Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old July 11th, 2011, 08:10 PM

edilsonm knows what's in an order marker edilsonm knows what's in an order marker edilsonm knows what's in an order marker
Custom Plant Bases/Custom Hex Pieces

Ok ok.. Now soon I will be making some more plant bases, do any of you need pics of these before I start pouring the plastic in the molds? I will show but I need to know if any of you will want to see the process step by step..so I can take pics. I will be using the new leaf identical to the Heroscape leaf.. Check out my images from the other plant customs.

Last edited by edilsonm; May 28th, 2012 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Combo custom hex and custom plant.
Old July 11th, 2011, 09:35 PM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker
Re: custom plant bases

How about you take pictures anyway and post them to this thread? I'd like to have a look at them.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 12:02 AM

edilsonm knows what's in an order marker edilsonm knows what's in an order marker edilsonm knows what's in an order marker
custom plant bases

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...709&original=1

Last edited by edilsonm; September 1st, 2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 12:04 AM

1-2. Pick out a hex tile and use moldeling clay, and create your ground
add leaves logs whatever you feel makes the piece.

3-4. Place your plants on the clay to make impressions.

5-6. Glue a holder on the bottom of tile, this will prevent top from touching bottom of container, place in your selected container.

7-8. I used high strength 3 molding rubber, has more flex and will hold up use after use, follow instructions and pour in container, the mixture should be poured flush to the bottom of the tile, and make sure you pour inside the hex base also.

9-10 When mold is fully cured make sure to mark the top, what corners go together as in pic 10, then pop out original and clean mold with soap and warm water.

11-12. I used Allumilite plastic compound resin with green dye, mix according to instructions pour halfway and place top mold in place make sure your markings line up, the plastic mixture will rise just flush with top of mold.

13-15 When fully cured pop out, inspect for burrs and sand accordenly, check that the piece stacks and joins with other tiles as seen in pic 14 and 15.

16 Remember those indentations made earlier with your plants, now drill them out just enough to glue your plants in place I use 5 min epoxy works well

17 Now you can paint to bring out textures or whatever as seen in pic 17. I also completed a bamboo plant on a single hex.

Last edited by edilsonm; September 15th, 2011 at 10:05 PM. Reason: And boom goes the dynamite!!
Old August 3rd, 2011, 12:58 AM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I enjoyed reading this and the pictures where interesting. Thanks for posting this
Old August 3rd, 2011, 05:03 AM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker

This looks pretty cool. The bases seem like they're a bit thicker compared to the jungle, but I don't have it and am just going by pictures. I'm probably wrong. I really need to jump on the molding bandwagon. + Rep.
Old August 31st, 2011, 06:34 PM

I did acouple different plant bases.

Last edited by edilsonm; September 15th, 2011 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Supa fly!!
Old August 31st, 2011, 07:12 PM
Loves This Site!

ZODGILLA! Woo who?

Nicely done, simplifying the molding process into a single step. Me likey.

ZODGILLA!
Not bad monster.
(Ten foot tall and bulletproof.)
Old August 31st, 2011, 07:17 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Looks great, edilsonm. The jungle plants are great but they do love to fall apart. This is a good solution and they look even better than they did before.

Can you tell me what figure that is? I like him.

Thanks.

~Spite
Old August 31st, 2011, 08:57 PM

Thanks!! Thats Man Thing, Marvel's answer to DC's Swamp Thing.

Last edited by edilsonm; September 15th, 2011 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Brave and the Bold!!
Old August 31st, 2011, 10:43 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

These look great! The only plant I see missing there is the CHI Grass looking plant and they would be an almost match to the orignals.

I love how you made the molds, I dont see the pictures for them any more, are they posted some where else or did you take them down?
Old August 31st, 2011, 11:07 PM
Loves This Site!

ZODGILLA! Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll View Post
These look great! The only plant I see missing there is the CHI Grass looking plant and they would be an almost match to the orignals.

I love how you made the molds, I dont see the pictures for them any more, are they posted some where else or did you take them down?
The link for the pic's are on post #3 above ^.

ZODGILLA!
Not bad monster.
(Ten foot tall and bulletproof.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles