Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 18th, 2010, 01:28 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Lightbulb The Great Big Inspiriation Thread

Welcome to the great big thread for inspiring new custom makers! This thread is dedicated to giving links, pics, and more to show things to help making customs for those with no ideas just yet. Anybody feel free to post a link, picture, video, or anything really that could get those brain juices moving!

For special abilities you can go to this link that will take you Lamaclown's thread full of special ability name generators. Hopefully you will get some cool names there!
Name Generator Links
...............moving on now...........
Feel free to go to this site for loads of awesome looking minis(albeit very pricey) to get some inspiration!
Cool Mini or Not
...............moving on now...........
Looking for Orcs? Well here is a good group of images (easily presented by Google)
Let's get Orcs!!!
.............moving on now............
Movies like Star Wars could present great ideas, but 300 could give some squad ideas. Just a tip, don't leave the movies out of your idea stream.
.............moving on now............
Knock yourself out with medieval games like Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem Background Info
or go a little more fantasy with the Elder Scrolls
Elder Scrolls Background Info
.............moving on now.............
Try using the "bad guys" like DaBear did with the Confederate Army complete with Robert E. Lee

The "Bad" Guys
.............moving on now..............
Majora's Incarnation designed the ultimate opposition to kyrie. The dreaded Helkyrie. Perhaps his thread is worth a look...
The Opposition
............moving now.............
Who said crude humor wasn't worth the time of HeroScape. Certainly not these card creators!
LoL
..............moving on now.........
Rebasing figure from other board games such as DnD could become a mess from novices. Try using this tutorial for rebasing. By the C3G's Hamha.
Dude, where's my base?
...............moving on now........
One of the more annoying power ideas is to emulate The Drop. Scytale created this very useful custom. Perhaps it would help you out

................moving on now............
This theory of custom unit was actually a small corner of HS at one time. But, like all things of history, there were masters. Lamaclown was smart enough to create this thread as a muesem to preserve their history.
The Ancients
................moving on now............
Perhaps one of the best custom creators is Atmospro. His cards and units were indeed beautiful.
His Customs
................moving on now.............
There those customs that fail and fall. This file tells others of such a thing.
Fallen Customs
...............moving on now..............
Spoiler Alert!

justjohn
once created what he envision as Vydar's Kyrie. And since a Vydar Kyrie was never released, I guess the designers felt justjohn made the best one imaginable!
..............moving on now............................
The King of mods is at it again. Introducing, Soundwarp SG-1's monster, the Flame Tyrant!!

............moving on now..............................
Awesomeunleashed updated the Special Powers List with all of the powers used by official units as well as C3V generated ones.
Here's the Powers

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; December 10th, 2011 at 07:33 PM. Reason: so worth the update....
Old August 18th, 2010, 08:53 AM

Magic Darkus Woo who?
Re: The Great Big Inspiriation Thread

OMG! Fire emblem.............elder scrolls.........my 2 favorite video games series in a thread! YAY!!!

Anyway, I'm hoping to find a few good pics of Fire Emblem chars

Maybe I can help with this thread.

Another good website with many figure choices is frpGames
www.frpgames.com

Also, here is a website with your X-century war needs
www.frontrank.com/

edit: AWESOME site with many figure from fantasy and history
http://www.foundryarchive.co.uk/
Old August 18th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Great idea, Flameslayer. This might help generate some nice customs.

Old August 18th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Great idea, Flameslayer. This might help generate some nice customs.
Thanks Taeblewalker!

Magic Darkus, would you like me to include those links in the list?

Don't forget to check back every now and then. I'm still updating and putting more stuff up.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 19th, 2010, 01:42 AM
I could go

Double post!

Added Stuff:

A few pics, boldened the names of people, and cleaned up some grammar. If anyone sees any mistakes, PM me.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 19th, 2010, 10:33 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

I guess as long as you have got a "humor" thread here you might want to add this link to your OP...

Just for Fun Customs
Old August 19th, 2010, 10:36 PM
I could go

Thanks for the link, I was busy looking around.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 19th, 2010, 10:37 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You may want to add a section on how to properly playtest customs. This is a link to the C3G playtesting FAQ's, which has some excellent advice on playtesting.

Old August 19th, 2010, 10:38 PM
I could go

Thanks a lot!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 20th, 2010, 12:04 AM

Deliriant is surprisingly tart

I've got nothing to contribute, but I think this is a great idea for a thread - it should be stickied.
Old August 21st, 2010, 10:34 AM
I could go

What's been added:

More pics, link to a joint story, link to classic lit. project, and now a link to a list of various abilities.

If anybody sees any errors(spelling,bad links, etc.) PM me, flameslayer93.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 21st, 2010, 12:15 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here is an excellent tutorial on how to rebase figures. Also done by the C3G.

Moving on.

Here is a group of members dedicated to critiquing others customs. The CHCG24 (or something like that).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards