Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 5th, 2018, 08:01 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: FIRST STRIKE: How would YOU do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
I have been giving this quite come thought and Lazy Orang makes a great point that the Heroscape system does not match well with MTG. I also agree with Confred that nothing so far has the right feel for First Strike. How about something like the following: "First Strike - When your figure is targeted for a normal adjacent attack, before rolling defense dice make an immediate attack." This way your figure utilizing First Strike has the ability to potentially destroy the other figure first, which does capture the intent of First Strike. Alternately, if you wanted to be a little more potent here is another version: "First Strike - When your figure is targeted for a normal adjacent attack, before rolling defense dice make an immediate attack. After rolling defense dice all excess shields count as unblockable hits."
I think I've heard people say there are rules issues with attacking out of turn, so it would never fly anywhere official. For custom stuff, though, I'd use an attack out of turn mechanic, it sounds fun, go with it!
Oh, believe me, the wording requisites will be way more complex than many may first think

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender