Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

View Poll Results: Do you use order markers
Yes, all the time. 130 87.84%
Only if I have to (competitions, etc.) 9 6.08%
Absolutely not. 9 6.08%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 4th, 2011, 06:31 PM

Billtrumpet25 is surprisingly tart
Order markers...use 'em or lose 'em?

Some people use them; some people don't. It's all about preference. I know my friends don't want anything to do with them, saying that they just hamper progress. I'm curious if others have similar feelings.

Sorry about the poll everyone...there were supposed to be 4 options, one of which is "Either way works"...I had a duh moment...

If you want this fourth option (as I do not know how to edit polls), just list it in your reply.

Last edited by Billtrumpet25; July 5th, 2011 at 11:25 AM. Reason: forgot poll entry
Old July 4th, 2011, 06:36 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Order markers...use 'em or lose 'em?

Of course I use them, the game loses easily 30+% of its strategy without them.
Old July 4th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

I recommend using Order Markers as strongly as I recommend using Search.

Here are just a few threads where this topic has been discussed in depth:
What's in an Order Marker?
Dude, where's your X? (Order Markers part II)
What's in a Marvel Order Marker
Order Markers
We Love Order Markers
Order Markers?
Does anyone else not use order markers?
Do you use order markers?
Someone care to explain what the point of order markers are?
Throw your order markers away!
Do You Use Order Markers?
etc. etc. etc.
Old July 4th, 2011, 06:54 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtrumpet25 View Post
Some people use them; some people don't. It's all about preference. I know my friends don't want anything to do with them, saying that they just hamper progress. I'm curious if others have similar feelings.
You're about the only person I've seen who doesn't use them. They are the main feature of what makes Heroscape Heroscape. To be honest I don't see any point to playing without them. They don't hamper progress. They keep the game fair, balanced, and fun.

Old July 4th, 2011, 07:01 PM

Charr21 Woo who?

I use to never use Order Markers. I found it annoying putting the markers on every round and rolling initiative every round. But I have been training for GenCon and have found something:

Order Markers are there to make the game better

They help you focus your strategy. Without Order Markers, you can attack with any person anytime you want. With Order Markers, they limit who you attack with as well as the other side too. So they make it much easier to kill that one annoying hero that is destroying your army (*cough cough* Cyprien). So...

ALWAYS USE ORDER MARKERS!!

The best thing to say when your best unit has been destroyed:

What is this?
Old July 4th, 2011, 07:06 PM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

Order Markers, 3D customizable maps and awesome figures make Heroscape.

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 4th, 2011, 08:19 PM
A cool title

shafizele is surprisingly tart

I use them when i feel like it, isn't that the point of heroscape? Customize/personalize gameplay

Whatever you do, DO NOT read this, it's completely pointless.
Old July 4th, 2011, 08:43 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafizele View Post
I use them when i feel like it, isn't that the point of heroscape? Customize/personalize gameplay
No silly, the point is to follow all the rules...

OR DIE!!!

Old July 4th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

At first, I'm embarrassed to say i did not use them. Then I realized how cool it is to kill the figure your opponent had three markers on.
Old July 4th, 2011, 11:02 PM
has been BANNED

jammer397 costs too much!

I got a question that I'm not sure of when it comes to order markers. I play the Marvel version. I want to know how to work out order makers. Let's say I'm playing the X-Men. My team is Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, Beast, Jean Grey, Shadowcat, Colossus, and Bishop. That's a boat load of heroes. Would I still play only the normal 4 markers with this many heroes or what?

I did have so ideas play I would like more info.
Old July 4th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer397 View Post
I got a question that I'm not sure of when it comes to order markers. I play the Marvel version. I want to know how to work out order makers. Let's say I'm playing the X-Men. My team is Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, Beast, Jean Grey, Shadowcat, Colossus, and Bishop. That's a boat load of heroes. Would I still play only the normal 4 markers with this many heroes or what?

Always the 4 order markers.

That's why you also have to manage your army. Too many units on the field can create havok.

Last edited by MegaSilver; July 4th, 2011 at 11:19 PM. Reason: The "best" OM management is only 2 or 3 cards with the order markers, IMO.
Old July 4th, 2011, 11:23 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer397 View Post

That's a boatload of points...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles