Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old August 18th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: Paras!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
I'd thought about that as well, but that brings us back to the "would it fit on the card" debate. This was just a suggestion. If everyone is opposed to this I won't make the change, but I want to see what everyone else thinks.
It definitely could fit on the card and it would be an amazing solution, but everybody here wants so desperately to see the status effects on each and every card....

See what I am talking about here? We are removing options from our designers.
I have to agree with Warlord Alpha here. Having the statuses in the rulebook would be easier, and would be no different from the Marvel/C3G Super Strength and Flying symbols.

It would be interesting to see Paras as a two bug squad, though (my preference, three could be good too). However, this could cause issues with trainers and their kato-style abilities, unless we worded it right (I'm not saying it's not doable, I'm just saying we'll have to remember to word it right). Another option could be to give Parasect a Kato-style ability to move two Paras, but I don't know how well that goes with what Chardar already has.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 18th, 2010, 05:30 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That would work with what I already have and help make the unit more unique, but then we'd have to playtest them together, which would be hard with the way the design order is. Do we price Paras low now and make Parasect higher? Or do we make Paras higher to keep Parasect down? I like this idea even more than the squad.

Old August 18th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What you would have to do is make Paras now and price it however it performs, and then price Parasect based on how he performs with multiple Paras drafted alongside him.
Old August 18th, 2010, 05:36 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
What you would have to do is make Paras now and price it however it performs, and then price Parasect based on how he performs with multiple Paras drafted alongside him.
Then let's go for it! Now we just need to decide between upping move or cutting points.

Old August 18th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cut points. It's bad enough his defense is already higher than it should be.
Old August 18th, 2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
When's the last time you got a successful Arcane Riposte? I want this guy to have useable powers.

Old August 18th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
When's the last time you got a successful Arcane Riposte? I want this guy to have useable powers.
He means that Paras' Defense stat is quite low.
Old August 18th, 2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
He means that Paras' Defense stat is quite low.
I know what he meant, but its been said several times that we are not copying the video games. This is how I think Effect Spore should work in heroscape. Most people like it. His stats don't have to transfer.

Old August 18th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Caster of Crying

Well, I still like the idea of making it if you successfully defend, or if you roll any shields at all. And if those work too well then we drop the defense to 3.

Remember, this only works against adjacent figures. When he finally gets adjacent, it is going to be a massive slap in the face when he can't roll the extra shield. I would prefer that his abilities worked more often than not.
Old August 18th, 2010, 06:13 PM

Except that Effect Spore only works on physical attacks. While I just said that we aren't copying the video games it doesn't make sense for Paras to be able to shoot spores off of his back at a figure several spaces away. As for rolling any sheilds at all. That be too easy to roll, and doesn't have any classic comparison. It would be doable, but would raise his price, which I want to keep down.

For anyone who was really paying attention they will notice that Paras is very similar to my original idea for Gastly, this is my low cost disabler. I want to keep him that way.

Old August 18th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Caster of Crying

Quote:
Except that Effect Spore only works on physical attacks.
No, I don't have a problem with that part. What I am saying is that it is going to be really hard to get Effect Spore to work because of that limitation, which is why you need to make it easier if you want Paras to be worth anywhere near 30 points. I say make it so that if you successfully defend then you get to roll for effect spore.
Old August 18th, 2010, 06:39 PM

When rolling defense dice against an attack from an adjacent figure, if Paras successfully defends against the attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-10 place a Paralysis Marker on that figure. If you roll an 11 or higher place a Sleep Marker on that figure. Figures with the Frenzy special ability are not affected by Sleep Markers.

That'd work, but dropping to 25 would still be fair.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum