Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 7th, 2007, 11:15 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Thorgrim the Viking Champion

The Book of Thorgrim the Viking Champion
Rise of the Valkyrie - Master Set

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio” Not so aggressive as his brother Finn, Thorgrim is more thoughtful, almost a poet-warrior. He has a keen eye for an opponent's weaknesses and a penchant for perfectionism, always adjusting his warband, closing gaps, realigning his forces. Thorgrim's loyal followers have come to trust his instincts as a natural tactician. Like his brother Finn, Thorgrim received an enchanted weapon
from his benefactor, Jandar: the Shield of Gerda. With this shield, Thorgrim is able to project a force field that protects both himself and all who battle beside him.
(Hasbro)

For Warrior’s Armor Spirit 1, it just says “place this figure on any unique Army Card”. Can I place Thorgrim on any unique Army Card in the game (including my opponent’s), on any friendly card, or only my own unique Army Card?
    You may place Thorgrim on any unique Army Card that is in play. It can be a friendly Army Card, or an opponent’s Army Card. (Hasbro FAQ)

- WARRIOR’S ARMOR SPIRIT 1 : Optional Ability
    Do you have to place Thorgrim on a Unique Army Card once he is destroyed, or is Warrior’s Armor Spirit 1 an optional ability?
    It is an optional ability. You are not forced to help your opponent’s figures. ANSWER (Hasbro FAQ)

- DEFENSIVE AURA 1 : Friendly Figures
    What figures are considered friendly?
    Per the Master Set rules (page 9) friendly figures are your own figures and teammate’s figures. All figures you control are always considered friendly. Whenever you are allied with a teammate at the beginning of a scenario, any figures you both control are considered friendly. A temporary alliance between opponents during a battle doesn’t change anything. Remember, alliances can always change (unless stated at the beginning of a scenario), so even when you have a temporary truce with an opponent, that opponent’s figure is never considered friendly. (Hasbro FAQ)

- WARRIOR'S ARMOR SPIRIT 1 : Placing Destroyed Thorgrim on Cards Whose Units ARE NOT on the Board
    Can I place Thorgrim's "Warrior's Armor Spirit 1" on the Airborne Elite Army Card even though the Airborne Elite have not yet Dropped?
    Yes, you can place it on any unique army card, yours or your opponents, on the battlefield, or not. This includes the Airborne Elite before they drop as well as the Retchets. HOWEVER. You do not get to use any of the special powers on that Army Card if the order marker is turned over and they are not on the board. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - KNIGHTS OF WESTON / MAC DIRK WARRIORS : Human Champion Bonding
    As a Human Champion, Thorgrim the Viking Champion may benefit from Knights of Weston and Mac Dirk Warriors HUMAN
    CHAMPION BONDING activation bonus

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - DEFENSIVE AURA 1 : Adjacent Friendly Figures[list:790c55f747]* DEFENSIVE AURA 1 benefits all friendly units adjacent to Thorgrim the Viking Champion

- WARRIOR’S ARMOR SPIRIT 1 : Any Unique Army Card
  • * WARRIOR’S ARMOR SPIRIT 1 may benefit any unique army card still in play.

- 4th MASSACHUSETTS LINE : Valiant Army Defense Bonus
Having a Valiant personality, Thorgrim the Viking Champion may aid the 4th Massachusetts Line with their VALIANT ARMY DEFENSE BONUS
*NOTE: See The Book of 4th Massachusetts Line for proper application.

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Power Ranking
Thorgrim the Viking Champion- With Gilbert out now, Thorgrim has trouble seeing the light of day. C+

Thorgrim
Vs Finn/Eldgrim http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=9319
Unit Strategy Review

Last edited by R˙chean; April 11th, 2015 at 03:33 PM. Reason: VC synergy added
Old May 9th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
I like to use Thorgrim with Brunak. I just charge Brunak into the front lines blood hungrying away carrying thorgrim with him everywhere he goes. With 8 def (9 with height) he can usually wipe out any squads without getting any wounds.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old June 9th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
I think Thorgrim is great in a samurai army. Samurai are unique for the armor spirit and are great for defensive walls that can be made with Thorgrim's defense aura 1.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 09:15 AM

WarpedPoodle Woo who?
WARRIOR’S ARMOR SPIRIT 1 - Death of helped unit?

Hello fellow scapers.

I apologise in advance if this question has been answered before but I looked around and could not find it.

If Thorgrim's Warrior's Armor Spirit is on an army card and that hero gets destroyed can Thorgrim's Warrior's Armor Spirit move to another unique army card or is the spirit lost too?

Thanks for the Books of Heroscape - they are a great help!
Old August 23rd, 2007, 09:19 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: WARRIOR’S ARMOR SPIRIT 1 - Death of helped unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpedPoodle
Hello fellow scapers.

