Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old June 6th, 2016, 08:57 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: X-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Wal-Mart has some cheap cardboard "science fair display" style boards that are 48"x36". I cut off one of the flaps and it is exactly 36"x36". I think they are Elmer's brand.
Ahh that sounds perfect. I have only seen the smaller ones at Wal-Mart but I'm sure I can find them.

Now to figure out how to get a nice star field on that board.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; June 6th, 2016 at 10:38 PM.
Old June 6th, 2016, 08:57 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
I am very happy with my War Mat. Prices seem to have gone up a bit, but the magnetic system works beautifully. It's easy to set up and take down (not that I ever take it down) and comes with a nice carrying case.
That does look pretty awesome! But it's twice as much as the regular mats. I'll keep it in mind though.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 6th, 2016, 09:40 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
I am very happy with my War Mat. Prices seem to have gone up a bit, but the magnetic system works beautifully. It's easy to set up and take down (not that I ever take it down) and comes with a nice carrying case.
That does look pretty awesome! But it's twice as much as the regular mats. I'll keep it in mind though.
HCD Maps are great: http://www.miniaturemarket.com/hcd96680.html
Old June 7th, 2016, 12:13 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
I use black poster board. It is much nicer than a table (since it's black). I've played on the "official" rubber mats at game shops. Those things are really really nice to play on; they make it a little easier to touch the base of a ship without moving it (since you can press it down into the mat). The problem is, for me, if I have $30 to spend on X-Wing supplies, I want to buy more ships, not a mat.
Yeah that is the way I think also. I would love one of those mats but my tiny gaming allowance needs to go for more ships or more Heroscape. I thought of using black poster board but I'm not sure where to find one that's 36 x 36 or bigger.

Quote:
Wow, those look super nice. Too pricy for me however.
Friend of mine cannibalized a yoga mat for his play mat, it works pretty well, though IMO, the official mats look really cool so I shelled out the money for a real one.

Also, the announcement for the next wave dropped this week, looks pretty interesting. Looks like they are really pressing the focus on alternate firing patterns, with the Arc-170, the SF Tie and the Shadow Caster.
Old June 7th, 2016, 12:17 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I'm so happy that the ARC-170 is coming. Also, glad to have a true ace for the Scum in the form of a Fang Fighter.
Old June 7th, 2016, 01:08 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think Ill play the dad card and ask for a neoprene mat for Father's Day. I'm like the majority of you - I'd rather buy the ships than the mat when the money is available, lol.

I have a nice vinyl map now, as well as an oversized plywood may I built out of a sheet of plywood that I spray painted black and drizzle spray other colors onto to make a star field (it looks pretty cool), but I really want a neoprene mat.

And yes, Wave 9 looks awesome. I've already calculated I'll be spending at least $250 on this wave. *sigh*

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; June 7th, 2016 at 01:08 AM. Reason: That's a happy sigh btw. I did adult things like replace our entire AC system and now reward time once I save it up. :-)
Old June 7th, 2016, 02:32 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I'm so happy that the ARC-170 is coming. Also, glad to have a true ace for the Scum in the form of a Fang Fighter.
To be fair, it looks basically like a cheaper version of the Starviper (complete with a lack of an evade action) but it should be cool to see it go up against the other aces.
Old June 9th, 2016, 08:30 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Have any of you seen these neat little printable boxes for X-Wing? He has a lot of neat stuff you just print out, cut and fold. Below is just a small sample of what he has. Do any of you actually use them to organize your collection?

Ship Boxes (one for each ship type)

Gear Boxes

Damage Decks

Card Holder “Cockpit”

Modular Token Box

They can be found here if anyone is interested.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; June 9th, 2016 at 09:16 PM.
Old June 10th, 2016, 02:30 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I met someone at my local game shop that has those. They are cool but look like way too much work to put together.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 10th, 2016, 06:25 AM

Quote:
I met someone at my local game shop that has those. They are cool but look like way too much work to put together.
They are that. I printed out one of the ship boxes just to see how hard it would be. Still, for someone like me just starting out with a few ships and growing my collection slowly, it might not bee too bad.

Old June 10th, 2016, 11:48 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I liked those card board token holders for my Imperial Assault horde of tokens, Thanks again @keglo for posting a link.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 11th, 2016, 11:13 PM

No problem @TREX

I was finally able to try X-Wing for the first time tonight. My boy and I just played the tutorial game from the Force Awakens core set.

My boy played Rebels and I played First Order. His T-70 ended up shredding both of my TIE/FO but not before I took out all three of his shields and scoring one hit.

Even though this was the basic game without any upgrades or addons we both had a great time. I really like this game. I can't wait to open up my other core set, my B-Wing, and TIE interceptor for our first advanced game.

I have a dumb question. Are there any ships/pilots in this game that have a similar ability to Heroscape's counter strike?

Last edited by keglo; June 12th, 2016 at 11:08 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures