Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 8th, 2010, 07:35 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Pokescape

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
And you're right, there seems to be no central leadership here anymore,
Yeah, the guy that made this thread hasn't been on in months. We really should make a new thread, a fresh start with a useful OP and an actual leader.
If Commanderlewis doesn't respond to my PM by tomorrow evening, this approach has my vote.
I'll give him til Saturday morning to respond. If not, then I will set up the new threads with a clearly defined set of rules and guidlines to get us started.
Also, and don't misunderstand me here, but I think I'll come up with a short quiz for anyone wanting to be a core member of the group. If you can answer a few simple Pokemon specific questions, then you obviously know your Pokemon and will be a welcome addition. The fact you are on Scapers.com shows you like this game. And anyone willing to take a quiz to be part of something definately has the desire to be a consistent part of the group.
Everyone ok with a lil quiz?
Old April 8th, 2010, 07:57 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
So, let me get this right. You have 43 pages and only one card?!?
Well...

You can't say there are no pics, just not very many.

To Wulfhunters point, maybe we should wrap up Abra and move on to another. I think you all were working on Pikachu before I got involved. Did that one get wrapped up? If not, I suggest we finalize Abra and then wrap up Pikachu so the group can move on to another. Once we get a few done, it will give the group a chance to playtest against other Pokemon and make Pokemon armies to try out against Classic Scape Figures.

Quote:
I posted this earlier, but I haven't seen any comments on it, so I'll do it again. For the OM issue, you could allow it to teleport when attacked by friendlies. Might be overpowered, but I think its low defense and one life would make it large enough of a risk.
This could work, it would take a slight rewording of teleport. Though, I know with my luck, every time I tried it I'd roll a 1 and no shields.

Quote:
Maybe give Abra an ability that allows him to activate off the X order marker if you win initiative?(Or just let him activate off the X)

Interesting idea. Anything like this been done before? (Not saying we couldn't do this if it hasn't been done. Just curious.)

Quote:
We could go with trainers, and a Command function...

Well, since I have the oppurtunity now, I'm going lay my trainer ideas out straight.
-All would be fully movable, and played as a normal unit
-Unique Heroes, of course
-Have a Command ability, basically bonding; could be either one or two pokemon, one if he/she moves as well, two if he/she doesn't
-"x" Region Enhancement; could have a different name, but basically is, for example, if the trainer was, say, Ash, all Pokemon #1-151 would get some kind of bonus, or maybe Brendan fron Hoenn, all Pokemon 252-386 would get a bonus.
-All trainers would also give some kind of boost to Pokemon, i.e. Misty could give bonuses to water Pokemon, while others could give more specific bonuses, like Ash could give a certain bonus to one Pikachu on his team.
Feel free to make suggestions or ask for clarifications if necessary.
I think there should eventually be trainers and I think there should be some bonding and bonuses with the trainers. Instead of limiting the bonuses to certain numbered Pokemon, each game, your trainer would bond with all or a certain number of Pokemon in your army. Definitely the trainers should have bonuses for certain types. There are plenty of Gym Leaders and assorted trainers that specialized.

It's great that more are getting involved. I thought my "crazy uncle" comment might have scared you all off
Well, I made it up off the top of my head so if it has been used I don't know of it.
Old April 8th, 2010, 07:59 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

I would be interested in continuing with this project. The slow progress and aimlessness of this thread was what caused me to lose interest before. I am glad to see people are willing to reinvigorate it. A quiz should be fine as long as it takes place in PM's only. As always I can make card templates and finished cards when we are ready. I said this before but I think we should focus on fully evolved pokemon. We should establish a few cards that are worthwhile heroes on theri own. Unevolved forms can be used when we need squads or filler heroes.
Old April 8th, 2010, 08:04 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation

I would like to be a member, but my knowledge of pokemon is not much, so I won't be able to do any especially hard questions.
Old April 8th, 2010, 08:36 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38 View Post
I would be interested in continuing with this project. The slow progress and aimlessness of this thread was what caused me to lose interest before. I am glad to see people are willing to reinvigorate it. A quiz should be fine as long as it takes place in PM's only. As always I can make card templates and finished cards when we are ready. I said this before but I think we should focus on fully evolved pokemon. We should establish a few cards that are worthwhile heroes on theri own. Unevolved forms can be used when we need squads or filler heroes.
The quiz is a PM only thing, and to be perfectly honest, is more to show whether or not you have the basic knowledge and desire to be a consistent core group member, in charge of making final decisions on cards.
Cards shouldn't be a problem, but we are going to need a consistent format for that as well. When we get this thing up and running, I have a few ideas about that, and, of course, any other suggestions will be welcomed and appreciated.
Insofar as big guns first, that can be decided later too. I envision a campaign style play where people start with a Trainer and one or two Pokemon that they continue playing with and "evolve" as the campaign progresses, but, again, we'll talk about that later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takanuva View Post
I would like to be a member, but my knowledge of pokemon is not much, so I won't be able to do any especially hard questions.
See above.
Old April 8th, 2010, 09:18 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