I apologise in advance if this question has been answered before but I looked around and could not find it.

If Thorgrim's Warrior's Armor Spirit is on an army card and that hero gets destroyed can Thorgrim's Warrior's Armor Spirit move to another unique army card or is the spirit lost too?

Thanks for the Books of Heroscape - they are a great help!
The Warrior's Armor Spirit (and other similar effects) does not transfer once the initial recipient dies.
Old November 10th, 2007, 09:46 AM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'm thinking of using him with the mackdirks.
Old November 1st, 2008, 07:23 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Thorgrim the Viking Champion

Decided to pull this up from page 38, the book that was not posted in for such a long time. There are more down there.

Thorgrim is pretty nice, and I have learned from a game against MI Tiger that you better not leave any good uniques on the field when he is killed.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." ~Albert Einstein

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old November 2nd, 2008, 06:34 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I've been playing him in my 550 point junk army:

Airborne Elite
Krav Maga Agents
Marro Warriors
Tarn Vikings
Thorgrim
Finn
Eldgrim
Me-Burk-Sa

There's almost always a unique army card to put Thorgrim, Finn, and Eldgrim on, making a mega unit. Wait until you see the KMAs boosted with another movement, defense, and attack!
Old November 3rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Rev, I've always liked the original Super Viking Bros. as well as having a couple good options to place their spirits on after they've bitten the dust.

At 500 points, I like the looks of something like this:

100 Krav Maga Agents
080 Finn
080 Thorgrim
140 Knights of Weston x2
070 Zettian Guards
030 Eldgrim

Krav provide your initial ranged cover. If they're still alive later, put the Spirits on them If not, your 5/7/3/8 Soulborgs make a sick cleanup crew. There are plenty of other ranged options for the last 170 points (after Knights/Viking Bros.), including another favorite option: Nakita Agents/Marro Warriors. Play it the same way: Nakitas for initial cover, Marro for great cleanup (four 7/6/3/4s).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 3rd, 2008, 04:25 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I suppose it's a good time to ponder two questions:

1) What have I learned about the game since the last time I used Thorgrim?

2) What new units have I acquired since the last time I used Thorgrim?

It makes for a fascinating bit of ponder.

Three things stand out for #1:
-I have learned that life/endurance is king.
-I have learned that the KoW are competitive.
-I have learned that there is a major boost in survivability from three to four defense.

For #2 I recognize that there are several high life, three defense heroes that have been taken out of their packaging since then. A few examples include Braxas, Sonlen, Sir Dupuis and Laglor.

Any of those four benefit greatly from Thorgrim's defense and are at least moderately good additions to KoW armies (which is how units like Krug got excluded). Sonlen and Sir Dupuis deserve special mention I think.

Already an excellent unit for range support and difficult to kill due to his healing abilities, Sonlen slides very easily into an army with 2xKoW and Thorgrim. A defense of four puts him in the same toughness range as Zelrig and Nilfheim, but with a roll for healing every turn. In fact, I think this army is tourney ready:

Sonlen 160
Kaemon Awa 120
Thorgrim 80
2xKoW 140

Sir Dupuis is just a bit of a paper tiger - not much, but that three defense makes it difficult for him to survive in the heat of battle. Since he is optomized when used in conjunction with the KoW, Thorgrim is a natural fit to bring him to his full potential. I'd be interested in seeing how he performed in this build:

Sir Dupuis 150
Thorgrim 80
Eldgrim 30
KMA 100
2xKoW 140

~Aldin, who prefers the Titans to the Vikings but that's a different story

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 3rd, 2008, 06:23 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Play it the same way: Nakitas for initial cover, Marro for great cleanup (four 7/6/3/4s).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
-I have learned that there is a major boost in survivability from three to four defense.
Adding these two thoughts together with my NHSD tournament experience, I went against Mouser who did just this (minus Eldgrim). He was able to destroy Raelin RotV and got three hits on Major Q10 before I finally was able to finish the last Marro Warrior. Even with Q10's Wrist Rocket, the 4 defense (plus one for tree cover) made them extremely tough to defeat, and just when I thought I had finished them about 4 times he would respawn them in the swamp water!

Thorgrim's Spirit on the Marro Warriors is a great strategic choice.
~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:21 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post

Sir Dupuis 150
Thorgrim 80
Eldgrim 30
KMA 100
2xKoW 140

~Aldin, who prefers the Titans to the Vikings but that's a different story
I'd love to give that army a try. But I may grab Guilty instead of Eldgrim.
Even without the convenience of bonding, I feel I do better with the Lawman.

On that same Viking spirit note - I wish Guerillinator would get on these forums more often! He's been doing some wonderful, potent things with Thorgrim's brother. For instance, he sends out two sets of KoWs with Finn and keeps Realin back with Q10 and Zetacron. Once Finn goes down, Zeta gets that boost. It's ouch.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units