Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 9th, 2022, 05:30 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Interesting armies for Tablewalker and Kolakoski. Unfortunately, the next snowstorm (only two days after a day of T-Shirt weather), which was supposed to pass far north of us--heck, north of my sister up in Massachusetts--is now going to dump 3-5 inches on TW upstate starting at 7 AM, so he has to cancel his trip down for the game.

Hosting board games here continues to be an adventure not for the faint of heart! I've invited him over for the weekend games of The Great Wall with the Black Powder Expansion which I'll be running here then instead.

(Edit): Uh oh, Kolakoski has an illness in the family, and won't make it either. So Shermy and I willl go head to head. Bring it! Maybe the other guys will get another shot at this cool idea at a later date.

Last edited by chas; March 9th, 2022 at 11:04 AM.
Old March 10th, 2022, 09:19 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Chas and I ended up playing the scenario twice as two-player games, with me taking the opportunity to playtest Nordlung, my most recent custom.

My armies were:

ARMY 1
Nordlung - 165
Greenscale Warriors x 4 - 240
Microcorp Troopers x 2 - 160
Marcu Esenwein - 20
Isamu - 10

595 points, 24 spaces

ARMY 2
Nordlung - 165
Tul-bak-ra - 130
Marro Dividers x 3 - 150
10th Regiment x 2 - 150

595 points, 20 spaces

I ended up winning both games. I was satisfied with Nordlung's feel; in the first game I was able to use him mostly at long range Mimring-style, but with the additional flexibility that one would expect from what is basically an adolescent Nilfheim. Bonding with the Greenscales obviously helped a lot too. Nordlung was a lot less effective in the second game, only managing one wound on chas' Marutuk before being quickly, and appropriately, torn apart by the dragonslayer.
Old March 10th, 2022, 09:31 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nordlung is sweet. What mini is that?
Old March 10th, 2022, 09:42 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nordlung is sweet. What mini is that?

It's a Starfinder Dragonkin. Better make sure your hobby knife is sharp enough to cut it off its base.
Old March 10th, 2022, 10:16 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very cool. Thanks.
That is the coolest classic custom I have seen in awhile.
Old March 11th, 2022, 08:30 AM

Thank you. Since it's probably my final classic custom, it's good to hear that I went out with a bang.
Old March 15th, 2022, 05:08 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The April game will be run by Kolakoski. What scenario will he come up with?

Stay tuned...
Old March 20th, 2022, 08:20 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Before the pandemic emerged, I was scheduled to Host a game in March of 2020. I forgot till now that I had created a scenario and posted it to my Blog (posted on 2/14/2020). Here it is:

WETWORK

"I can't take it anymore!" Morgoloth was majestically wroth. "Kill the intruders! Make the water run red with their blood!"

The Map. Leakways and Creekways by killercactus (3 BftU, 21 additional water tiles), with the Power Glyphs removed.

The Armies. Anticipating the usual four player, two team format, the armies (one per player) are as follows:

Team Evil

140 Drow x 2
135 Wo-Sa-Ga
70 Brigand x 2
75 Cormin the Dark
60 Elaria the Pale
20 Marcu Esenwein
500, 13 spaces

160 Wolves of Badru x 2
140 Morgoloth
115 Ashi-Dhulu
80 Estivara
495, 9 spaces

Team Good

160 Shaolin Monks x 2
130 Master Lao Xin
75 Kha
70 Brigand x 2
60 Darrak Ambershard
495, 11 spaces

130 Armocs x 2
130 Kozil
120 Venoc Warlord
120 Tandros Kreel
500, 13 spaces

Last edited by kolakoski; March 23rd, 2022 at 11:34 AM.
Old March 20th, 2022, 10:46 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Players will choose armies on a first come, first served basis. Charley has already chosen the Monk army. I'll choose last.

The Team that has destroyed the most points (note: partial card scoring) at the end of ten rounds wins.

Old March 22nd, 2022, 04:22 PM

Date to be Wed. April 27. Taeblewalker has also chosen his army.

Who's this "Charley" you speak of?
Old March 23rd, 2022, 11:33 AM

Well met!

My bad! chas has chosen the army Monk army. Taeblewalker has chosen the Estivara army. Sherman?

Old March 24th, 2022, 11:54 PM

Well met!

Sherman has chosen the Armoc army, leaving me with the Drow!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion