Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 16th, 2012, 07:07 PM

Gancis is surprisingly tart
Smile My New York Comic Con Heroscape Purchase

Hi all,
I am pretty excited to share this one. As a pretty hard card comic art <nerd> collector I was excited when I found out about the various Heroscape Comics and started reaching out to all the different people who did the art in them.

Unfortunately, every one of the people I spoke to did not receive their art from the producers. But, about 1 week after I sent out my emails, one of the artists, Jay Liesten emailed me back, to let me know that USPS had dropped off the whole issue that he had done (#4).

After exchanging a few emails we came up with a deal, and we agreed I would pick up the cover at NYCC!

I put a low rez picture of it here, if you want to see a high rez version, i have it on my comic art fans site here:

My CAF @ http://cafurl.com?i=18970

Jay has all the interiors and if anyone's interested feel free to PM me, and I can send you the scans or give you his email. His prices were pretty reasonable for original art. Also, just so you know, this art is ink over blue line. If that means anything to anyone here. If you don't know what it means and are interested in the art, let me know, and I can try to give a brief overview of the comic art production process.

Thanks all,
Pete
Old October 18th, 2012, 12:17 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: My New York Comic Con Heroscape Purchase

Nice find!

I believe that one of my favorite comic artists, Ty Templeton, did the artwork for a special Heroscape comic that was inserted into various (DC?) comics as an advertisement when the game first came out in 2004. I remember seeing the ad at the time and being interested because of his art, but thinking that the storyline for the game was kinda ridiculous. (I still think it's ridiculous, but in a good way.)

Anyway, if you like collecting Heroscape comic art you might want to try seeking out Templeton's stuff. He was also a long running artist on the various Batman comics based on the Batman Animated Series. Here are some examples of his work:

Old October 18th, 2012, 08:46 PM

Gancis is surprisingly tart
Re: My New York Comic Con Heroscape Purchase

Very cool.

I'd be just interested in getting covers I think....

I shot him an email. Thanks for the lead!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion