Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old January 29th, 2012, 12:58 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: The 1x BftU Challenge (Map Creation Contest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr View Post
Congratulations to all who made the final 8. Some great maps with limited terrain.
I am running a local tournament and this contest has inspired me to have all 8 maps be underdark maps. I will be using at least 3 maps from this contest as well as a number of maps using underdar and 1 or 2 expansions. I figure showcasing underdark will be good since onlookers from the larger gaming community at the convention will be able to see what the Underdark set has to offer and it is still widely available.
Eirikr, I can't wait to hear how your event goes. I'll be using almost exactly the same format for our upcoming NorCal/Bay Area tourney in April: the winners from our contest, plus some other maps each using 1x BftU and a single expansion.

Who knows, maybe Mika Connour and the Drow will finally feature in a tourney-winning army.
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

A new map inspired by this contest:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I submitted Subterranean Oasis to Typhon2222's 1x BftU Challenge, a map that I got too fixated on maintaining open traffic lanes instead of making, um, you know, a map that's actually fun and interesting to play on.

I started tweaking it shortly after the contest began, and pretty quickly Subterranean Oasis v1.1 became an entirely new map. The only thing remaining is the central pool of water with the glyph on it (shamelessly stolen from GameBear's Badru Valley).

So I present to you...

The map I wish I had entered: Karst
requires 1 BftU
supports 1 random power glyph

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old January 30th, 2012, 11:33 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Congratulations to all who made the final 8. Some great maps with limited terrain.
I am running a local tournament and this contest has inspired me to have all 8 maps be underdark maps. I will be using at least 3 maps from this contest as well as a number of maps using underdar and 1 or 2 expansions. I figure showcasing underdark will be good since onlookers from the larger gaming community at the convention will be able to see what the Underdark set has to offer and it is still widely available.
Eirikr, I can't wait to hear how your event goes. I'll be using almost exactly the same format for our upcoming NorCal/Bay Area tourney in April: the winners from our contest, plus some other maps each using 1x BftU and a single expansion.

Who knows, maybe Mika Connour and the Drow will finally feature in a tourney-winning army.
I am finding it much harder than I origionally anticipated. I am having a hard time finding maps that fit my criteria. In particular I am having a hard time finding suitable maps with 1xBftU + 1xTT and 1xBftU + 1x VW.
Still looking though.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old January 30th, 2012, 11:43 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
I am finding it much harder than I origionally anticipated. I am having a hard time finding maps that fit my criteria. In particular I am having a hard time finding suitable maps with 1xBftU + 1xTT and 1xBftU + 1x VW.
Still looking though.
So true. The only map I know of using 1xBftU + 1xTT is Ice Thistle.
And as for 1xBftU + 1xVW.... We've found none.

I may start more map contests....
Old January 30th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Besides its problem of being a day late, I am a big fan of Subterranean Oasis v1.1. It has interacting zones with good uses of LoS blockers and shadow to keep it (apparently) balanced between melee and range. The single glyph between the ridges should keep things lively.

This is my favorite of all the your side/my side maps I've seen in this thread.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 31st, 2012, 01:46 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I prefer the one lurking in Typhon's signature. Getting the LoS blockers between the best high ground and the glyphs helps a lot.
Old January 31st, 2012, 10:47 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
I am having a hard time finding suitable maps with 1xBftU + 1xTT and 1xBftU + 1x VW.
There are very few maps using only those sets. Adding an extra BftU, Marvel, or Castle set increases your options significantly. Here are a few; I am sure there are many more. Maps with an asterisk have been reviewed by the BoV.

1 BftU + 1 TT
Spoiler Alert!

2 BftU + 1 TT
Spoiler Alert!

1 BftU + 1 Castle + 1 TT
Spoiler Alert!

1 BftU + 1 TT + 1 VW
Spoiler Alert!

2 BftU + 1 VW
Spoiler Alert!

1 BftU + 1 Marvel + 1 VW
Spoiler Alert!

1 BftU + 1 Castle + 1 VW
Old January 31st, 2012, 02:25 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Besides its problem of being a day late, I am a big fan of Subterranean Oasis v1.1. It has interacting zones with good uses of LoS blockers and shadow to keep it (apparently) balanced between melee and range. The single glyph between the ridges should keep things lively.

This is my favorite of all the your side/my side maps I've seen in this thread.
Thanks D_S. I honestly think that Karst would have had a chance to finish in the top 4 if I had it done 2 weeks ago. Oh well. I think that my inspiration was actually improved by being able to fiddle with it at a little more leisurely pace.

Design notes, for anyone interested:
Spoiler Alert!

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games