recently. I'm in the "Dozen-Plus-Master-Set" club for sure, and I think I own at least one of everything from Classic (my Master Woo is a repaint, and my Skahen may be, too), and at least three of all the common squads (except the Templars! Curse them!) I've been picking up C3G stuff like a maniac, and think I have all of the non-huge figs for that.

What I'd most like? I'd love for a Master Mold that I don't have to mod to magically appear on my table. Failing that, I may get one of Auggie's sky mats next.

Q: What appealed to you most about C3G? How long did you lurk before joining in to the conversation?
A: I was always pretty attached to things being "official," but once the D&D stuff came out, I lost a bit of enthusiasm because of the lack of variety. I vanished from 'Scape for a while (the fact that I had a child at the same time had a lot more to do with it than the game itself). I'd been aware of the project, but the fact that it was unofficial and I wasn't sure what kind of range there would be long-term kept me from checking it out. When I came back to Heroscapers early this year, I had a chance to go through a lot of existing C3G stuff and take it all in. The fact that most of my favorites were represented now and that the community was thriving prompted me to dive on in!

Q: Do you print comic or mini cards? Which card would you vote as having the best artwork?
A: Minis. I think Ant-Man has a simple, striking photo, and I like Plastic Man. The Ollie Queen Green Arrow is good because the figure dominates the photo area. I don't like cards where the fig is too small or too low in the photo field!

Q: What was your most memorable battle (no spoilers, please, if it's from a playtest of an unreleased design)?
A: It's gotta be one of a few "last stands with Gorillinators" fights I've ended up in. I loves me my gorillas (and I plan to use them soon in C3G fights, too!) They always overperform for me, and then I lose anyway, because I'm playing Gorillinators.

Q: Which C3G design made you the most excited when you first examined the card?
A: I haven't played him yet, but I'm excited that Black Panther has been released--he's a long-time favorite of mine. In terms of the actual design, I love Captain Marvel--he's extremely powerful, but at the same time, all of his powers are extremely straightforward, which is totally appropriate to the character. Plus, he's also a favorite, a classic.

Q: Do you have a lot of games besides Heroscape? Which is your favorite?
A: I try to restrain myself from buying too many games my wife won't play, or I'd have a ton! My all-time number-one game is Blood Bowl from GW. I've got a number of games I still haven't played, including the Lord of the Rings card game. I'm a sucker for any LOTR property. (Although, strangely, I have no interest in the LOTRScape project...)

Q: What is the most expensive thing you own?
A: My family's house. Not that I actually own that yet. Next to that, probably one of my cameras.

Q: Have you ever competed in anything? If so, how well do you usually do?
A: I compete at a typical number of activities for a normal person: some sports; some video games; once upon a time, for the affection of ladies... Let's just say I've gotten to be a pretty gracious loser, shall we?

Q: If you could have a superpower in real life, what would it be?
A: Well, if I can't cheat and go with, say, the Power Cosmic a la the Silver Surfer, I'd probably go with flight, although on a more pragmatic day, I might choose invulnerability. Then I could just jump out of planes anyway.

Here it is: THE STUPID QUESTION! I'll ask a really stupid question, and you can answer it as seriously or as silly as you wish. Be very afraid! If you'd also like to prepare a C3G 3 Truths and a Lie, feel free to add it!

The Stupid Question: Who let the cows out of the barn? What are we going to do to get them back?

Nothing. If they don't come back to us, they were never ours in the first place.

C3G 3 Truths and a Lie (optional)
1. My handle comes from the name of a South American tree.
2. When I rub it, my left eye squeaks loud enough for other people to hear.
3. I discovered at age thirty that I had a sister I'd never known about. (We do not share Jedi powers.)
4. I was one of the first wave of playtesters on the original Halo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy