Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 29th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Savage, MD - Not in Kansas Anymore 2/26

NOT IN KANSAS ANYMORE

What: HeroScape tournament, of course
When: Saturday, February 2/26, 12:30 set up, 1:00 roll dice
Where: Savage, Maryland, at the Family Game Store
How much: $5, big spender
The format: 455 points, my House Rules apply, no Marvel; no more than 4x any one common squad or hero; 5 rounds Swiss with partial card scoring. There will be a Junior Champion crowned, too! The highest finish by a person under the age of 16 will get an awesome trophy to take home.

NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS RIGHT HERE. READ BELOW.
What to bring:
Your army.
Your cards.
Your wound markers.
Your order markers.
Your dice.

If you are bringing a map:
The build instructions printout.

What not to bring:
Food.

Here's why: This location is awesome. The entire mall is great, with all kinds of fun, quirky little shops for all different kinds of shoppers. One of the nice things about it is there is GOOD FOOD right there in the mall.

Please, while you are at the tournament, patronize the great establishments that fill up the mall. Of course The Family Game Store, which is *amazing* for us gamers, but the other places too, which are permitting us to use the big space we're going to need for our party. So if you are going to eat, please get your food at one of the great food shops that will be right there.

I am partial to the Whatchamacallit (I think that's the name) booth. They have excellent salads and KidScaper is, with good reason, partial to the meatball subs.

Here endeth the new part of the OP.

Tiebreaks as follows, this is how it works in competitive chess:
Tiebreak 1: Early wins count more
Tiebreak 2: Partial card scoring
Meaning that if two players are 4 - 1, the one who lost in the finals to the guy who went 5 - 0 will come in second, because he went 4 - 0 in the first 4 rounds. The guy *he* beat when they were both 3 - 0 and then won in round 5 to get a 4 - 1 record also will have gone 3 - 0 before his first loss & will compare partial card scores to any other 4 - 1 finishers who went 3 - 0 in their first 3 rounds. Does that make sense? Shaugville, does that make sense?

The maps in this tournament will be selected from the crop of more wild available maps. I'll be selecting maps that are asymmetrical, or have voids, or have dramatically split start zones. The asymmetrical start zone maps will have glyphs; the others - except for Capuan Areana - will not. For the asymmetrical maps players will roll for who gets to pick the side.

I am looking for maps that meet these criteria but also have been playtested. There are a couple qualifiers in the BoV already & I want to have at least two from each category I mentioned above.

I'll accept suggestions for maps from anyone, including non-attendees. I expect we'll want 8 - 10 a million maps total.

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Attending:
1. DS
2. KidScaper
3. Drewcula
4. Shaugville
5. Follower of Vydar
6. Phil the Thrill
7. kldonnelly
8. Crichton
9. Friend of KS
10. Clancampbell
11. Xanth
12. Zak
13. Friend of KidScaper
14. Bill
15. Cigarman, cowboy-free
16. Kevin
17. Robber
18. Friend of KS 2
19. Lamaclown Mrs. QTip, who we'd rather have anyway
20. AliasQTip
21. Spidysox
22. Peterhparkerh
23. Ian
24. Euro Alex
25. bassist of doom
26. brother of bassist of doom
27. Ivan
28. Taeblewalker (really?) (no) Tom
29. Arcus
30. isfactor
31. camper

Maybe:

Maps DON'T FORGET TO BRING THE BUILD INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Can't See the Jungle: Shaugville
2. Rising Pressure: DS
3. Striking Distance: Drewcula (1), peterparkerh (2)
4. Halfway Up the Downs: Clancampbell
5. Jonathan's Hometown Map: Shaugville
6. Burial Marsh: Phil (1), Robber (2)
7. Holy Dungeon Diver: Shaugville
8. Redhorn Gate: Shaugville
9. Failed Negotiations: DS
10. When Paths Cross: Clancampbell
11. Horseshoe Hill: Clancampbell (1), DS (2)
12. Capuan Arena: spidysox
13. Mystery Map: AliasQTip
14. Hot Border: Tom
15. Hot Meal: peterparkerh
15. The Fire Swamp:

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; February 25th, 2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old November 29th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Savage Save the Date - 2/26

Awesome! I can't commit just yet, but sounds exciting!

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old December 1st, 2010, 10:15 AM

shaugville is surprisingly tart

Great! I am happy to help!

14 tournaments: 30-31 record (1-3 2-2 3-1 4-1 2-2 2-3 3-2 2-2 2-3 3-2 2-3 2-2 2-2 0-3)
Old December 6th, 2010, 05:26 PM

Phil the Thrill Woo who?

Well, you know the two of us [Follower and myself] are game again! Oh and put a maybe down for my girlfriend. It has taken 4 years but, I think I finally turned her to the dark side
Old December 6th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Sweet!

It's early, but I'm already getting close to posting a format. It's always great to see you guys & I sometimes wonder if I'll be able to go through a whole tournament without having to lose to you, Phil.

= =
Old December 13th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Re: Not in Kansas Anymore - Savage, MD 2/26

We now have a format. See the OP & begin the sign up & suggestion process.

= =
Old December 13th, 2010, 04:24 PM

Phil the Thrill Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Sweet!

It's early, but I'm already getting close to posting a format. It's always great to see you guys & I sometimes wonder if I'll be able to go through a whole tournament without having to lose to you, Phil.
Finally, we did not play each other. I had a rough tournament on sat. The Kurrok army is really hard to play in clan's format. However, it might be a little easier in this format because you can have 4 fire eles.
Old December 13th, 2010, 06:03 PM

shaugville is surprisingly tart

Yeah, that makes sense! And I like the format!

(If you can find a format that allows me to go higher than about .500, I am all for it. But I don't think that format has been invented yet.)

As always, I have a lot of expansions, but only one of each master set. So I can help a lot with maps, but only one map that requires RotV, one that requires SotM, etc. When it gets closer I can volunteer for specific map(s).

Stephen

14 tournaments: 30-31 record (1-3 2-2 3-1 4-1 2-2 2-3 3-2 2-2 2-3 3-2 2-3 2-2 2-2 0-3)
Old December 13th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the Thrill View Post
Quote:
Sweet!

Finally, we did not play each other. I had a rough tournament on sat. The Kurrok army is really hard to play in clan's format. However, it might be a little easier in this format because you can have 4 fire eles.
That was a good effort, Phil, and you are allowed to bring a goofy build to your first event after winning 1st place. Also I'm now working on a streak with Follower of Vydar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaugville View Post
Yeah, that makes sense! And I like the format!

(If you can find a format that allows me to go higher than about .500, I am all for it. But I don't think that format has been invented yet.)

As always, I have a lot of expansions, but only one of each master set. So I can help a lot with maps, but only one map that requires RotV, one that requires SotM, etc. When it gets closer I can volunteer for specific map(s).
Well the first thing anyone can do to help is find reputable & qualifying maps. I know they're out there but I didn't want to spit out all the ones I've seen; I wanted to see what others found first.

= =
Old December 13th, 2010, 07:15 PM

Follower of Vydar Woo who?

"Also I'm now working on a streak with Follower of Vydar... "

I've just been studying your stategy - now it is time to strike! (or at least spare - sorry wrong game)

Pardon my ignorance but what is C3V and SoV?

Follower of Vydar
Aged Newbie
Old December 14th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower of Vydar View Post
Pardon my ignorance but what is C3V and SoV?
Wait, you don't examine every thread on this forum?

The C3V is in charge of making "official" customs. I'm familiar with the process & I'm confident anything they approve will be worthy. If they do approve something by then - and it is not guaranteed they will - you will find it in this thread.

The Soldiers of Valhalla (SoV) is a different customs project. The SoV is devoted to testing *existing* customs and, if they fit perfectly in the HeroScape canon, approving them for use in "official" play. Their thread is here. You may be interested to know that the SoV is currently reviewing a unit created by Clan. It is likewise not guaranteed the SoV will have approved anything by then.

I'm familiar with the inner workings of both customs projects. I don't think you will see anything game breaking from either group. If there *is* something from either group you like, you will have to get the mini, which should be available for people who will make purchases on the internet. They might be D&D figs, or Mage Knight, or Heroclix, or something. You'll know; it'll say when the unit is published.

Don't expect any game breaking stuff from either group, like I said, and I repeat that there may not even be anything by 2/26 to consider bringing. But if there *is* something, for my tournaments, at least for now, I intend to treat both groups as "official."

We'll see how it goes, but I hope this becomes standard fare at area events.

= =
Old December 14th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Savage, MD - Not in Kansas Anymore 2/26

Quote:
When: Saturday, February 2/26
The format: 455 points, C3V and SoV allowed
I love to see this. Hopefully one or both will have something by then.

And thanks for using Rising Pressure-it's been a while since there been much discussion in the TWAMP; maybe this will spark some more.

Edit: Stupid vBulliten Messenger, denying my rep attempt.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; December 14th, 2010 at 02:20 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events