View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2020, 09:14 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I like the design. Few thoughts to help refine it:

- remove the "title" to his name...it's clunky
There are several "the Kyrie Warrior"s and "the Viking Champion"s, a "the Darklord", "the Black Dragon" and a "the Glacian Swog Rider" that say 'hi'. There's also a particular reference I'm going for with the name, but I'm open to alternatives. "Necro-mage Elbad" maybe? Though to me that sounds like it elevates him from his half-thrall status a little too much.

Quote:
- Make his class Thrall (a unique hero thrall would be pretty cool imo)
And also quite strong with Nicholas being able to bring back a Ranged figure with 4 Life, as opposed to the melee commons. Plus, he's not quite a mindless thrall like the others, hence the "Necro-Assistant" title.

Quote:
- Enhancement powers are usually adding dice...so probably change the name of the power, but I'd prefer just calling it Thrall Supremacy. That way you avoid other undead interactions for the D20 buff, you still buff the mindless pack AND he can help the Bloodburst and other Thralls that may end up using D20 powers. Thrall Supremacy would be simple and thematic for a Unique Thrall hero.
In addition to the previously-mentioned Khosumet, there's also Valguard who enhances without adding dice. Now that I think about it, though, I may have called it Mindless Pack Command at some point (though I've lost previous iterations of the card). Does that hit better? Reinforces his role "above" the other Thralls again, as well.

Quote:
- The second power is pretty cool, though I think you could just as easily have the power change his class rather than all the extra wording
EQUAL STATUS
If you control a Unique Army Card with the class of Lord or Duke, for this game Elbad's class is Duke, regardless of what is listed on the card.
That way the mechanics are the same but the theme is more rich, i.e. Elbad was a servant thrall, but considered an Equal to Nicholas. He's the foremost of all the Thralls AND his powers indicate that.
Except that only works with the Skeletons, and not the Thralls or Rechets, so no go there. Also, he may be above the other Thralls, but not that far above, and additionally I doubt the Esenweins would take kindly to a servant being considered "equal" to them.

Quote:
I really like it and I think doing Thrall Supremacy + Equal Status would still achieve what you're going for but in a more refined and restrained way (not auto activating +1 thrall but just buffing the roll). Supremacy is also pretty cool because like I said it allows him to buff the bloodburst and future thralls.
I'm glad you found the idea likable and appreciate the suggestions. I don't think they quite line up with what the figure is trying to do for the most part, though. "Thrall Supremacy" is certainly better than "Undead Supremacy", but I was trying to be a little more creative than the rehashed d20 buff.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13