Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 4th, 2022, 11:37 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: OEAO's Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I don't personally run 4th in 4x400 18 figures. My build when I won Online Con 4x400 was Knights, Rats/Braxas/Marros, Deathchasers/Raelin, and 10th/Marcus, and I pretty much stand by those as the best choices. If 4x400 allowed 20 or 24 figs I'd play 5x 4th. The problem with 4th is that playing 120 points short is bad. Alastair or Drake is basically playing short because their impact on the game is going to be like 30 points worth.
Those are definitely interesting choices, and clearly they worked well (I didn't remember what you had run in that event). I will say that one big benefit of this breakdown is you get to include MWs in an army, which I consider a weakness of the 4 armies I normally play (that I can't fit MWs into any of them), but on the flipside no Q9 feels like a hinderance given how strong he is into either the 4th or 10th (both of which I think are fairly common builds in 4x400).

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I'll concede that the very very best Knight builds don't use Alastair. He certainly helps against particular figures like Q9 or Nilf though, and helps with figure limits. Alastair and 1x Knights was a terrifying force in my 2018 RtW army.
I agree with this 100%.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion