Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 28th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness
MARS Battles on other Worlds! Feb 18 & 19

MARS BATTLES ON OTHER WORLDS

After tirelessly battling year after year in Valhalla, the MARS crew decide to take a little vacation on other worlds. Little did they know that the fight would come to them.

Date: 2/18/2012 – Noon to Finish (Store closes at 10pm)
2/19/2012 – 2pm to Finish (Store closes at 8pm)
* No entry/No fees – Just show up and play

929 S High St
West Chester, PA 19382
484 905-5533

Format: We will be trying out a variety of games in a non-tournament (casual) game day. Games we will be playing as a large group will be:
* Battlestar Galactica
* Catacombs
* Cosmic Encounters
* Tide of Iron

Please be there at 12pm so we can pick our first game and start playing.*

In addition, we may play a variety of other games including:
* Star Trek Fleet Captains
* Dominion
* Pandemic
* Monster Apocalypse
* Lord of Rings Card Game
* And others…

PLAYING (So Far):
Saturday
1) PeteParkerh
2) Spidysox
3) MadWookie
4) Tom
5) Hewston
6) Johngee
7) TheEpicAlpaca????

Sunday
1) PeteParkerh
2) Tom???
3) Spidysox???

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.

Last edited by peteparkerh; February 16th, 2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Added who is coming.
Old January 28th, 2012, 07:16 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
Re: MARS Battles on other Worlds! Feb 18 & 19

I'm in for at least Saturday. Hopefully Sunday as well.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old January 28th, 2012, 08:00 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

In for Saturday.

I'll bring my MonPoc stuff. Karl's got an awesome library, and I can bring anything from my collection that folks want to try.

Last edited by mad_wookiee; January 28th, 2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:57 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I should be good to go for Saturday and possibly Sunday.

I would love to get in a few games of MonPoc. I haven't played that one in forever. Catacombs would be another fun game to try with the group. It is a dungeon explorer game with flicking discs!

I would also be willing to bring some games from my collection as well.
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Updated who is potentially coming. Also, when suggesting a game, please let me know how many players is it optimum for. For example, Battlestar Galactica is great for 5-6 even though it plays with less and Start Trek Fleet Captains is optimum for 2 although it can do 4.

Old January 30th, 2012, 04:29 PM

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh View Post
Updated who is potentially coming. Also, when suggesting a game, please let me know how many players is it optimum for. For example, Battlestar Galactica is great for 5-6 even though it plays with less and Start Trek Fleet Captains is optimum for 2 although it can do 4.
Monsterpocalyse is primarily 2 player but can be played with 4 I think.

Catacombs will work with 2-5 but would be best with 5.

I can also bring Ascending Empires (2-4) and Dungeon Run (2-6).
Old January 30th, 2012, 05:04 PM

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

I'd love to play some Catacombs.

The biggest problem that I have with MonPoc is that it seems like it has a steep learning curve. It may be a game that is best played by people who are already familiar with it (imho).

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old January 31st, 2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post

The biggest problem that I have with MonPoc is that it seems like it has a steep learning curve. It may be a game that is best played by people who are already familiar with it (imho).
Its not that bad with all of the cheat sheet cards I have printed up. I have only played a handful of games and really don't have a clue what I am doing anyway. Besides, you can never learn without trying.
Old January 31st, 2012, 11:08 AM
Mayor of Scape City

I'm working on setting up some 5-6 player games with a mix of the 2 player games in between.

Old January 31st, 2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Quote:

Its not that bad with all of the cheat sheet cards I have printed up. I have only played a handful of games and really don't have a clue what I am doing anyway. Besides, you can never learn without trying.
The other problem I have with MonPoc is that I imagine that I'll probably love it and can't afford another game

BTW Tom, I just noticed what was added to your title!

Old January 31st, 2012, 06:09 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
BTW Tom, I just noticed what was added to your title!
Old January 31st, 2012, 08:56 PM

Northgate knows what's in an order marker Northgate knows what's in an order marker

Please put Mason, Justine, and myself down as possibles for Saturday. If we can attend, we could bring summoner wars, battleship galaxies, and 3 versions of ticket to ride, if you would like.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events