Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old October 22nd, 2010, 03:37 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Maps-Updated 9/20

IMHO, "gulch" is more indicative of 'Scape's multi-genre mishmash than *yawn* "ravine." It brings Westerns to mind. A volcano, the Old West, a dragon--that's HeroScape.

(Also makes me think of Harryhausen's The Valley of Gwangi, where cowboys try to lasso an angry allosaurus)

Old October 30th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Maps-Updated 10/30

Good points, Scott. I think I'll hold off on the name change for now, and wait to see what some of the judges have to say about the map. If I just end up revamping it, I'll probably just rename that. We'll see.

Anyway, a few updates for this thread. First, a couple maps (these things seem to be coming in pairs quite a bit):

Clever Name

Spoiler Alert!

Assassin's Tomb

Spoiler Alert!

As always, comments and criticism are welcome-these maps won't get better without it.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; October 31st, 2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Valley of Gwangi-I've wanted to see that since I was a kid. No time like the present...
Old November 26th, 2010, 10:19 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Maps-Updated 11/26

After many games of playtesting, it's new map time:

Don't Call it a Comeback...

Spoiler Alert!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; November 27th, 2010 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Hey, it's my 300th post.
Old November 26th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool map. I'll have to try it out sometime.

~Rednax
Old November 29th, 2010, 01:32 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

These are some good maps - you've come a long way from your QuickMap. I like the RotV only maps a lot (always looking for great small maps!) especially FloodPlains which I will have to try.

BTW we played Hot Crossed Buns at the Draft tourney I set up and people I guess liked it although I got no direct feedback. We had like 4-5 lava maps but I am surprised not many people brought units with the lava resistant power to draft as I think Shurrak or Moltenclow would clean up on it.
Old November 29th, 2010, 06:41 PM

Thanks for the compliments, rednax and lefton4ya. If you use any of these, let me know what you think-I'm always looking for ways to improve my maps. And thanks for letting me know about the tourney-I always like to hear my maps are used and added it to the front page.

10 Points Under Videos

Old December 4th, 2010, 08:30 PM

I had work off this week, which means I had extra time to build and playtest another map, one I've been planning for a while and finally got to work. And so, I give you:

Durgeth Falls

Spoiler Alert!

10 Points Under Videos

Old January 9th, 2011, 10:33 PM

Re: BiggaBullfrog's Maps-Moltenclaw's Gulch Updated 1/9

I've been messing around with Moltenclaw's Gulch the past month or so, which has resulted in what is, IMO, a better map:

Moltenclaw's Gulch

Spoiler Alert!

Major changes from earlier version:

-You can now climb over the side of the gulch itself-it's a dangerous path but really helps the map breathe.
-Pathway to the left of the start zone is now more easily accessible.
-And it all started when UtahScott suggested actually raising the water spaces by Moltenclaw's perch-allowing more units to engage and also allowing easier access to both the middle and left paths.

10 Points Under Videos

Old January 9th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

Very nice looking! I think I'll be trying that out soon.
Old January 11th, 2011, 02:05 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I've been messing around with Moltenclaw's Gulch the past month or so, which has resulted in what is, IMO, a better map:

Moltenclaw's Gulch
Bigga, I've been messing around with the new build and have several suggestions that will kick it up to 11. Short version: you've opened it up laterally, but it can be opened up even more.
Old January 11th, 2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Bigga, I've been messing around with the new build and have several suggestions that will kick it up to 11. Short version: you've opened it up laterally, but it can be opened up even more.
Great! Your last suggestion really helped; I'm eager to see what you've got.

10 Points Under Videos

Old January 13th, 2011, 09:21 PM

Moltenclaw PM sent.
(It's times like these I need to complete my VS build to share maps... )

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios