Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old April 1st, 2010, 03:05 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Xn's Super Hero Customs - Shatterstar Update 3/31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
...Galactus Zombie Wolverine...
I really wanna see this card.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 09:08 AM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I've got some minis that I don't know what to do with but I'd love to have customs for. One of these in particular I feel really needs a heroscape custom. The Mutations and Monsters High Evolutionary figure may be the best looking heroclix figure I've ever seen but I know almost nothing about the character and the Wiki isn't all that helpful
I would love to see a High Evoulutionary card too and I know the character pretty well. I could sketch out some ideas if you want.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:10 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
Quote:
I've got some minis that I don't know what to do with but I'd love to have customs for. One of these in particular I feel really needs a heroscape custom. The Mutations and Monsters High Evolutionary figure may be the best looking heroclix figure I've ever seen but I know almost nothing about the character and the Wiki isn't all that helpful
I would love to see a High Evoulutionary card too and I know the character pretty well. I could sketch out some ideas if you want.
Sweet, when you get some time feel free to drop a me a PM and I can work on getting the ball rolling on that.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old April 8th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Alright, I have two rough drafts for new custom units, The High Evolutionary, and Longshot. I'm really not sure of what to use as the initial price point for either of these units as I don't really have any good comparisons within official scape or the C3G, so any input there (as well as on anything else) would be greatly appriciated.

High Evolutionary

Human
Unique Hero
Geneticist
Brilliant
Medium 5

L:4
M:5
R:1
A:4
D:5

Unlimited Intellect
If there is at least one Order Marker on High Evolutionary, you may add 5 to your initiative roll.

Re-Arrange Matter
If you win initiative by at least 12 and at least one Order Marker is on this card, you may move an 2 Order Markers on a single opponent's cards to any other cards that player controls. You may not place Order Markers on any cards not in play and you may never reveal an opponent's Order Markers when using Re-Arrange Matter.

Discordant Evolution Special Attack
Range 5 attack 6
High Evolutionary may only use Discordant Evolution Special Attack if the Evolution Marker is on this card. Figures roll two fewer defense against Discordant Evolution Special Attack. After using the Discordant Evolution Special Attack remove the Evolution Marker from this card.

Reconstruction Protocol
At the start of each round after High Evolutionary has been destroyed and before placing Order Markers, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, immediately place High Evolutionary on any space ajacent to a figure you control, remove all wound markers, and place the Evolution Marker on High Evolutionary.

Flying

points 380?

I spent some time talking to a friend that knos HE, and this is what we came up with. After a few different versions of the ability we settled on tieing Re-Arrange Matter to times when you significantly win initiative (I think it ends up working ~50% of the time, but I haven't sat down and figured out the math yet) and I stole the current wording from the C3G Joker because I really didn't see any need to reinvent the wheel.

I like the tensions built into this custom. If your opponent want's to regain control of their OMs, they have to take out the HE, if they do they're giving you a chance to respawn and get extra uses of your special attack.

Longshot

W-4
M-6
R-3
A-3
D-4

Mutant
Unique Hero
Entertainer?
Valiant

Lucky: Longshot starts the game with seven gold Luck Markers on his card.

Lucky Shot Special Attack Range: 3 Attack 4: Remove a Luck Marker from Longshot. Whenever Longshot attacks a figure that is engaged with a friendly figure using Lucky Shot Special Attack, any sheilds rolled on the attack dice count as skulls.

Allied Defense: Whenever an opponent declares an attack against a friendly figure within four clear sight spaces, no more than three levels up or down, from Longshot, you may remove one Luck Marker from this card. If you do, move Longshot adjacent to the defending figure. Longshot must roll defense and take any resulting wounds from the attack instead of the friently figure, when rolling defense in this way all skulls count as shields. Longshot does not take any leaving engagement attacks when using this power. This ability may only be used once per turn.

I'll freely admit that Allied Defense is too wordy (and yes I borrowed liberally from the C3G Superman) and has a bad name; I'll take any help I can get there. I built this custom around an idea for a special attack, Longshot seemed like a good hero to use for "sheilds count as skulls" for some reason. To mitigate the potential power of the abilities, I decided to play up the "noble intentions" clause in Longshot's powers and tie them both to defending allies.

As far as the Valiant personality goes, I don't forsee any potential problems with 4th Mass. The two units don't appear to have any strong gameplay synergies except in games with a high enough point cost that your opponent should have an answer to them.

As always, comments, critisism, and childish namecalling are welcome.

Old April 12th, 2010, 11:12 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Xn's Super Hero Customs - High Evolutionary and Longshot

Well nice start to your customs. I think the H E is very close to being done. I like Longshot but not the mechanics of his powers. I would do away with the Luck Markers and just tie it to a 20s die roll instead. It's much easier to manage that way. I think your right about allied defense being too wordy. I also don't like the name. If you really want suggestions I can research his powers and offer alternatives.
Old April 12th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Kudos on doing the High Evolutionary. I know he has been sitting there in the "Characters that nobody has done" pile for a long time.

I never really knew what to do with him and wondered if he would qualify as being a guy that fit thematically into my "Epic Line" (500+ points).

I don't know enough about the guy to comment on the powers you gave him, but there certainly is a lot going on there.
Old April 13th, 2010, 01:30 AM
Gets It!!!

Thanks for the responses Drewman-chu and badgermaniac.

One the topic of Longshot, I was really trying to match a hero to that "skulls and shields count as skulls or shields" mechanic. It's not something I'm really too attached to (heck I may end up scrapping the custom altogether) Longshot just felt like a good home for that mechanic.

High Evolutionary really needs to get some table time. Hopefully things will slow down for me in a couple weeks and I'll be able to give him a spin.

Old April 30th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Gets It!!!

So this is a first-draft for a Strong Guy custom. I haven't decided on his class and personality yet, but the mini appears to be the more current, private investigator version so I'll probably be drawing from that when I get time so sit down a make a card. I'm really pleased with the unintentional way Guido's susceptability (it seems like someone or another is always taking over his brain) to mind control comes through in this card. If someone were to take temporary control of Guido (say, Dr Doom) they would have the ability to blow your entire reserve of kinetic energy, and probably on your own figure too.

Strong Guy
Guido Carosella

Mutant
Unique Hero
~Undecided~
~Undecided~
Medium 6 (estimated)

L:10
M:5
R:1
A:5
D:4

Kinetic Absorption: Whenever Strong Guy receives a wound, you may place the wound marker on the text of this ability. Wound markers may not be placed on the text of this ability at any other time.

Strong Guy Smash Special Attack
Range 1 Attack 4+

When Strong Guy attacks with his Strong Guy Smash Special Attack you may move any number of wound markers from the text of his Kinetic Absorption to any other position on his card. You may roll one additional attack die for each marker moved.

I'm thinking he should be costed somewhere in the 180-220 range, but I'm really not too sure about that yet. And I don't really like the name "Strong Guy Smash," though it is somewhat appropriate as a variation of Rage Smash, and it sounds like something he would say.

Old May 5th, 2010, 01:55 AM

Jeabird is surprisingly tart
Re: Xn's Super Hero Customs - Strong Guy (draft) 4/30

I do not know if this would be of any help to you. I was working on a Strong Guy when they first released the mini and it never really went any where. I tried to include something iconic for the character and Guido alway had a weak heart and is always in pain due to his mutation. Anywho here are the powers I was tinkering with back then.
KINETIC ENERGY ABSORPTION
After rolling defense dice for Strong Guy, place one Kinetic Energy Absorption Marker on this card for every successfully blocked attack. Strong Guy may add 1 defense or attack die per maker at the end of his turn. Marker must be placed next to the stat to be augmented at the end of Strong Guy’s turn and may not be changed until the start of his next turn.

WEAK HEART
If the amount of Kinetic energy absorption markers on this card is greater than or equal to the amount of life points left on this card at the beginning of Strong Guy’s turn, place one wound marker on this card.

These are both worded wonky as hell, but they may set off something for you to work with.

I, like God, do play with dice and do believe in coincidence.
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Gets It!!!

Thanks for the imput Jeabird. I was actually planning on switching over to counters with the next revision, I just haven't had time to get it hammered out. (Stupid two jobs and school . . . .)

Old May 6th, 2010, 11:07 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Thanks for the imput Jeabird. I was actually planning on switching over to counters with the next revision, I just haven't had time to get it hammered out. (Stupid two jobs and school . . . .)
I agree that using counters instead of wound markers would be less messy. Nice tweak on Rage Smash, though.
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Gets It!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
I agree that using counters instead of wound markers would be less messy. Nice tweak on Rage Smash, though.
Thanks. It's a little funny, I was specifically tried to avoid using counters here because I feel like I'm over-inclined to use them and it turns out they're the most appropriate way to handle this power.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations