Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 15th, 2011, 01:44 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of the Horned Skull Brutes

Thematically, if a Bugbear grabbed a random nearby Goblin to use as a makeshift shield, the rest of the Goblins would run away, not jump at the Bugbear's feet yelling "Me next! Me next!"

But I guess this don't work in the game....

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old February 14th, 2011, 06:33 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

This came up in a game yesterday. If a Horned Skull Brute takes a wound from a figure with life drain and then activates expendable rabble this would deny the life draining figure the wound marker removal since they were not the figure destroying the Goblin correct?

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old February 14th, 2011, 07:04 PM

Ivellius knows what's in an order marker Ivellius knows what's in an order marker

Something I hadn't thought of, but that should definitely be correct. It'd probably be a good clarification to add to the Book.
Old February 14th, 2011, 07:37 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
Something I hadn't thought of, but that should definitely be correct. It'd probably be a good clarification to add to the Book.
Huh. Absolutely. The card plainly says "you may destroy," meaning the defending player, not the attacker. I don't see anything doubtful about it. I'll add it.

Cool, a new clarification. Thanks guys.

~Spite

EDIT: Done

Last edited by spiteofthedice; February 14th, 2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old April 7th, 2011, 12:49 PM

Lucky is surprisingly tart
Wink Re: The Book of the Horned Skull Brutes

These guys are one of my favorite squads. I don't like them so much teamed with the Goblin Cutters since scurry can mess up your barge into battle but they are great with other small or medium squads. You can move up attack with your other squad and do the switch the next turn and attack with the HSB. My favorite army so far with these guys is:

150-HSB-x2
110-DCoT-x2
150- Ogre Warhulk
80-Estivara
10-Isamu

These guys do great together. You move the DCoT with the Warhulk first and keep the HSB kind of close behind. Move and attack with Warhulk first. Second surround and attack with DCoT. Pull the DCoT back attack and you have a squad with higher defense on the front line. It is almost like these cards where made for each other instead of the Goblin Cutters and Horned Skull Brutes. When I get another set I will try this army with no range.

He is not just a devastating opponent, he is the bait; hence the name Master of the Hunt.
Old July 18th, 2011, 04:16 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
Huh. Absolutely. The card plainly says "you may destroy," meaning the defending player, not the attacker. I don't see anything doubtful about it. I'll add it.

~Spite

I assume that to be consistent, Zombies would not get to use Zombies Rise Again if a HSB sacrificed a Goblin to block a wound.
Old July 19th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:

~Spite

I assume that to be consistent, Zombies would not get to use Zombies Rise Again if a HSB sacrificed a Goblin to block a wound.
I think you definitely are right. The zombie you control must destroy the figure.

Perhaps the addendum should list the general rule, and just give Zombies and Cyprien as examples.
Old November 20th, 2011, 10:51 AM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

These guys appear to be good at defending the Kravs, what about this army:

Horned Skull Brutes x2 150
Krav Maga Agents 250
Raelin (ROTV) 330

you could then fill in with whatever really. Sgt. Drake (SOTM). Major Q10 and Marcu. Warden, Zettians and Isamu. or you could just add more Horned Skull Brutes. whatever takes your pick for 170 points.
Old April 1st, 2012, 03:19 PM

dafe31 is surprisingly tart
Question Re: The Book of the Horned Skull Brutes

OK, here's one I'd like to open up to the community. Playing the Horned Skull Brutes against the Nakita Agents, if the HSB uses Barge Into Battle to swap places with a figure engaged with the Nakita, does Barge Into Battle trigger Engagement Strike? The way that I'm reading it, since the HSB movement phase has ended, Engagement Strike would not apply when I switch units. That's how we played it, but I wanted to know what others thought.

DAFE31
Old April 1st, 2012, 03:31 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafe31 View Post
OK, here's one I'd like to open up to the community. Playing the Horned Skull Brutes against the Nakita Agents, if the HSB uses Barge Into Battle to swap places with a figure engaged with the Nakita, does Barge Into Battle trigger Engagement Strike? The way that I'm reading it, since the HSB movement phase has ended, Engagement Strike would not apply when I switch units. That's how we played it, but I wanted to know what others thought.

DAFE31
Engagement Strike is triggered by any kind of movement or placement such as summoning, throwing, Bargeing into Battle, etc.

Old April 1st, 2012, 05:42 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafe31 View Post

DAFE31
Engagement Strike is triggered by any kind of movement or placement such as summoning, throwing, Bargeing into Battle, etc.
Yep. A good way to remember it is "Placing = Moving".

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old October 31st, 2012, 02:42 AM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart

these guys work well with rats too. Scatter your rats on your opponents turn and get them adj. and then BIB when its your turn

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units