Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 3rd, 2010, 09:30 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Why is Scape your favorite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
...After spending a couple thousand on heroscape units that just sat and collected dust ...
Fixed!

Honestly folks, I'm such a rabid collector that I'm almost at that point with HS. At least the units are ready to play... and a lot cheaper than Warhammer.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 09:38 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Time to dust off those Zettians and Sacred Band!
I get a lot of fun out of trying different armies; even DW8K has won me a game or two against Stingers and whatnot.

Old May 3rd, 2010, 09:49 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For me, a lot of the reason I love it so much is because it is my first foray into gaming. Before I played Heroscape, I wasn't much a fan of gaming, as most of my experience with it was the typical games like Monopoly, Clue ect. While mildly entertaining, I wouldn't consider myself a fan of those games.

Heroscape became my favorite game ever after playing it, but I'm not so certain that I wouldn't have had the same reaction had I gotten into Warhammer first (provided I had the same amount of people willing to play, ect).
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:31 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
...After spending a couple thousand on heroscape units that just sat and collected dust ...
Fixed!

Yeah, the first part is dead on, but at least the spending is stretched out over a longer period of time. As for collecting dust, just Taro.

-insert signature here-
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:39 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Heroscape is my favorite game because:

1) I can create any map or army combination I want thanks to all the variety and

2) I can teach my brother to play in about 5 minutes.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 3rd, 2010, 01:33 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's simple to learn and easier to play than I thought it would be.

I used to play a lot of RPG's including the 'dreaded' DnD. I bought and painted hundreds of miniatures probably wasting thousands of hours and (with one exception - which I'll come to later) they have all been tossed or lost.

Heroscape miniatures are already set to go on any unique board that you have the terrain for - using the same miniatures and changing the battlefield creates a brand new, and just as good, battle.

Forget randomization of dice rolls and such it's the easy to use terrain and simple uncomplicated rules that make this game better than anything else I've played.

The only other game I've enjoyed (almost) as much would be GW's Bloodbowl. But even then most of the rules became houserules. And even Bloodbowl has been made better of late by using the heroscape terrain instead of the "stadium" that it came with.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 01:39 PM

jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby!

I like heroscape for a few reasons.

1)Every game is a fresh breath, perhaps today I feel like an evil Marro Warlord, Perhaps the next a dazzling Elf, Perhaps after that a sturdy Soulborg. The possibilities for Army combinations are endless

2) The concept is unique, its not been "done before"

3) It's relatively simple in terms of rules, yet doesn't lack any of the strategic gameplay that makes games like it so fun.

4) Its relatively inexpensive (when you're not looking for Thaelank Tundra)

5) The map is easy to assemble and ever changing, in fact I think it was the map that sold me the fist time I saw it on TV.

The only downside is, I can only buy it on the internet...

All in all, I love scape! I hope it lives long and prospers!
Old May 3rd, 2010, 01:49 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's fun. It's reletively inexpensive. It's very well thought out and balanced. I can't paint. And it's fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
With the orginal teenager who started us on the game growing older and his interest declining in the game
Wait. Stop right there. You can not let that happen!

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 02:03 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
And even Bloodbowl has been made better of late by using the heroscape terrain instead of the "stadium" that it came with.
Now you can't go and make a comment like that without at least a promise to post pictures.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 02:12 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

I agree with what everyone has said. I would emphasize the 3D terrain aspect which some people have mentioned. I just can't get enough of building huge, majestic maps and having colossal wars on them that last for hours and lay waste to scores of soldiers.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 05:06 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
It's fun. It's reletively inexpensive. It's very well thought out and balanced. I can't paint. And it's fun.

Quote:
With the orginal teenager who started us on the game growing older and his interest declining in the game
Kinda tuff to compete with girls with a high school boy.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 05:12 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post

Quote:
Kinda tuff to compete with girls with a high school boy.
Think of it as "How do I ger her interested in it as well?"

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion