Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 3rd, 2019, 11:59 AM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Poll: Favorite C3G Design by LD

Captain America: I'm a big fan of designs that bring out the theme of the character in the playstyle they encourage. Cap's design encourages you to have him leading the Avengers charge, exactly as it should be.

Oracle: Characters that focus on a support role are an interesting concept, and I think Oracle is the character you can point to as the textbook example of that concept done right.

Metamorpho: I honestly haven't played with this guy (yet), but I just love his powers and I liked his episode of the Justice League animated series.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 12:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Fine! I tweaked my list. Please don't count the ones in parenthesis.

That is already how I had counted it.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 12:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Great writes ups qualizium and Xael! First vote for Oracle too, I kind of expected her to get a vote a bit sooner in the process. We also got our first votes from a CRB member, and they were all first time vote getters!

Would love to hear some expanded thoughts on what made you pick them Soundwarp, if you have the time and are willing to share. Enchantress doesn't need much explanation, but I never saw Armin Zola coming. I've struggled to build an army around him and so I haven't used him very many times.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 12:47 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Oracle is probably my #4, so like seeing her get some love.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 3rd, 2019, 12:54 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Because your mine, I Walker the line.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 01:02 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Because your mine, I Walker the line.

Spoiler Alert!
Old April 3rd, 2019, 02:19 PM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Great writes ups qualizium and Xael! First vote for Oracle too, I kind of expected her to get a vote a bit sooner in the process. We also got our first votes from a CRB member, and they were all first time vote getters!

Would love to hear some expanded thoughts on what made you pick them Soundwarp, if you have the time and are willing to share. Enchantress doesn't need much explanation, but I never saw Armin Zola coming. I've struggled to build an army around him and so I haven't used him very many times.
Arnim Zola was almost on my list. I'm kind of a sucker for figures that can bring one or more figures back from the dead, but I'm also a sucker for figures that change into different forms, and that's like Metamorpho's entire schtick.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 02:24 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Oracle is up there for me, but she didn't make my top list just because I feel she's a little too splashable right now. Like you can throw her into pretty much an army, even ones with X reveal powers aren't out of the question, without much thought. She'd bump up for me if we get some other 'advisor' types, like IDK, Calculator or something, so she has some competition and there's more of a thought process to picking her over someone else.

Quote:
Enchantress got my vote mostly because she was a creative design. I think her brokenness was more a symptom of her surroundings (Punisher, Lanterns, Atom, and such) and baggage from the system (Magical Defense) than it was an inherent problem with her unique powers. She was just the most surgical fix to do. I really like that she gave non-super-strength Characters some love, as I feel it's too easy for super-strength to become a stealthy border between the haves and have-nots considering how many extra toys the power grants you. The one real ding for her to me was she didn't have much play with Executioner, but we got a version II that solved that problem.

Zola has a good example of a high-variance game-changing power (the cloning) that the players can still interact with and requires some actual thought in it's usage. It's not just 'roll a D-20, hope you get high enough to insta-kill a dude' or whatever. I also like that he has a decent (but not crippling) counterdraft power for E-Glyphs while still being useful without any around. That's where counterdraft units should be to me, not useless without their target around and not 'haha you lose' with their target around, but a nice medium range. He's a good example of having soft synergy with the right people as well, like one of his better builds is actually with thematic pairings without resorting to 'Red Skull's get +2 to the Attack', and his design has some foresight to it where future thematic units can work with him in organic ways. The one thing I don't like about him is his potential to screw over an enemy playing Androids, but I feel that's a systemic problem and not really Zola's cross to bear

Fire Demons are there because they present a lot of interactions and strategic decisions for a squad, which I find are normally a little bland game-play wise outside of normal positioning and such that are inherent to the system. The Fire Demons can win or lose you a game just based on your choices in the opening lava placement. Also, they show restraint by not going with straight molten lava and they really push the limits of how expensive a unique squad can get while still being viable.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 3rd, 2019, 02:30 PM
C3G Landlord

Thanks SW! Great insight as always.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 03:24 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I have to ask your strategies for lava field placement Soundwarp. I can remember being stunned that no one created a spire during testing.
We could really use more powers that place tiles or DOs.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 06:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Thanks SW! Great insight as always.
Yeah, I really loved reading that!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 4th, 2019, 10:49 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

IamBatman designs:
1. Captain America
2. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
3. Oracle

Had a lot of fun with all 3 of these, and they were common drafts when I would play weekly with friends. These aren't just my 3 favorite IamBatman designs, they easily make my top 10 favorites overall.

Captain America's Avenger markers are fun to build a team around, and his offense and defense are nice. Green Lantern's resource management with his markers are a good risk factor, his stats are great with them, and his potential extra turn is always nice. Oracle is one of the premiere support units with the initiative boost, automatic skull on X reveal, and OM recovery.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy