Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old March 17th, 2024, 10:52 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

The differences are so obvious!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 17th, 2024, 10:57 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Call me when one of them is wearing spiked arm rings and a hairy biker vest.
Old March 17th, 2024, 11:00 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Old March 17th, 2024, 11:01 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Irene? Is that you?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 17th, 2024, 11:17 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Whether the bear is male or female, that I don't care about at all. It's simply the name, it doesn't fit the theme. With respect to those with said name, I'd have been equally rollyeyed if they named the bear Paul or Scott, doesn't fit.

-insert signature here-
Old March 17th, 2024, 11:34 AM

Hot take: but the bear knights themselves are sort of goofy, silly, lighthearted designs. Their powers are things like "run" and "reload." Not sure there's any great thematic depth on them or super seriousness that makes a name like Irene stand out, but ymmv.

Old March 17th, 2024, 11:51 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Eh, other than maybe horror or units that are truly evil, I don't think I take any of the names 'seriously.' The mixed genres is goofy in of itself. Let's face it, an arrow doing just as much damage as a laser is definitely 'wrong,' but have to get past it to enjoy this game.

Irene just sounds jarring to me, breaks theme immersion.

It can go the other way as well. Like the name Zenithrax, kinda toes that line of using Zs and Xs for the sake of it because it 'sounds alien.'

-insert signature here-
Old March 17th, 2024, 11:55 AM

Some of the names definitely evoke 90's comic book "edginess" for me, yeah. But, whatever. I guess the theme of Heroscape has never really been deep enough to feel "immersive" for me, so I couldn't say whether one more goofy thing broke that spell or not for me.

Old March 17th, 2024, 12:02 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Most bears are going to look muscular and terrifyimg... moreso in armor and all that lol. I think all this is being taken far too seriously. It's a game that has never taken itself too seriously.

If we dont like it we have the option to not buy it. A lot of this stuff isnt for me, so I'm not.
Old March 17th, 2024, 12:19 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
"Irene" seems unaccountably woke. I've never complained about that before in my life. I mean in the sense of inappropriate gender switching (a la the Marvel Universe). But we don't need that, because all the Kyrie are female, as are the Dragon and a number of other Dryans, the Empress of the Bugs, some Pirates, and etc. So what's the point? And I've never seen a mini that looks more masculine! You could argue tht no Clockworks are yet, but Renegade seem to be deemphasizing the whole faction idea anyhow. Yet even if you still go with female, the tone is completely off, as noted above.

It seems so dissonent that again one wonders if they don't know what they're doing to Scape, as others have noted in their inaccurate or imprecise card text. Sometimes, later tier creative folks make changes just to make the thing more theirs.

But in the larger sense, its not theirs--its ours. Well, I'll call the card what I like. We do have our own community nicknames anyhow, although I haven't been forced to use one before. Bacon, Mittens...make up a good one. Hairy?
Just curious, how do you define woke? What makes this bear HAVE to be male? You make it sound like every character has to be male by default because we already have too many female characters.

Were you upset when Braxas and Wo-Sa-Ga released too, because they aren't stereotypically feminine?
Old March 17th, 2024, 12:28 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Maybe "Irene" means viral in Bear. Anyways, speaking of "woke," who says Irene is female? In any event, this figure is warped. A Boy Named Sue.

Old March 17th, 2024, 12:35 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Well met!

Maybe "Irene" means viral in Bear. Anyways, speaking of "woke," who says Irene is female? In any event, this figure is warped. A Boy Named Sue.

https://renegadegamestudios.com/hero...o-knight-irene

Read her bio and read her card. The character is intended to be female.

Quote:
Whether on Valhalla or the distant world of Noxdorma, knights do not often live to see old age in a land torn by constant war. Thus Knight Irene’s grey muzzle demands respect—and the rage boiling just behind her eyes demands caution. For every scar beneath her mottled fur, there somewhere lies a pile of broken foes; those who would harm the innocent, torn asunder by her mighty paws.

The legendary temper of Knight Irene remains carefully in check, for now. She has been sent to the summit to sue for peace. Even so, her enemies would be wise to avoid poking the bear. Or at the very least, to stay out of her reach.
Also, we can have any number of female characters. I'm not sure why anyoen has a problem with this. I know a few people that would like more... and they'd like more genres/figures that appeal to them specifically because Heroscape has yet to touch a lot of tropes and looks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News