Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old January 28th, 2016, 08:25 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

I was just 12 (I'm 22 now) when I first started playing. Honestly, until about a month and a half ago, I hadn't done more than move the boxes that were storing my heroscape. The last game before that was probably in 2010, because I remember having heard that they were going to release another master set soon, but I never saw it, and it wasn't released yet. I still liked the game, and I made sure to be careful with it when ever I moved it, and I never stacked anything heavy on it, but for some reason, I never got it out again. What got me to play again was my brother. He sold me everything he had, which was a base master set, SotM master set, a castle set, a marvel set, and a road set. I was glad to get the extra terrain, and some common squads from SotM, but I already had everything else. When he and I stopped playing he let me keep all the small expansions we had gathered. I have every large expansion except the frozen Thaelenk Tundra.(If anyone is willing to sell me a complete tundra set for a reasonable price, I would love you)

Anyway, back to the topic...
@Maklar the Silver Prince Would you, as a player that uses the original dice, accept a card that required you to roll the newer dice when attacking, or defending against it?
Old January 28th, 2016, 08:38 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
@Maklar the Silver Prince Would you, as a player that uses the original dice, accept a card that required you to roll the newer dice when attacking, or defending against it?
Not in VC. As someone's custom, sure, it would be great. I might even play with it honestly. But I don't think the original game would have released something like it, so I don't think it would be right for VC. If C3V released a figure with an ability that mentioned the blank faces of the dice, or if SoV inducted something, I would seriously reconsider the quality of both organizations.

Sorry for getting you off track. but I'm glad you got us back on topic.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old January 28th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's what's great about C3G. We are customs based off the Marvel set, which only ever used the white dice, so powers referencing blanks are plentiful.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 28th, 2016, 10:32 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

For HoSS, we also use the newer dice for a lot of the powers, and our first Master Set specified that you should use the newer dice.
Old January 28th, 2016, 11:42 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Drawing a Blank

I do not foresee a power referencing blanks coming to fruition from VC excepting something like Valkyrie general dice.

~Dysole, compatibly
Old January 28th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Not in VC. As someone's custom, sure, it would be great. I might even play with it honestly. But I don't think the original game would have released something like it, so I don't think it would be right for VC. If C3V released a figure with an ability that mentioned the blank faces of the dice, or if SoV inducted something, I would seriously reconsider the quality of both organizations.

Sorry for getting you off track. but I'm glad you got us back on topic.
Honestly, I think this is kind of ridiculous - allowing referencing blanks opens up so many possibilities for powers you couldn't really do otherwise. It would be a massive shame to let that goldmine of possibilities go to waste because it wasn't something the designers would do - and really, how do you know that? You wouldn't have thought powers based on revealing the X Order Marker would have been something the designers would do until the very last wave, but then we got Siege and Evar Scarcarver.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 28th, 2016, 01:13 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Firing Blanks

Because the designers had to account for Scapers who did not have the new dice. They could not require you to not use the classic dice and so all powers had to be compatible with those dice.

~Dysole, observationally
Old January 28th, 2016, 02:11 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

The red and blue dice are also really useful for solo playtesting. You can roll the attack and defense dice at the same time, in the same hand, etc. Saves a little time over the course of a game.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 28th, 2016, 11:28 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Just say "dice rolled that do not show [shields/skulls]" clears it up no matter which dice you rolled, but increases the odds by 1/6 (adding the blank on white dice). Odds of not rolling shields is 2/3, no rolling skulls is 1/2. I like this mechanic - just make the attack and defense 1 and you are almost guaranteed to get a hit AND block all incoming hits - almost too good.
Old January 28th, 2016, 11:29 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

The iPad app allows you to roll any of the flag bearers dice and speeds up the game considerably. It is also very useful in playtesting if you don't have stats tables handy. I highly recommend it and it's free, called HS-aholic on App Store.
Old January 29th, 2016, 04:21 AM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Just say "dice rolled that do not show [shields/skulls]" clears it up no matter which dice you rolled, but increases the odds by 1/6 (adding the blank on white dice). Odds of not rolling shields is 2/3, no rolling skulls is 1/2. I like this mechanic - just make the attack and defense 1 and you are almost guaranteed to get a hit AND block all incoming hits - almost too good.
No. I wouldn't want something that isn't the same depending on which dice you happen to decide to use. That, for me, really is something I would never believe the designers to do. That's why it made sense to require specific die be used in the ability, like Valkyrie dice.

Darn, I really liked that idea.
Old February 9th, 2016, 03:38 AM

Sorry, yes this is a double post, but it's been over a week. If this is a problem, I'll delete this and add the post into the other as an edit.
--
So something I thought of the other day, is that a lot of the older VCs are really hard to get. I've been spending the better part of the last 4 days looking all over the internet for a "Confrontation Ram: Legion of the Damned army box". I've looked all across ebay, through least 30 different online miniatures stores, and many various forums with trade/sell sections for figurines. Everytime I find a person who seems to have one, they've already sold it, but forgot to update their thread. (if anyone has a complete Legion of the Damned army box, that they are willing to part with, I would pay quite the pretty penny for it.)

Anyway, what I'm getting to, is that it would be very nice if the figurines used, weren't so hard to find. I understand that at the time of release for all the VCs they were not hard to find, and were reasonably priced. So I propose that in some of the future releases, repainted unique heros and squads from the first 2 master sets be used. It is well known that many of the members of these forums have at least 2, if not a lot more, of both of the first 2 master sets, and to buy the unique units for them off of ebay, or auggies is relatively cheep. They were uniques that were cast aside because you only needed one, but they came with terrain. So there are a lot of them that never got any use. C3V could put a change to that. Make some simple repaints that distinguish them from the originals, make a lot of them common, or uncommon, and their you go, VCs that are easy to get, most of us already have them, and they aren't likely to become very expensive any time soon, because anyone who wants to get one probably already has one to use.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs