Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old November 4th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Custom Unique Squad Contest!

Here are the rules!
  • You must make a unique squad. No other entries will be accepted.
  • It must consist of at least two figures (any more than four is questionable; 6 or more is probably a bad idea), and follow the standard rules of Heroscape. You must provide all the stats, such as Life, Move, Range, Attack, Defense, Cost; species, class, personality, size and height, the general it follows and at least one (but probably no more than four) special powers.
  • The judging date will be Sunday, November 23.
  • There will be five areas of judging:
  • Originality - it's OK to use common powers like Slither, Disengage, Flying, and even Counter Attack or Phantom Walk, but don't make a clone of an existing figure! Modding existing units is fine, as is using figures from D&D minis, MageKnight, Star Wars minis, etc.
  • Playability - the advantage to reusing old ideas (see above) is that they are tested. If you do come up with something truly original, don't make the mistake of forgetting to make it playable. The unit must work with the rules as is and must not be overpowered or underpowered overall. Certain special powers, like those that allow you to affect a target plus every figure within two hexes, can really make a unit too powerful to play and be fun or competitive.
  • Clarity - make sure that the reader of your army card can tell whether the power affects friendly figures or merely those that you control. Make sure the player knows just how a movement power lets him move. Try to imagine all the questions that a person who is not living in your head would have when reading the exact wording. Ask for help in this forum! I will be glad to steer you toward clarity.
  • Theme - please don't expect to win with Orcs who follow Jandar! Elves follow Ullar, bugs follow Aquilla. Marro follow Utgar. Etc. I know that Ninjas have really been making the rounds since they first appeared for Einar, and Monks have shown bipartisanship - it's OK to show some variety! However, certain "sacred cows" should be respected unless you can do really good job of pulling it off - Soulborgs who follows Einar, for example, should probably be a pair of ancient, Greek-made, steam-driven automata. A good rule is that if the fit doesn't feel right, change the general. The other part of theme is fitting the powers to the unit. A slithering unit should be snakelike or have some really good reason to be in the water, like Water Suit. A flier should either have wings or be something like a Vampire or an Oriental Dragon.
  • Cost - if you are making Jotun's brothers, don't make him 50 points! On the other hand, a squad of three geese should probably cost about 10.
Post your entry either here or through PM to me, Taeblewalker. If you cannot make a card, someone will probably offer to make on for you. Just make sure the entry can fit entirely on one standard army card. Here are some links to get you started:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=9289

Please use card blanks, available at

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=269

Here is an Aquilla blank (a little hard to find among the others)

You can get the full resources here:

http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=3249

I will try to help guide you if your entry is subpar before the contest judging date.

Prizes will include:
An Agent Skahen
A Road to the Forgotten Forest set
Two 10th Regiment and Wolves sets
Two Grok Riders sets
An Ashigaru set
and a strategy guide wish list units. Check the list of completed units here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=10693

While we are talking strategy, if you like I can use your very own unit to write a strategy guide!

Good Luck!

Last edited by Taeblewalker; November 30th, 2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old November 5th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Custom Unique Squad Contest!

Skahen's Secret Agents

Bio:
"Go agents!!! I'll cover you." Skahen yelled as the Agents diaspered in a hurry. "You know our mission." One of Skahen's agents told the other. "We got to get to Agent Carr and warn him that they are comeing for him. We can't fell this mission,if we do then we will not come back from it." As they ran into building were Carr's hideout was. They ran up stairs to were Carr was pushing papers to find the candy bar he picked up. "Carr Whach out!!!" The agents yelled as a bullet shattered the window behind him and made its mark. However a bright light spun around him and disappred. As it disappered 2 men slammed the wall and shot both agents. "Welcome to Valhalla, Carr and Skahen and agents." Vydar said.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.

Last edited by iceman3317; November 11th, 2008 at 08:26 AM.
Old November 5th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Sorry I made these cards a while ago. I don't know why it isn't letting me zoom in on them. I can't remeber the special abilities and I can't read it. So if someone whould please get them were people can zoom in or something, please help.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old November 5th, 2008, 10:07 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

This sounds like fun, and I've been looking for an excuse to actually do something with the custom ideas I've been writing down in a notebook for a while now.

Do we have to have a figures to represent the unit?

-insert signature here-
Old November 5th, 2008, 10:49 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Hoo-rah! My favorite contest of the year! Didn't win anything last year, but I got high hopes! I've had the figures modded and photo'd for a while now, waiting for this. I'll get a card together tonight.
Old November 5th, 2008, 10:51 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Heh, gotta paint the couple Haloclix figures I have for this. I've had ideas for a while, but never finalized them.
Old November 5th, 2008, 12:10 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quick question, Taeblewalker. Are we allowed to use custom card blanks if they're still in the same format as the officals? With range/life/general/etc. all in the same spots?
Old November 5th, 2008, 12:39 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I was inspired by TheMedic when he created the custom hero MEDIC (will need to scroll down), to come up with a Medic Squad.

Just found my old notes and started adding to them.

Anyone know of any medic miniatures? I can use a set of AE as a fall back, but I wanted different sculpts and obvioulsly Medics with guns don't make much sense.

-insert signature here-
Old November 5th, 2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I was inspired by TheMedic when he created the custom hero MEDIC (will need to scroll down), to come up with a Medic Squad.

Just found my old notes and started adding to them.

Anyone know of any medic miniatures? I can use a set of AE as a fall back, but I wanted different sculpts and obvioulsly Medics with guns don't make much sense.
I used an AE for a common hero medic a while ago. I even used it in a contest. I'm no army buff, to be sure, but just giving him maybe 1 attack and 6 range like I did will show his lack of skill with a gun.
Old November 5th, 2008, 12:59 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Any chance of submitting or nominating a creation by another user? If so, I would like to throw these boys out there for consideration:

Dread Brothers by Jonathan:

Made from Einar Imperium, AE, and Krav.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old November 5th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

How long does this contest last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 5th, 2008, 03:08 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Thanks to bmaczero for creating this card for me. There is a typo in the Melee Quick Stike ability, but here's the correct wording.

Melee Quick Strike: If an Enforcer attacks an adjacent figure and deals at least one wound, he may attack either the same or a different adjacent figure one additional time.

Another Edit: Hit Zones added, but the Melee Quick Stike ability still contains a typo.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.

Last edited by The Silver Surfer; November 7th, 2008 at 03:03 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games