Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 1st, 2012, 11:24 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: CHCG24 Discussion Thread

I do agree, I think, that 60pts is a tad low. It's difficult to tell without playtesting, but that speed plus 4 attack plus multiple activation potential does add up, and that's all backed up by 3 life/3 defense. That won't last long, but it's a lot better survivability than 1 life and will probably give him a full order marker once on the front lines.

My feeling would be 60pts at 2 life, 70-80pts at 3 life. Again, that's just feeling, not playtesting.
Old November 1st, 2012, 11:26 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

What do you guys think about 6 life with 1 defense at ~60 points?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 1st, 2012, 11:31 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I think it's really interesting. Does it feel right? ... I dunno... Not much experience with 1 defense figures. Gut feeling is that 5 life would fit better, but Marcu gets away with 6 and healing, so...
Old November 1st, 2012, 11:31 AM

Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I've always had a hard time with life/defense balance, so I don't feel qualified to really weigh in on this one.

I'd recommend doing a playtest with 3/3, and doing one with 6/1 and just seeing which one feels better, then point based on whichever is most fun.

Is there a specific reason you're trying to keep him at 60 points? (I've got a custom that I'd fight pretty hard to keep at 90 points, because of how it meshes with the army I have in mind.)

Ashus is Empress Kiova...
in The Cave of Hope...
Old November 1st, 2012, 11:36 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm not actually shooting for 60 points, but I think the 4 attack, 1 defense, 6 life combo is really interesting and makes sense for this character.

The stat-line is identical to Marcu's, but the power set, synergies, point-cost, and left-side is very different.

--
--
--

--
Old November 1st, 2012, 11:43 AM

Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I'm not actually shooting for 60 points, but I think the 4 attack, 1 defense, 6 life combo is really interesting and makes sense for this character.

The stat-line is identical to Marcu's, but the power set, synergies, point-cost, and left-side is very different.
But I think one of the things really keeping Marcu's cost down is his tendency to turn on you. I don't remember which thread it was, but someone had remade Marcu as identical, but without the risk of self-harm, and he was pointed over 100.

I think the 6 life/1 defense Outcast could feasibly be in the 70-80 point area, but I think 60 would really be pushing it.

in The Cave of Hope...
Old November 1st, 2012, 11:46 AM

I can believe it.

Marcu also has flying and life drain, but I'm fine with 80.

--
--
--

--
Old November 1st, 2012, 11:50 AM

Then I'd say at 80 points, 6 life, 1 defense, and fixing the typos/adding "Hunter Hero" to The Hunt 11, I could give this a thumbs up and send him off for playtesting.

in The Cave of Hope...
Old November 1st, 2012, 12:43 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is the figure used in the current card Wolfsbane?

I am trying to figure out if I would put The Outcast in a hunter build or a frenzy build. I think that I would probably put it in a frenzy build and then have a few other hunters.

Looks like a cool figure. I am excited to see how you guys workshop it and finish it.
Old November 1st, 2012, 12:48 PM

I changed the wording on THE HUNT 11 to match more closely with the Werewolf Lord's Moon Frenzy.

Frenzy is the standard frenzy from all three Classic units that have it, now.

-Ashus

P.S. Thanks to superfrog for the Photoshop work on the figure/hit zones; I just stole the work he did and copied it onto the new powers/stats.

in The Cave of Hope...
Old November 1st, 2012, 12:49 PM

from me for the Outcast, using this card.

in The Cave of Hope...
Old November 1st, 2012, 12:49 PM

The figure is Wolfsbane, yes.

Nice card, Ashus.

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; November 1st, 2012 at 12:54 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards