Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 24th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Most Disappointing Unit

dis⋅ap⋅point

/ˌdɪsəˈpɔɪnt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [dis-uh-point]

–verb (used with object)
1. to fail to fulfill the expectations or wishes of: His gross ingratitude disappointed us.
2. to defeat the fulfillment of (hopes, plans, etc.); thwart; frustrate: to be disappointed in love. –verb (used without object)
3. to bring or cause disappointment.
Origin:
1400–50; late ME < MF desappointer.

With over 100 different units that have come out in 8 Waves over the courses of several years, Heroscape has grown into a vast game. On the eve of Wave 9, much speculation surrounds the mysterious Marro figure that Truth posted a picture of on the front page. Looking back through various threads (as well as searching for an existing thread), I noticed that many people feel that some characters look awesome in concept, but when it comes to playing, they just plain suck (hence, Embrace the Suck).

For example,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
I so wanna know what those Gladiators do! I may just draft those guys on their looks. Too cool. Any speculation?
The purpose of this thread is to vent about your most disappointing Heroscape character or squad. This is not who is better or worse, but who were you disappointed by. Some of us newer guys have not yet experienced this yet, so I hope the older members of the community can give us an impression of what it feels like.

Post what you expected before the card came out and why you were disappointed with the official card.

~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old December 24th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Most Disappointing Unit

Way back when I first got into 'scape, it had only been about 3 weeks or so since I got ROTV, my brother came over to play. He shows up and is all excited. He tells me he just stopped by TRU on the way over and they had new units for the game, even better, he bought them. I saw what he brought and thought it looked awesome. Turns out, he had picked up Snipers and Vipers, and the Roman pack. Told you this was way back. I was excited to see what these new guys could do, alas, when I opened them and read the card, I thought defence 0, these snakes suck. Attack of 1 for these snipers, they suck. So, at the time I was disappointed with those units.
I've since come to understand more about the game and do like the Vipers to some extent. Although I'm not sure I'll ever use the Omnicrons.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old December 24th, 2008, 06:51 PM

Kaemon n' Raelin Dude is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I'd have to say Eldgrim for the following reasons:

1) When he first arrived I was pretty upset about him not being a dwarf.

2) I also really liked that Finn and Thorgrim (the brothers) sort of mirrored each other and Eldgrim kind of ruined that symetry.

3) Also, he was okay at his release time, but has had a slow downhill path. Four units have been released since then that are less-than-thirty-pointers. In my opinion he just doesn't compare to these.

4) Lastly, the "Heroscape Times" (if I can call them that) are changing. A "filler" is no longer 30 points. It's 10 or 20.

The day I will stop loving Heroscape... The same day pickles will sing and sharks will fly.
Old December 24th, 2008, 06:52 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Hm...
The Lava chunkers.
They made me sick.
"Oh sweet! Those lava guys look awesome! I wonder what they do? I bet they rock!"
"That is the best you can do?"
Wasted anticipation.

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old December 24th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Grok Riders. Finrod ragged on Reqman for saying that they cost too much when we first saw the card, but I've got to agree. 130 points for a 3 defense melee squad is asking for trouble. Maybe if you're facing an all melee hero army, you can swing it, but... it's tough. What's disappointing is that they look so cool, but they just die too quickly. Maybe some of the new Marro in Wave 9 will help fix them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 24th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Definitely the Grok. And I was pretty disappointed by the 10th. Even though their really good, I'm a bit miffed that they stole the 4th Mass's thunder.
Old December 24th, 2008, 07:34 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I thought that Mimring was gonna be sweet when i got him, but he has never survived past the second round for me. The fire line thing sounds cool but i have never had Mimring long enough to use it.
Old December 24th, 2008, 07:45 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I'll echo the Groks here. I love Marro, and these guys were just a dissapointment.

I have to say I experienced some dismay upon seeing Isamu's card for the first time, but I've since changed my mind.
Old December 24th, 2008, 07:57 PM

bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Any Unique hero with only one ability, especially if that ability is a recycled one from an old wave (i.e. Zetacron). Booorrr-ing.

MSE: Easy Heroscape Card Creation
V2.5 Expanded Glyphs
Old December 24th, 2008, 07:59 PM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For me, the Gorillinators looked like an awesome concept.

Then I got to read the stats. "Tough" ain't very tough.

I tried to like them, but had much more success with the Microcorp from the same wave and haven't drafted them in years.

Old December 24th, 2008, 09:14 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart

I would hae to say the Obsidian Guards.

I would have to say they have a pretty swee sculpt with the half opaque bodies and stuff.
But when they came out, they didn't fair so well. actually they didn't fair at all, I dont draft them usually but have to admit they look cool.

DeadEye
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:21 PM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation

I know I'll get shot for this, but Q9 dissappoints me. Everyone online talks about how he is almighty and killer, but when my group plays, he always dies from Sujoah or Zetacron.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units