Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:49 AM

ZAKOVANI is surprisingly tart
Re: The Chitauri ARE the Marro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAKOVANI View Post
Ever since they added the 13th sign (who knows why? I mean, c'mon?) I don't know what to do- stick with what I was or go on to the new one.... haha.
Just use the one that was in effect when you were born. It didn't change until well after that.
That's probably what I should do for my psychology homework, too, haha.....
We have to compare our behavior for a week compared to our horoscope for a week.
Old May 24th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
The one thing I didn't like about the movie was that once the main ship blew up, all the alien soldiers (including the flying slug thing) suddenly dropped dead like the droids in The Phantom Menace. They made is seem like the flying space slug was an actual living creature with all the teeth and Iron Man flying into the 'belly of the whale' to destroy it. I was sitting their thinking it was like a war elephant, some huge creature armored and turned into a war machine. Then suddenly it drops dead as if it were only a remote controlled android. Because of that, I'm not seeing the Marro comparisons. Unless you are going to let all your Marro figures suddenly die when the Hive does.
I was waiting for this point. Not that I have a good answer, but I knew someone was going to make it.

OK, so I do have some answers:
a) Dramatic license. Come on folks, they wanted to end the movie neatly, without any long pointless mop up battle. You all KNOW this is why they did it.

b) Copyright infringement, "Hey, look, the Marro don't die when their leader is destroyed."

c) As ZAKOVANI says, perhaps all the warriors were under mind control. Heck, maybe they were actually zombies. That, I could believe. A Zombie army would be a general's wet dream.

d) We're talking 10,000 years in the future, maybe they've found the benefits of such a mindlink outweighs the risks. Sounds crazy to me, but we don't really know what the benefits are.

But yes, they did make sure there was one obvious difference between advanced Marro and the Chitauri. One.
Old May 24th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
But yes, they did make sure there was one obvious difference between advanced Marro and the Chitauri. One.
I didn't see any Chitauri cloning in the movie...

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old May 24th, 2012, 12:49 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

They do that in private.
Old May 24th, 2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Quote:

They do that in private.
It is a very personal experience, and most Marro are shy about it....
Old June 1st, 2012, 11:41 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I thought the CHitauri were very future-marro also.

I guess they were all 'mind-linked' or something.

Also worth mentioning that Loki's helmet looked pretty stupid. It didnt portray 'menacing, tough, deadly, evil bad guy'. It portrayed more like 'what the heck were you thinking when you picked out that helmet? Are you trying to be gazelle or something?' (At least that is what I was thinking).

Otherwise a greatly entertaining movie to watch.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 12:34 AM

Kinda like the Armor of the Old Gods from Skyrim? That is what his helmet reminded me of.
Old June 7th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
...Also worth mentioning that Loki's helmet looked pretty stupid. It didnt portray 'menacing, tough, deadly, evil bad guy'. It portrayed more like 'what the heck were you thinking when you picked out that helmet? Are you trying to be gazelle or something?' (At least that is what I was thinking).
But I got to say, this is Loki's traditional helmet. You can see it in the Avengers cartoon, and any Thor comic book where his bro makes an appearance.
Old June 9th, 2012, 02:08 AM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know it is his 'classic helmet' from back in the day when those comics first came about. Wiki tells me that is back in 1949. Maybe it looked 'scary and tough' back then. Just doesnt really translate the 'scary and tough' look into the present age very well.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old June 9th, 2012, 09:13 AM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

My over-all impression of Loki is that he isn't very tough and scary. Thor is tough. The Chitauri are scary. Loki is a trickster. That's what he does- deceive.
Old June 9th, 2012, 09:45 AM

His voice is annoying, too. (Loki's)
Old June 9th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I really like his helmet. It reminds me of Hellboy's full grown horns.

They are pretty big horns, I wonder what Loki is compensating for...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion