Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old February 12th, 2017, 09:50 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Books: What are you currently reading?

I've been reading The Lions of Al-Rassan by Guy Gavriel Kay lately. I wasn't sure what to expect from this one, but I've found it thoroughly engrossing. It takes place in a fictional setting designed to closely resemble Moorish Spain, giving it the feel of historical fiction. It has Ice and Fire-esque political intrigue, but the cast isn't quite as sprawling, and, despite being a fantasy novel, magic is practically non-existent. Overall, the novel has been a very pleasant surprise to me, and will definitely be keeping my free time occupied over the next week or so.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old February 12th, 2017, 10:13 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Shrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I am not sure exposure is needed. Not like anyone had Labyrinth exposure.
I've definitely "stolen" from other works before. I don't think anything has been specifically from Pern (I could be forgetting though). As for that being the theme (like Yoshi's Island), that's what I was speaking to rather than creating a story or character with Pernese influence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
Just finished reading Ready Player One for the second time. I really hope they don't screw the movie up!
Yes. Very yes.

~Dysole, who was very impressed with Ready Player One

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books