Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old December 31st, 2008, 08:22 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Tournament Armies Played

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
If there's one thing I've got, it's half a dozen tacky sportcoats.

If there's seven things I've got, it's half a dozen tacky sportcoats and a good memory.

I think that it may be because it had Nilfy in it. The big adorable brute...
Old December 31st, 2008, 09:44 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Quote:

If there's seven things I've got, it's half a dozen tacky sportcoats and a good memory.

You know, there probably is some truth to that.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old January 1st, 2009, 10:45 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Brewster's Tournament Armies Played

OVAH'S NHSD in Louisville 08
Q9, AE, Laglor, Izumi Samurai, Raelin 2-3

Dayton, OH Tournament - January 24, 09
KoW x2, 4th Mass x2, Alastair, Gilbert 3-2
Win versus Marduck & Brownsfan, Loss versus Utgarsrage & KCU

Dayton, OH Tournament - March 28, 09
Ornak, Brunak, Sir Hawthorne, Rats x2 2-3
Loss versus Outforblood

Findlay, OH Tournament - November 9, 19
Axegrinders x4, Mogrimm Forgehammer 4-2
Win versus Father of Julian, coachmuskie, Jeremy & Cole, Loss versus Julian & Father of Julian

Ann Arbor, MI Tournament - Feb 2, '20
Take Two: (1) Heavy Gruts x2, Grimnak, Nerak, Johnny Shotgun Sullivan, Raelin v1
(2) 10th Reg x2, Zelrig, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Marcu
3-2
Loss versus Julian

Whitmore Lake, MI Tournament - May 22, '21
Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x2, Deathreavers x2 3-1
Wins versus TBD, Loss versus TBD

Ann Arbor, MI 2-army Burnout Tournament - Nov 13, '21
Army 1: Nakita Agents, Gorillanators x2,
Army 2: Moltenclaw, Greenscales x2, Isamu
?-?... I forget, but I know I did poorly
Wins versus TBD, Loss versus TBD

Findlay 550 FOG OF WAR Tournament - Jan 29, '22
Su-Bak-Na, Tul-Bak-Ra, Marro Dividers x4, Izumi Samurai 3-1
Wins versus Outforblood, FatherOfJulian, Loss versus Jeremy

Last edited by Brewster; January 30th, 2022 at 12:55 PM.
Old January 4th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Quote:

You know, there probably is some truth to that.
So, I was kind of joking with all of this. I actually ended up playing 3x Knights, Nilfheim, Sir Gilbert, and Eldgrim at KC this last weekend. I went 4-1, losing just one game to pretty bad luck. It was in the second round though, so I might have had some tougher games later if I hadn't lost then.

It was a real solid army and I'd play it again. It suits my playing style (read:Nilfheim) very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 4th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I played a similar army (well, pretty much exactly the same, but the point value was lower, so only 2x KoW); I made one really poor choice in one game and so went 3-1, missing the top four by just a few points (same win/loss and SoS, only about 30 points or so different).

I loved the army--it was very fun and effective. Eldgrim is a total champ, grabbing glyphs and just generally being where your enemy doesn't expect, and Sir G with the Knights is always good times. Having Nilf in there just made the whole package sweeter--first time I played a largely melee army as well as the first time I took Nilf to a tourney. Glad I did.

(One map, against a Nilf and Samurai army, I switched up my usual play to send Nilf in first, getting height and killing all the samurai, plus a Zeta, and wounding the enemy Nilf. I got lucky, but also found that Nilf is a beast against those samurai.)
Old January 6th, 2009, 06:04 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I updated my first post with the recent Hextreme New Year tournament in Kansas City.

Hexetreme New Year - Kansas City, MO:
Army = 2xrats, 4xstingers, Krav, Laglor (530pts)
wins of worseley, bobofdeath
Results 4-1 (9th overall)

I actually improved my win rate this time; it took a beating at gencon and NHSD. I am 81-39 overall in tournament play for a 67.5% win rate.

I had 5 other armies under consideration but the final selling point was that it took up all 24 hexes, while using all the points and not having to eat a figure.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; January 11th, 2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old January 10th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Uniquest Hero and Classic Drafter 2008

Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker

Update

KC Hextreme New Year, January 3, 2009
530 point limit, 5 round swiss, 42 contestants.
Q9, Raelin (RotV), 10th Regiment x 2, Deathreavers x 3
Battle Report
3-2 (18th overall)

Overall Tournament Record: 48-11
Win Percentage: 81.4%
Old January 11th, 2009, 03:48 PM

Utgarsrage is surprisingly tart

GENCON Tounies 3-3
Dayton Tourney in October 5-0 Finished 1st
NHSD Louisville Tourney 4-1 Finished 2nd
Dayton January Tourney TBD

Overall record 12-4

Win % 75

Good Trades with: Rudyvalentine X2, omgitsjihad, Jim, dredd Stev, Yikes, Temp. Nerd, Syvaris the ruler, southwest ninja, Nerdcorerocks, Ensignoftheunit, Einar Gen., Mossman, MuttLo, Ted_Danson
Old January 25th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Dayton, Ohio (Jan)

Couldn't spend more than 140 points on any one card (or total on common squads). Went 4-1 and took 5th (I think...it might have been 4th, I was a little out of it after the games) with:

2x Roman Legos
Marcus
Me-Burq-Sa
Marro Warriors
Kaemon Awa
Raelin

Had a couple close games on difficult maps to use Romans (large hills, etc.) but ended up beating 2 valiant 4th Mass armies, a Viper Army, and a mish mosh army (arrows/Krug, Rae, Kaemon and EI).

Had a good time and feel much more secure about the upcoming Louisville Tourny.

My total tourny record is now 23-7 for a 77% win rate (thanks to Jexik for point it out) an increase of 1%

Last edited by KCU Master 2007; January 25th, 2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old January 25th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post
My total tourny record is now 20-7 for a 74% win rate dropping my percentage by 2% again.
There's something wrong with your math here. Going 4-1 on the day should increase your win rate unless you were over 80% to begin with.

I just checked your last post, and you were 19-6 at that time, so you should be 23-7 now, for a total of ~77% win rate. (76.6%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 25th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Woops...that's what I get for trying to do math while I'm still half asleep. Thanks Jexik.
Old January 25th, 2009, 02:50 PM

Utgarsrage is surprisingly tart

I too was at the Dayton Tourney, with the following army in hand.

Marcus
Romans x2
4th x2
MBS
Drake I

I went 5-0 winning the tourney along with a set of sweet Custom Engraved Heroscape Beer mugs. My overall OVHA tourney record is 14-1 with a winning percentage of 93%. My overall record in tourneys is 19-4, including some bad games at Gencon.

Good Trades with: Rudyvalentine X2, omgitsjihad, Jim, dredd Stev, Yikes, Temp. Nerd, Syvaris the ruler, southwest ninja, Nerdcorerocks, Ensignoftheunit, Einar Gen., Mossman, MuttLo, Ted_Danson

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion