Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 24th, 2015, 03:13 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: PIRATES AND MERCS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Yashbuckler Pirates

Really neat squad, though they do feel a touch overpriced with that 1 defense.

For Cap'n's Command, is it intended that all Pirates count for the engagement requirement? At the moment Captain Sheldon can count as one of the three pirates needed to activate himself. I actually like it that way, I'm just curious if that was on purpose.
It was an abbreviation but I'll let it fly for all Pirates because I like that too--helps with getting in the two Flintlock attacks if the Captain is there in battle already. I'll probably bump them down to 70 like their Mohican inspiration--they don't got Concealment but they do get an extra guy per squad so it should balance out.

Quote:
Captain Sheldon

The 'special marker' part in Cure Scurvy is a little odd, he can't actually remove a Negation Marker from his card, as the power would be negated. I'm not sure that part of the power would ever do anything anyway, as far as I can tell, Lycanthropy and Negation would both keep working even if the markers were removed. Though obviously it's more useful if you have some customs that place special markers on people, I haven't had a chance to look through all your stuff.
I do utilize a lot more Special Markers in my customs, usually little things more akin to the Marro Gnids' stat reduction etc. Cure Scurvy can't help with Negation, but another of my Customs can remove special markers from allies and heal the Negation that way. It's just the go-to reference for such markers, just like ruins are for obstacles. Plus if there ever are more unique markers to come out via other Customs and C3V, he'll be ready!

Quote:
Cunaxa Mercenaries

Fit the Bill is a neat power, though a tricky one to word being unique as it is (and them being common). It would be kind of neat if they could also change their class to give them more options, since personality synergies aren't that common, though I suppose that might be a bit too potent.
Class change is a bit dangerous with Venoc Warlord around. I'll probably just make Fit the Bill free of charge and bump up the price like Killometer said. Probably only to 45 though... most armies won't even use Fit the Bill.

Quote:
Zaan

For squads, is each figure considered to have the point cost listed on the card, or is it a like a partial scoring type deal?
I'll assume full card scoring with squads while they're alive to prevent too much math. If the enemy's biggest guy is the Vulcanmech Incendiborgs, you'll have to kill every last one before moving onto the next target.

Maybe one of these days I'll edit my second post below the OP into a FAQ for some of my more confusing units. In the meantime, I'll be back with more eventually. I get the feeling it's gonna be a busy week though so we'll see. Thanks for the feedback!

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 28th, 2015, 04:23 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Arrow Outlaws and jack nicholson

Good some good things on sale, stranger! Outlaws, Dwarven Commander, and Jack Nicholson join the fray!

Character Bio: "Crummy"'s the kindest word that could be associated with Kurt Riens, and it's the lightest nickname he could have chosen to be his title. Only Volthrax could admire a scumbag like Kurt: an outlaw who shoots those he can't steal from and buys out those he can't shoot.

"Crummy" Kurt Riens is a Volthrax Outlaw who can talk opponents into rolling poorly with Bribe once per round. With Quick Draw Special Attack, he can shoot for 3 every time he blocks an attack. It won't happen often against stronger foes, but against weak squaddies, he can off six rounds real quick. Not bad for 65 points.

Character Bio: Mr. "Sharky" Owler once robbed an entire town without firing a single shot. This conman, scammer, and thief does what he pleases and skips town before anyone's ever even onto him. They say Sharky's the most hated man in the West, and they'd probably be right. Ask any Lawman or Outlaw in Valhalla if they'd be willing to put a bullet in Sharky's head. They'd all do it for free.

Mr. "Sharky" Owler is a bully who goes about the battlefield finding proper units to pick on. His easiest prey are Common Squads, who suffer losses at the hands of Intimidating Bully. With Fork It Over, Sharky can steal Treasure Glyphs or force opponents away from Power Glyphs. This is especially useful for pushing away sleeping glyph holders. Although susceptible to Heroes and Unique Squads, he can certainly hold up for 65 points.

Character Bio: All work and no play makes Jack a dull buy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack an dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play jack makes dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Jack Nicholson comes center stage swinging his axe and being generally crazy. With Here's Johnny!, no door can keep him away. You Can't Handle the Truth will keep your Order Markers safe while Jack is alive. Lastly, Jack is especially strong when there's a woman involved (your's or your opponent's), giving him extra strength with Never Rub Another Man's Rhubarb. Jack is also The Joker--why isn't that surprising.

The Token of Betrayal is essentially Kurt Riens' Bribe power. You can use it on an opponent five spaces away in order to lower their 20d roll by 5 before rolling. Useful for pretty much any 20d situation (except Marcu), it can prevent Mind Shackle, Acid Breath, Soul Devour... you name it. One time use, though...

The Glyph of Telepatus gives the user a one-time swap with a target of your choosing. Useful for swapping with an engaged ally, covering the extra distance, or bringing out an enemy into the open for the rest of your army. Its uses are many, but a 20-d roll keeps it in check. Just keep in mind that it only works on targets that are the same size as you (Medium for Medium, Huge for Huge, etc...)

That's all for today, see you next time!

~TAF

(Figures used: Black Scorpion miniatures)

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 25th, 2018 at 10:44 PM.
Old February 28th, 2015, 07:54 PM

Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: OUTLAWS AND JACK NICHOLSON

Edit! Added FAQ on second post below the OP! Check it out for clarity yo!

~TAF

Old February 28th, 2015, 08:32 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Wow tons of cool stuff here. Those are black scorpion minis for the pirates, right. How are they, I myself are putting together my own pirate crew to play on my pirates cove terrain.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 28th, 2015, 11:48 PM

Black Scorpion minis are unpainted and such, so not great for casual folk like me. However, I believe they are around 32 mm in height, which makes them great for Heroscape. They've got lots of pirates and cowboys, so they're perfect for those genres.

~TAF, hopefully more helpful than last time (we don't talk about last time)

Old March 4th, 2015, 12:12 PM

Arrow Update: Undead legion

Valkrill packs a punch today with the Undead Legion: mostly using some D&D figures that don't seem to have many Custom cards on this site already.

Character Bio: No Undead Lord is complete without their own Guard of deadly skeletons. The Derthkell Guards are powerful and loyal skeletal soldiers who follow their leaders to whatever end. As they gang up on their targets, the skeletons' strikes endlessly tear down the foe's defenses. The Derthkell show no sign of stopping, pounding away until the enemy falls.

Derthkell Guards are a 2-man squad who can beef up your Undead Heroes for cheap. With Deadsoul Bonding, they can bond with any Valkrill Undead Hero. With Balanced Strikes, they benefit from attacking the same target just like the Zettian Guards (except that the bonding hero can give this bonus as well). Only being a 2-man squad isn't all that hot though, even if they are nice and cheap.

Character Bio: The Lich's fingers bent unnaturally at the air, a deep otherworldly voice rattling throughout the room. Its victim, who lay dead on the ground, slowly churned back and forth of no will of its own. Suddenly its eyes flashed open, empty and void, still dead even as the body rose once again.

The Undead Legion has mended its wounds.

Ocren is a Lich Necromancer who can revive Undead units with every kill he secures with Blood Sacrifice. Destroying friendlies or Unique units (or both) help your chances significantly if you think it worth the risk. If you can roll a 20, you can revive a Unique undead hero. This can be quite useful for the big Undead guys, but Ocren is expensive, so there you have it.

Character Bio: These evil Wisps haunt the halls of the Underdark, seeking out all life to extinguish. Their hypnotic gaze renders all defenses useless, making these ghouls as dangerous as they are hard to kill. Few spirits are as malevolent as the Whispers.

Their presence in Valhalla can only mean one thing: Sephtis lurks somewhere down below, unseen. For now.

Whispers of Sephtis are Common Heroes, with decent stats and powerful abilities. Insubstantial 3 keeps them alive while moving towards ranged units. Eyes of Death deny all Commons defense dice, making these Heroes quite potent against smaller units. Despite being very strong, Whispers of Sephtis are very expensive for Common Heroes, making them a bit risky for drafting. With Ocren, however, they can be quite good.

Character Bio: Xer Blight roams the battlefield on his own, seeking defenseless prey to kill. His favorite targets are those already engaged with his allies in battle. Stalking up to them, Xer brings down his great sword onto their turned backs. Never stopping, never sleeping, Xer overcomes his enemies as the battle lingers, his stamina never ending.

Xer Blight is a powerful Death Knight hero who acts as a sort of executioner for the Undead army. If your opponent finds themselves surrounded by Undead, then Xer can almost certainly finish them off with Swarm Smash. With Deathly Advance, Xer can move freely once per round. This is useful for moving up towards the fray or getting in some free hits. With 5 life and 3 defense, however, Xer Blight likely won't last too long once he's in battle. Maybe he shoulda been Relentless, but the Death Knights have plenty of bonding options already, and he moves on his own. His figure is a Reapers Miniature, which is a tad small, but Death Knights are kind of smallish anyway.

The Keepsake of Vigor gives your adventuring party some initiative bonus, just like Mogrimm. Although it requires an Order Marker, that extra 3 bonus sure goes a long way over time.

Well, that's all for today. Really inspired? Not really. Balanced? Probably not. Let me know what you guys think in the thingy below.

~TAF

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 25th, 2018 at 10:48 PM.
Old March 4th, 2015, 05:36 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: UNDEAD LEGION

TAF, would it be possible for you to post the names of the figures you use? Some of your units look pretty damn cool.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 4th, 2015, 05:55 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

What's the reasoning behind excluding Thralls from the Derthkell Guards bonding? It seems odd to call them out specifically like that. The Thrall couldn't use Mindless Pack during that turn, so it's not like it would be an overpowered combo.

So Balanced Strikes is intended give the bonus to a Guard that attacks the same figure as the Hero that they bonded with? If so, it needs rewording since it doesn't actually work that way as it stands (since Bonding gives a separate turn to the Hero). You'd have to replace 'this turn' with something like 'since the last time you revealed a numbered order marker' for it to work with the Hero.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 4th, 2015, 11:49 PM

Figures used were:
D&D Dungeon Command Curse of Undeath set:
Warrior Skeletons = Derthkell Guards
Lich Necromancer = Ocren
Hypnotic Spirit = Whispers of Sephtis
and
Dauron Necropolis Hero (Reapers Mini) = Xer Blight

I figured that the Derthkell Guards might be a bit too good with Thralls, especially since they bond with Nicholas Esenwein already and in case any better Thralls come out in time. Perhaps since the Thralls aren't really that great anyhow I'll change it (the Death Knights can bond with Air Elementals, after all). I will change the wording on Balanced Strikes as well to allow for the Bonding Hero to activate the bonus.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll likely update the unit changes soon.

~TAF

EDIT: Changed the prices and effects of Derthkell Guards, Cunaxa Mercenaries, and Yashbuckler Pirates.

Last edited by TheAverageFan; March 5th, 2015 at 12:58 AM.
Old March 5th, 2015, 07:32 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Figures used were:
D&D Dungeon Command Curse of Undeath set:
Warrior Skeletons = Derthkell Guards
Lich Necromancer = Ocren
Hypnotic Spirit = Whispers of Sephtis
and
Dauron Necropolis Hero (Reapers Mini) = Xer Blight
Thanks, but I wasn't speaking specifically about your last set - I was talking about a lot of your stuff (specifically, right now the Volthrax stuff and Impact look really cool to me - I'm sure there's other stuff too, but I haven't had time to look through everything you have).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; March 5th, 2015 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Edit: Krodha looks pretty fun too - just seen her.
Old March 5th, 2015, 02:18 PM

Most of the Volthrax stuff are Black Scorpion miniatures (website: here).

Impact is an Anima Tactics Figure (view those at yer own discretion)

Not all the figures I use are great for Heroscape however, oftentimes I'll use a picture for something that looks cool, if only to avoid the dreaded Figureless Cards. I suggest you check out this website for where I get ideas for most of my stuff--or at least a starting point for them.

Website [insert sources and credit here] (also view at yer own discretion)

~TAF, who proxies most everything anyway

Last edited by TheAverageFan; March 5th, 2015 at 04:09 PM.
Old March 5th, 2015, 04:11 PM

NEW: UPDATE: Added Patch Notes to FAQ page below the OP. I just updated many of the cards after various requests, fixing errors, and adding some balance (the Warforged weren't as good as I thought they'd be).

~TAF, soon to bring you some Ozirael units??? (which Soundwarp SG-1 can still denounce at any time)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards