Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 26th, 2014, 10:13 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Don't forget My Little Pony scape AMIS! Oh and Thundercats scape would be totally bad a$$!
LOL!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to clancampbell again.

You think Lion-O could be that good a character?

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 26th, 2014 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Will Friedle Lives!
Old October 26th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I think it's pretty simple. From Hasbro's perspective, they have a great game system in Heroscape. And they have a popular IP in Magic.

In the past, they tried branding Heroscape with a popular IP and it didn't work for very long. The terrain (from their perspective) and the big pile of painted minis were too expensive. Contemporary minis games are either unpainted (M&M) or painted but without much else in the box (Star Wars, Sails of Glory). So instead of reskinning Heroscape, create a new game that is functionally similar, with fewer painted minis and less molded plastic terrain in the box.

It makes sense from their perspective. Take Scape, which is a great system, and drag it into the realities of making games these days, and put a theme on it that works and that will draw some people in.

I'm excited. I'm not assigning an ulterior motive, because it makes enough sense to me without one.

TLDR: Maybe they just think they're making a terrific new game that's built on the legacy of Heroscape.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 26th, 2014, 12:58 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Am I the only one seeing this as a gateway game to mtg?
Is it a gateway? Possibly but I do not believe it's the direction you're thinking of.
I suspect they are hoping for this to be a gateway in at least two directions: From mtg to this, and from this to mtg. Since Heroscape isn't in production, I doubt they are trying to drum up interest in a product they don't produce. (I suppose they might be interested in drumming up interest in a product they could reintroduce...)

Quote:
GI Joe'scape
Monopoly'scape
Penguin's with Machine Guns'scape, etc
Hall of Presidents scape

Last edited by fomox; October 26th, 2014 at 12:58 PM. Reason: John Quincy is way overpowered at 130 points.
Old October 26th, 2014, 05:29 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Am I the only one seeing this as a gateway game to mtg?
Is it a gateway? Possibly but I do not believe it's the direction you're thinking of.
I suspect they are hoping for this to be a gateway in at least two directions: From mtg to this, and from this to mtg. Since Heroscape isn't in production, I doubt they are trying to drum up interest in a product they don't produce. (I suppose they might be interested in drumming up interest in a product they could reintroduce...)
I would argue they are about to reintroduce this game but are just calling it something else.

But as long as it looks compatible - this community will make it compatible. That's how good they are!

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 26th, 2014 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Magic the Board Game vs Magiscape! Which one would you play?
Old October 26th, 2014, 05:34 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Last edited by AMIS; Today at 05:29 PM. Reason: Magic the Board Game vs Magiscape! Which one would you play?

Why choose? Play both! Buy a couple copies for HS and then another for MtG! My gaming group is gunna love the option because they are all magic lovers.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 27th, 2014, 02:09 PM

SSJ3Godzilla has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Last edited by AMIS; Today at 05:29 PM. Reason: Magic the Board Game vs Magiscape! Which one would you play?

Why choose? Play both! Buy a couple copies for HS and then another for MtG! My gaming group is gunna love the option because they are all magic lovers.
So much this. 100% agree.

(I logged in just to say that I was willing to set the game up for two different games, and then realized I haven't logged in in over 7 years!!! [Oct. 17, 2007! Mere months after I graduated high school!])

The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

- Sig returned for certain members to take to heart.

Old October 27th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

So many posters in this thread have "join dates" in 2006 or 2007. It makes me happy, for no reason I can discern. It just does.

= =
Old October 27th, 2014, 07:24 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
So many posters in this thread have "join dates" in 2006 or 2007. It makes me happy, for no reason I can discern. It just does.
It makes you happy, because people are getting excited (& arguing ), just like when 'scape was in its heyday.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old October 27th, 2014, 08:44 PM

ReverendBayes is surprisingly tart

Exciting news! At the very least I'm looking forward to new terrain...I agree that laying down an expansive layer of that thin base will allow my regular HS tiles to be used for building ^up^ instead of <-out->

Oh, I suppose I'm also looking forward to learning what abilities have been directly ported over from HS. If any of these characters should have an attack +1 aura...
nevermind.

Viva Heroscape!

Uncertainty: Something you can always count on.
Old October 27th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
Quote:
It makes you happy, because people are getting excited (& arguing ), just like when 'scape was in its heyday.
Yes. Quite. Seeing some of these guys post - yourself included - makes me feel like a newbie again. And it's been a long time since I felt like a newbie.

Old timers, please have a look at the link in my sig to the C3V units, if you haven't seen them. I believe in my heart of hearts that what we've done there is a credit to the legacy, is worthy of the legacy, and I hope some of you will find something there that speaks to you.

= =
Old October 27th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
Quote:
Yes. Quite. Seeing some of these guys post - yourself included - makes me feel like a newbie again. And it's been a long time since I felt like a newbie.

Old timers, please have a look at the link in my sig to the C3V units, if you haven't seen them. I believe in my heart of hearts that what we've done there is a credit to the legacy, is worthy of the legacy, and I hope some of you will find something there that speaks to you.
c-wedgie's on here most of the time, though he sticks to the C3G threads nowadays.

But yes, it's nice to see some of the older members back here.
Old October 27th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

What's the "C3G"?

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion