Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old October 11th, 2010, 09:33 PM

Hrockle knows what's in an order marker Hrockle knows what's in an order marker
Any Model Makers Here?

For a pre-calculus project, I need to interview a model maker. The most personal information you will have to give is a name and phone number. I don't like making this kind of request, but as the project is due the 14th of this month, I'm more than a little pressed for time in order to complete this project.

Most of the questions will pertain to the use of mathematics in your job. I'll send a small questionnaire via PM on this site. I'll need a response by the 13th. If your job is related in some shape or form to model making (such as painting or even playtesting) feel free to respond.

Thanks for your time,
Hrockle.
Old October 11th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Any Model Makers Here?

If you aren't able to find anyone here, I'm sure you could find someone quickly on conceptart.org. They have a whole forum dedicated to sculpting/modeling (here).

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old October 12th, 2010, 12:27 AM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!

I never use calculus in my day job, but I do design overhead cranes.

I calculate:

Impact forces, Moments, Beam strengths, Stiffness for deflection tolerances, foundation strengths etc.

I've built a few models of cranes so I guess that would count.

PM me if it fits the bill.

Delphic

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.
Old October 12th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Sign me up, like delphic I calculate Impact forces, Moments, Beam strengths, Stiffness for deflection tolerances, but I also do some FEA on designs I make. It may not help you, but I would be happy to help if I can.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old October 12th, 2010, 12:14 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

I create archtictural models model for building projects. The computer models I
make can be used for energy calulations, HVAC analysis, and structural analysis.

I don't specifically use a lot of hard math in my work but still need to know the basic concepts. You can send me the survey if you like.

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old October 12th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

My job doesn't relate to model making directly, but I have studied using models in wind tunnels to simulate real life. I also have seriously worked with kit models in my past.
http://ryougabot.tripod.com/model.htm

-Ryougabot

Old October 14th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

Shout out to all engineers!!!

-Ryougabot

Old October 14th, 2010, 12:48 PM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!

I'm a Mechanical by Education and a Structural by experience.

So I make the weapons AND the targets.

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.
Old October 14th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphic View Post
I'm a Mechanical by Education and a Structural by experience.

So I make the weapons AND the targets.
I love that joke!!!

You ever hear about the lady engineer, she was electrical, but not civil.

We always joked in school that failing and engineering course was still an accomplishment

We the nerds have totally derailed the topic, so let's get it back on track. I was wondering exactly what type of models you were asking about. There is the mathematical model of a system, there is the aero model to be used in wind tunnels, thaere are simple 3D models that are used to make drawings, there are kit models that can be used in proof of concept presentations, and of course there are ILM models which are used in filming. What exactly are you looking for?

-Ryougabot

Old October 15th, 2010, 08:38 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
We the nerds have totally derailed the topic, so let's get it back on track. I was wondering exactly what type of models you were asking about. There is the mathematical model of a system, there is the aero model to be used in wind tunnels, thaere are simple 3D models that are used to make drawings, there are kit models that can be used in proof of concept presentations, and of course there are ILM models which are used in filming. What exactly are you looking for?
I am not sure it matters at this point. The OP said the project was due by the 14th of this month. We are now at the 15th. Looks like the OP either got an F on the assignment or ended up not needing anyone's help.

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old October 15th, 2010, 08:53 PM

Hrockle knows what's in an order marker Hrockle knows what's in an order marker

I got a couple replies, so I was able to complete the assignment.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General