Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old May 4th, 2020, 03:35 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Gen Con 2020 Whats the over/under ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
So question if this thing is delayed to say Fall, how many folks would attend then? IMO for whatever reason more people are willing to take vacation during the summer months. What happens if Walt or Jeter can't make it. Who's going to step up and run the events.

Just curious
To easy one concern - I would be able to make it if moved to the fall. My schedule is very flexible assuming I have a little advanced notice (which if they rescheduled to fall, I'm sure we'd have). As to making it in August (if it goes on schedule), I'd be watching that closely. My wife is in a "high risk" group, so we're being extra careful (I'm working from home, non-contact pickup of groceries, extra cleaning of items, etc.). I'll make sure the terrain is delivered, but my participation may be limited. This all depends on how the virus "stats" are going then.
Old May 4th, 2020, 09:11 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I bet we get info on a go/no go or delay on Thursday, Friday at the latest after the NFL releases their 2020 schd

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old May 5th, 2020, 11:24 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I bet we get info on a go/no go or delay on Thursday, Friday at the latest after the NFL releases their 2020 schd
What? You don't think they'd let us run Heroscape games in the end zone while an NFL game was being played? Definitely would add some interest to the games.
Old May 5th, 2020, 11:30 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Quote:
What? You don't think they'd let us run Heroscape games in the end zone while an NFL game was being played? Definitely would add some interest to the games.
Palmer's under pressure . . . steps up in the pocket and just gets off the pass, it's incomplete, over the heads of the Heroscape players in the endzone.

Let's check in on the action there. Looks like Retlaw's Charos finally went down, but
Oh no!!! Hilton just crashed into the table, and terrain is flying all over the field! Now there's a flag. This is definitely going to be unsportsmanlike conduct on T.Y. Hilton. You can't run over the Heroscape table like that.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 5th, 2020, 02:03 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Old May 5th, 2020, 02:19 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
You don't think they'd let us run Heroscape games in the end zone while an NFL...
I'm curious if The Colts are one of those teams who don't allow any changes aka covering to their field once the season starts. I mean it's AstroTurf, but would that just add insult to injury. (in my best Bill Lumbergh voice) "ya guys we're gonna let you have your Nerd Con in Late Oct but you won't be able to use the field at Lucas Oil..."

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old May 7th, 2020, 08:01 PM
Huge Fanboy

Well looking at the just released Colts home schd vs openings for the ICC it looks like the only time for a reschd fall date would be 10/22-10/25/20

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old May 8th, 2020, 12:57 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

That is right during National Heroscape Day and would be awesome. We can hope but I am not optimistic.
Old May 8th, 2020, 03:17 PM
Huge Fanboy

Someone was reminding me it was 11 days after Origins when I realized that it would be the same days as Essen. No way they would hold it at the same time

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old May 14th, 2020, 08:29 PM
Huge Fanboy

Gen Con just posted this on their forums

Wanted to share this with the thread:

If you emailed us asking for a refund in the last few weeks (the only way to get one) you will get a this reply:

"We can process a refund for you back to your original method of payment minus a $10 per badge return fee now, however if a cancellation does occur, we will offer the option to roll your badge forward to 2021 free of cost.

Or, would you be interested in refunding it to your account?If you do refund to your Gen Con account balance (system credit), we will waive your $10 return fee per badge as an exception to our policies.

system credit is non-refundable or transferable, but it can be applied to Gen Con 2020, should you change your mind or any future Gen Con for badges and tickets as it does not expire!

You may want to wait. Should the convention be cancelled for the year, our refund policies may be updated.

I think the writing is FINALLY on the wall

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old May 14th, 2020, 10:49 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I haven’t been following the thread but that announcement seems more like its answering people’s requests for refunds rather than a statement on Gencon’s viability this year. Maybe let’s not speculate and just wait for an actual announcement?
Old May 15th, 2020, 06:29 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Speculation is all we have.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con