Sorry for kind of ditching you guys. I've been really busy since lax season started. I'm still interested in contributing to this project, and any pokemon quiz you throw at me shouldn't be too hard.
Old April 8th, 2010, 10:09 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

I think for now we should just focus on making regular units that can fit into the existing style of Heroscape play. People will take this a little more seriously if we are making easily accomodated units rather than inventing an entire new sub game. As has been evidenced, we have trouble getting through a single card before someone says something to spark a new discussion and then everyone loses interest in the thing that didnt get finished yet. Making a new ruleset is something that would take a long time to iron out. Sticking with units for now is what we should focus on.
Old April 8th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I think for now we should just focus on making regular units that can fit into the existing style of Heroscape play. People will take this a little more seriously if we are making easily accomodated units rather than inventing an entire new sub game. As has been evidenced, we have trouble getting through a single card before someone says something to spark a new discussion and then everyone loses interest in the thing that didnt get finished yet. Making a new ruleset is something that would take a long time to iron out. Sticking with units for now is what we should focus on.
I concur. Like, we just need to stick to ONE unit at a time. No throwing more units out there. We just need to pick a pokemon like Blastoise or something and stick with it.
Old April 8th, 2010, 11:06 PM

Which is exactly what I'm suggesting. I realize I am kinda the outsider looking in, and some of you may not know me, so, let me share a little about myself.
I started playing the Pokemon games in 1998, as a way to try to relate to my then stepson. His interest waned, mine did not. I have played and beaten R/B/Y and G/S/C multiple times each, with many different teams and on multiple game platforms. I bought the Pokedex books, the strategy guides, and even the CCG guide books. When I first started looking for a format to convert Pokemon from video game to something other, I started with tabletop RPGs. I still have intensive notes on the beginnings of that in multiple game systems.
And then Heroscape happened.
I think Pokemon can and will be an excellent addition to the HSverse, provided it is done properly. Hence, the need for a test.
I know alot about Pokemon, more than a grown man should perhaps, but then I enjoy playing a game designed for ages 8 and up too, right?
In closing, if you guys want to do this, and you want a clearer direction to go in, I am offering my services, talent, imagination and time. I want nothing more than to have a cool game my kids and I can enjoy with characters they already know.
So, are you with me?
Old April 9th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
I concur. Like, we just need to stick to ONE unit at a time. No throwing more units out there. We just need to pick a pokemon like Blastoise or something and stick with it.
I add my concurrence to your concurrence.

If/when we proceed with the new threads, I believe the first order of business is to set some guidelines and ground rules for the group effort (ala C3G or the Star Wars Customs discussion), list the members (the ones who will do the bulk of the design and be the official voters) and associates, and pick a group of 6-8 (10?)Pokemon to start with.

We also, in pretty short order, need to come to agreement on the direction the group wants Pokescape to go. I dropped in on page 30-something (I think). To get up to speed, I went back and read through the whole thread. There were several competing views on where this should go: trainers vs. no trainers, compatible with classic vs. a game unto itself, like the Pokemon TCG vs. hate the Pokemon TCG...and on and on. There was no clear destination and I think that lead to a lot of the aimless wandering this thread has experienced.

We do need a moderator - someone who will monitor the thread and keep everyone focused and on task.

As far as designing the cards, I really like how it's handled at the Star Wars group. The moderator randomly selects a member to design a card. The chosen member selects a character from the list and creates a draft set of stats which are then presented to the group. The group discusses, the draft is revised, discussed a little more, and the group comes to a consensus and a card is designed.

We all also must agree that the cards that will be produced belong to the group not to any one individual. We all need to be free to give and take constructive feedback and willing to make changes the majority wants even if it conflicts with your (or my) personal vision. If the Pokescape Pikachu conflicts with what you want, well, that's what your own custom thread is for.

I would love for this to take off! Playing Pokemon video and card games with my oldest son was a blast! Now, playing Heroscape with my youngest is that same kind of fun. Being able to combine the two will be awesome!

Now, we just need to find some inexpensive, correct scale minis to use.

PS - Sorry for the incredibly long post
PPS - Ask me the questions, bridgekeeper, I'm not afraid (but make most of it about the first 150 to 250, please - after my son quit playing, I couldn't justify spending more on Pokemon to my wife!)

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old April 9th, 2010, 12:32 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
PS - Sorry for the incredibly long post
You call that incredibly long? Please, I wrote an essay on why the Dwarves should have gone to Vydar back in the wave nine speculation thread.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old April 9th, 2010, 12:39 AM

Dude, you got it. That is exactly what I am talking about.
Insofar as leadership and rules, I have a draft of rules and guidelines based loosely on C3G's with a core group, not one center leader. IHMO, one person running the show is no good. You end up with conflicts of interest and arguement about how it's "his" thread and so on and so forth. But with a group of person, you get multiple opinions, no one meaning more than the rest, no one person with all the power. Now, certainly, whomever starts the threads will have to keep them maintained. But it would be up to the group to keep interest alive and the others on task.
As I said, I'd be happy to start the new threads, post the guidelines and start the selection process for the core group. Then, we go from there.

BTW, here are the guidelines I have drawn up...
Spoiler Alert!

Sound like it might work?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards