Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 2nd, 2011, 09:53 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Hasbro Toy Movies

So in addition to more Transformer and G.I. Joe movies in the works, Hasbro is more than toying with the idea of a lot more movies based on its toys and games. I doubt Heroscape is anytime soon, but here is a short list of upcoming films:

Battleship starring Liam Neeson (Mix of regular and Battleship Galaxies

Monopoly - Directed by Ridley Scott

Candyland "'Lord of The Rings, but set in a world of candy'"

Clue - Doubt it can be better than the classic one.

Ouija - was to be produced by Michael Bay, but universal canceled because he wanted to have a huge budget (and probably made no sense)

What are your thoughts on this? Any movies (besides Heroscape) you think Hasbro should produce?
Old October 2nd, 2011, 09:56 PM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Hasbro Toy Movies

I think it is pretty dumb, but whatever, they think it'll work, so I guess it might work out (doubt it, though).

As for new movies..... i dunno, and I don't care.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old October 2nd, 2011, 11:03 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It just goes to show that Hollywood is running out of ideas. Really, Monopoly and Candyland? If you're going to make a movie about a game, make it Heroscape.
Old October 4th, 2011, 10:19 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

It mostly depends on the quality of the writing. The Japanese started all of this years ago. As an anime fan, I have to admit that some things I like were originally based on computer games (which I'm much too old school/low tech to play). Although I usually enjoy more series based on books, manga, or Japanese/Chinese myth!

Heroscape of course is a natural! If they did a movie, then they'd reissue the game. But why would they now film a game they've discontinued? Frustrating, ain't it? Guess we need to get more film directors into Scaping...
Old October 4th, 2011, 10:28 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Simple really. Monopoly, Battleship, Clue and Candyland are all widely recognized brands. Without even thinking about it much the lemmings will go off and spend their money because of the shiney (though I have hope for Battleship).

-insert signature here-
Old October 4th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Heroscape of course is a natural! If they did a movie, then they'd reissue the game. But why would they now film a game they've discontinued? Frustrating, ain't it? Guess we need to get more film directors into Scaping...
The difference between a Battleship movie and a Heroscape movie is the fact that Heroscape has a backstory, and if done correctly the movie would be amazing, not just a CGI fest. Let's get Christopher Nolan on this.
Old October 4th, 2011, 07:33 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Heroscape is obviously the bomb when it comes to making a game-based movie. I can just see it now. The exposition would be where Thormun drinks the water from the springs and has the visions. And so on and so on. I think, as said by Abomination, if done correctly it might even become a saga that's better than Star Wars(I believe you couldn't get Heroscape into one movie). Now that's hard to say and you may have your own opinions but I think it could.

EDIT:I could see it now:

Quote:
Evil Dr. Pork Chop 180 (180)
Monkeys x3 300 (40 each)
Rex 120 420 (120)
Slinky 500 (80)
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Major Q9 180 (180)
Rats x3 300 (40 each)
Grimnack 420 (120)
Raelin ROTV 500 (80)

Last edited by Sheep; October 4th, 2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old October 4th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
It just goes to show that Hollywood is running out of ideas. Really, Monopoly and Candyland?
I'm sure you said the same in 1985 about Clue, right?

I should watch that film again---I remember it being fun.

Last edited by ollie; October 4th, 2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: If they can make a film as great as War Games out of Noughts and Crosses (aka Tic-Tac-Toe), why not Monopoly?
Old October 4th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Heroscape might be better served as a TV series. The ad cartoons were pretty well done. You can not touch the scope of HS in 90 minutes. Even a trilogy would barely scratch the surface.
I am surprised there has not been a Clue remake yet.
Colonel Mustard in the kitchen with a candlestick.

War Games: In 1983 David Lightman nearly destroyed the world with a TRS-80(64k ram and no hard drive), imagine what you could do today.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 4th, 2011, 07:58 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Colonel Mustard in the kitchen with a candlestick.
No, it was Mrs. Peacock in the Ballroom with a rope.
Old October 4th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Sgt. Drake at the Wellspring with an Ullar Enhanced Rifle.

Last edited by ollie; October 4th, 2011 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Heroscape to return as themed Clue with a hex-based board?! You heard it here first. And last.
Old October 4th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That strangely sounds like a great idea. You may be unto something ollie.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies