Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 25th, 2007, 10:45 AM

zombiedude has disabled reputation
One thing I have wondered about. . .why no glyphs have been

Why is it that when you get an expansion you get some figures and some hex tiles, but that is all? Don't you think that they should, occassionally, add in some more action tiles, items, etc? Something to randomize the games abit more, or at least spice them up. I can't think of their proper terminology, but I'm sure you know what I mean.
Old January 25th, 2007, 10:50 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Wave 1 has glyphs in them.
I don't know why they didn't continue other then they perhaps didn't feel like it. If you want some of those extras then there are plenty here to download.

by not sending that single piece of plastic out, Hasbro just made more profit. I don't see any probem with it. If they make money, then we keep getting products.
Old January 25th, 2007, 10:52 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I understood that it was because glyphs take more playtesting time than new figures do.

But I'll say this... I wouldn't mind it at all if Wave 7 had one tree in each booster instead of 4 hexes. Or maybe 1 boulder and 1 bush, or 2 bushes, or 2 boulders or an outhouse or a park bench or even a gazebo... +1.

Wave 12.5 WILL be the Gazebo of Amorignac! A place where your battle-weary warriors can congregate and pursue the perils of peacetime and brass quartets. The Brass Quartet will be a unique squad, based on the theory that any map would only need one Gazebo +1.
Old January 25th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
I don't know why they didn't continue other then they perhaps didn't feel like it. If you want some of those extras then there are plenty here to download.

by not sending that single piece of plastic out, Hasbro just made more profit. I don't see any probem with it. If they make money, then we keep getting products.
They cut the glyphs, as has been discussed, because they took an exceptional amount of play testing. The resources were not worth what it took to assure that they were not game breakers.
Old January 25th, 2007, 11:05 AM

QBakies has disabled reputation
I think they feel that the character expansions are the most substantive things they can do for the community and put a good amount of their efforts into designing and testing them. They also know that there is a huge community of people who do mods and add-ons for the game and probably think the smaller stuff people can sort out for themselves. Besides, how many glyphs can you possibly play with.
Old January 25th, 2007, 11:10 AM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Wave 12.5 WILL be the Gazebo of Amorignac! A place where your battle-weary warriors can congregate and pursue the perils of peacetime and brass quartets. The Brass Quartet will be a unique squad, based on the theory that any map would only need one Gazebo +1.

One thing I have wondered about is why people post topics with titles like:
"One thing I have wondered about..."

zombieguy, I humbly ask you to read this:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=5877

May I suggest a title such as:
"Why doesn't Hasbro pack something besides extra land tiles in expansions?"
That way the Hasbro people might even read it!
And that's what you would really like, isn't it?

(And it wouldn't be the first time someone has made this suggestion before.
But that's okay, I agree with you...Getting tired of Snow tiles here!)
Old January 25th, 2007, 11:26 AM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
I too would like to see something extra. Personally, I like the added hex tiles, but would like to see a little more in a pack. Maybe an extra figure or like EJ, a tree. What about a tree with snow on it with snow tiles, a boulder with rock tiles etc..
Old January 25th, 2007, 11:49 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Zombiedude, have you seen Road to the Forgotten Forest, Volcarren Wasteland, Thaelenk Tundra, and Fortress of the Archkyrie? Those changed the game a lot.

Also, I completely agree with AgentX-127, topic titles need to say what the topic is!
Old January 25th, 2007, 01:06 PM

Will T is surprisingly tart
Billtog - Don't forget the Flagbearers. They didn't "change the game a lot", but they make it more profitable to have General-specific armies and the Valkyrie dice did add some spice.
I don't mind them keeping the people packs just people, because it keeps the cost down.

ej - will they be serving lemonade in the gazebo?
Old January 25th, 2007, 01:40 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will T
ej - will they be serving lemonade in the gazebo?
Lemonade of Frejflowing 16
Roll the d20 for each squad member who drinks Lemonade of Frejflowing. If the roll is 16 or higher that squad member cannot attack this turn because they're doing the peepee dance. Marro are immune to Lemonade of Frejflowing.
Old January 25th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!
I can't get the image of blastatrons doing the "Electric Slide" out of my mind now....

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old January 27th, 2007, 03:18 AM

zombiedude has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin

They cut the glyphs, as has been discussed, because they took an exceptional amount of play testing. The resources were not worth what it took to assure that they were not game breakers.
Game makers can't test a few glyphs? I dunno, sounds a lil fishy ta me!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion