Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 18th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Heroscape Dungeons and Dragons!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:

Fair enough. However how is that supposed to be taken. Maybe I'm jaded, but I see that as DnD is what we love and you'll love it too or you'll get nothing.
I could be wrong but this futhers the "myth"?? that Wotc loves DnD and Magic to the expense of all others.
Why are you drawing any conclusion at all is what I am asking? The only thing I see from any of this is that there will be three D&D themed releases next year. Beyond that, is is all a huge unknown.

Your right, it is unknown. However, I'll probably get good odds in vegas that DnD scape is all we'll ever see again though. I'll leave our conversation at that.
I would bet against you on that. But I am of the belief that Heroscape has reached classic status and that it will be recirculated many times throughout our lives.
Re-issues yes, I agree. I'm talking about new "original flavor" scape. Kyries, Marro, Agents, soulborgs, things like that.

As to getting to big box again so FLGS' and big box can share the wealth. Hasbro couldn't get the game into FLGS' because Wal-mart has much more buying power.
The owner of my FLGS, whom I have a good relationship with, told me he couldn't carry scape in the past because Wal-mart sold it much cheaper than he could.
I appluad WoTC's efforts to make this more FLGS friendly. However, I fear that if it goes back to big box en mass again, FLGS' would run into the same problem all over. Why would people buy scape at their FLGS when they can ride to the big box down the street and get it for 3 to 4 bucks cheaper per pack.
Maybe an across the board price for everyone, but volume discounts still exsist and FLGS can't buy as much as big box.
Big box is driving all the little people out in this manner, not just relavant to scape, but to everyone.
So who is to blame for that? I personally do not shop Walmart. I would prefer to pay more at an FLGS.

And no I am not talking about re-issue. Classic status for Heroscape is like Battleship. It is something that can be re-branded and kept going for decades, and that includes classic as well. Why would anybody be preaching the death of a game in a an industry that adores and relies on brand recognition?

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News