Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

View Poll Results: Which is your preferred release format?
Wave sized, less frequent releases 11 31.43%
Bosster sized, more frequent releases 24 68.57%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 24th, 2014, 06:33 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Which is your preferred release format for HoSS?

As we diligently work away on testing HoSS designs for the Empire Strikes Back and begin the design stages of designs for Return of the Jedi, we have a question:

What style of release format do you prefer?

We have considered waiting until we have an entire wave worth of figures ready to go, then releasing all at once. We have also considered doing smaller but more frequent booster sized releases (i.e. - a release would have approximately 3-5 figures).

Which would you prefer? Or if there's some other preference you have, choose 'Other' and post it here.

Edit: Can't edit polls. It's Booster sized not Bosster sized.
Old September 24th, 2014, 06:43 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Which is your preferred release format for HoSS?

I don't have a strong preference, but the Wave-sized releases gives people more time to get acclimated to all the new units before they have to start all over again.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 24th, 2014, 07:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

In general terms:

Wave Release = once per year featuring 3-4 boosters.

Booster Release = once every 3-4 months, featuring 1 booster.

Other = Could mean a mix of both or some other format you suggest that we like.
Old September 24th, 2014, 09:34 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

That's a hard question to answer.
Old September 24th, 2014, 09:38 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just suck it up and do a Wave Release every 3-4 months...problem solved...

Just kidding....really kidding I know how much work goes into this.

In reality I think 3-4 months is plenty of time to get to know a set so I think the smaller booster sets would be cool.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 24th, 2014, 11:34 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Once a year seems too infrequent for me. I think I'd prefer small boosters based on themes. I. E. Rebel Alliance Heroes, then Sith from the prequel trilogy, that kind of thing.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 25th, 2014, 11:38 AM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

I too feel like waiting a year for sets is too long, it would be easy to lose momentum, and I think more frequent releases would help new players getting into the game too.
Old September 25th, 2014, 12:00 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's a good point. Smaller booster means more time on the front page and more exposure so the likelihood of someone randomly popping by and getting excited for Star Wars heroscape would be greater.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 26th, 2014, 10:00 PM

reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd prefer full wave releases, but agree that a year is a long time to wait in between so I'm voting for booster releases.
Old September 26th, 2014, 11:47 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

As a side note, more and faster playtests would increase how quickly waves/boosters are completed
Old September 27th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Either smaller boosters or a full wave with a few exclusives sprinkles in. Perhaps those could be from any time(movie).

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 22nd, 2014, 08:01 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

As many as I can get my hands on, I eat this stuff up like candy. But really, I think if you give people a smaller amount of stuff to play with at one time, they are more likely to appreciate it, and play with more of the figures you release. Rather than see the whole wave and pic a couple of favorites to play with. So I'm going to pick the smaller releases. That way I can get excited about hoss more times. keep up the good work.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape